Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Swaeft's Snaps

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Swaeft's Snaps

Wow that's a pretty big difference alright. Also, nice job on cutting costs but not quality. Oh and I almost wanted to say "What? Your basement?" Then I realized you were talking about the sub forum. Trust me when I say I rarely venture out of the TWC Library and Creative Workshop

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Whoa, how is that even possible! I swear you are hiding VOTM material somewhere in there, M2TW is 30GB at most. I refuse to believe you have 200GB of screenshots! That being said, you have some sick disk space to begin with. Nice rig! And thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, I use Darthmod, it really helps. And I agree, all are great games...but some are greater than others...I'm looking at you, Napoleon!

Also, I should have made this clearer the first time, but the zoom function I was referring to was the insert key when you select a unit in Shogun 2 in battle. It zooms you in to two different perspectives randomly preset on ships, and for land units it takes you to a perspective where a soldier is looking forwards. On land you can cycle between all the soldiers in a unit, but at sea you're stuck with the two preset zoom perspectives. Really annoying, and my POTW 543 submission was restricted by that.

I also agree that if you play too much of a game, you'll get burnout. I like to cycle my games, when I stick with something it usually lasts for 3 or so months, then I change to another, and the cycle repeats. Not when I'm writing an AAR though!
    Agreed, I've tried mods with NTW, the unit ones - but nothing beats Darthmod. That has everything.

NTW is a difficult game to get great screenshots out off!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yeah, Darthmod is like an all in one package, but you have to like the whole package, and I do!

I haven't tried to get screenshots out of it yet, will do so and let you know my thoughts about it.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Added new signatures and posters section. Updated change log.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The God's Justice sig is brilliant!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    The God's Justice sig is brilliant!
    Thank you Araval! Nice of you to drop by Yeah, it was a flash of inspiration sort of thing, I already had the title in my mind and was aimlessly scrolling through my screenshots when I saw the t shaped cross and thought...hey!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Also, the choice of fonts and text colours is very good! What you can acheive with a TW screenshot!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks again, and thank you MS Paint!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Changed some images from imgur hosting to TWC hosting, no visual change. Updated change log.
    Last edited by Swaeft; January 10, 2019 at 04:45 AM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Just so you get a general idea of how unbelievably skilled lucky I am in War Thunder:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Fought so hard but still lost...pff...

Am only joking, that was my best ever match in like 3 years of playing on and off lol. War Thunder Album coming soon (no pretty pictures, ye plebs! Just me parking my stat screens somewhere )
    Last edited by Swaeft; January 13, 2019 at 08:34 PM.

Honestly Swaeft, love your Shogun 2 screenshots. I remember reading the old Shogun 2 AARs back when Shogun 2 was in the prime time, it reminds me a lot of nostalgia.

I cannot wait to see your 3k shots.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Honestly Swaeft, love your Shogun 2 screenshots. I remember reading the old Shogun 2 AARs back when Shogun 2 was in the prime time, it reminds me a lot of nostalgia.

I cannot wait to see your 3k shots.
    Thanks man, Shogun 2 is the only total war game I'm playing now, so apologies if it gets a little repetitive. Man, those Shogun 2 AARs were amazing, I couldn't stop reading them and only recently gave my two cents to the authors. I think it's my favorite total war game.

3k shots? What are you referring to?

Also, nice new avatar

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Total War: Rise of Three Kingdoms I believe
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Ahh...I'm sorry to disappoint then. I won't be getting that game, because of the specs required and because I don't see myself having the time to play it. Sorry :S

Thanks man, Shogun 2 is the only total war game I'm playing now, so apologies if it gets a little repetitive. Man, those Shogun 2 AARs were amazing, I couldn't stop reading them and only recently gave my two cents to the authors. I think it's my favorite total war game.

Also, nice new avatar
    Believe me Shogun 2 shots are rare these days with the newer total war games.

It certainly was mine at launch, the release, the graphics, I don't know what it was but it was something that made me play it. The immersion was just right - easy and simple to understand.

Yes Athelstan is right 3k. What? Damn, get it when you can because it looks amazing in the future.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well, I really don't think I'll get it. At least not anytime soon. I never buy games on launch, I always wait a year or more for them to iron out bugs and get patches out and whatnot. Also...discounts! I'll definitely grab Medieval 3 when it comes out though.

Your choice!

Eh, Med 3's not for me now but we will wait and see!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    Your choice!

Eh, Med 3's not for me now but we will wait and see!
    Haha, I think we still need to wait for a long time before we even see Medieval 3 in production.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

So after a while this has gotten an update...with a video! I don't intend to make many of those as my skill with video making is pretty limited, so I'll leave them on the front page for now. About the video: Anthem! A game that I fell in love with when I saw the trailers but knew I would never pay for. So the open demo was a real blessing. I was dumb enough to only realize there was an open demo 6 hours before it ended so the video is a compilation of the most suitable clips I found that suited a piece of music I really loved - City of Sails by Marcus Warner.

Enjoy!

Edit: Guess I'll park it here too for ease of viewing.

Last edited by Swaeft; February 08, 2019 at 08:12 PM.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Cool video, Swaeft! I read reviews of this game, most of them were very positive. I really liked the music combined with the atmosphere shown in the video.