Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v12 Economy, Resources & Population Growth

ahowl11's Avatar RTR Project

Default Re: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v12 Economy, Resources & Population Growth

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    Hello ahow11, you made me a believer. After our PM'S discussion, other than that, your mod looks great. But I wish you would change the looks of the skins of Roman soldiers. For the most part, I think the map untirely looks far better than the vanilla map. The colors are bright and eveything stands out. Way to go ahow, keep up the good work.
    If you are wanting something realistic looking (texture wise) I am not going to stray from the vanilla look and feel. DBH of XGM did that by having the Romans use Ferres style Romans and it just completely ruined the cohesion. However, I can improve on the models to make them more realistic. I'm just not gonna stray from the vanilla uniform colors. I'm glad you like the map, the mod will always be improving!

Vesko, I fixed the bug, thanks for letting me know! Here is the file, it's save game compatible. Just stick it in HRTW/data and overwrite.
    Last edited by ahowl11; September 10, 2019 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v12 Economy, Resources & Population Growth

Thanx for the quick response! I will start a fresh Pontus campaign. I've played Macedon in the meanwhile, I got very rich very quickly, even with economics reworked I'm still overpowered even on hard difficulty. I feel that Brutii aren't aggressive enough, Greek cities are pushovers, Thracians and Dacians are a joke. The new unit recruitment system only makes it a little bit longer to get access to better troops, but I can still spam levies and militias ad infinitum and overwhelm with sheer numbers. Also, isn't Peloponnesus too small for 5 cities? It feels really crammed. I understand you added them so the Greeks have space to spread and stay competitive, and for Brutii and Macedon to have somethng to fight over with the Greeks, but the fact they're so easily beaten only made it so that I'm a virtual bottomless pocket of denarii with so many provinces. Mabe I should try on very hard ><
    Anyway, keep up the good work, I like this mod very much. I await v13!

Quote Originally Posted by Vesko View Post
    Thanx for the quick response! I will start a fresh Pontus campaign. I've played Macedon in the meanwhile, I got very rich very quickly, even with economics reworked I'm still overpowered even on hard difficulty. I feel that Brutii aren't aggressive enough, Greek cities are pushovers, Thracians and Dacians are a joke. The new unit recruitment system only makes it a little bit longer to get access to better troops, but I can still spam levies and militias ad infinitum and overwhelm with sheer numbers. Also, isn't Peloponnesus too small for 5 cities? It feels really crammed. I understand you added them so the Greeks have space to spread and stay competitive, and for Brutii and Macedon to have somethng to fight over with the Greeks, but the fact they're so easily beaten only made it so that I'm a virtual bottomless pocket of denarii with so many provinces. Mabe I should try on very hard ><
    Anyway, keep up the good work, I like this mod very much. I await v13!
    I have uploaded the correct file for you now, hopefully it works!!

As far as money is concerned, I never changed the costs and upkeeps of units.. I will look into that now. The recruitment system will probably see a dramatic change as well, I am tired of seeing militia armies. This won't happen for awhile though.
    I am keeping the Peloponnese the way it is.. it was a very important theater in this time frame.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, the game works now with the new file, thanx alot.

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

failed to read censored word error , yet a again another broken rtw mod installation
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by ialyxxiieee View Post
    failed to read censored word error , yet a again another broken rtw mod installation
    I’m assuming you have a steam setup or a traditional CD setup. Regardless you need the Alexander expansion. For the steam setup make sure the HRTW folder is located in the Rome Total War - Alexander directory (not Rome Total War - Gold), but not inside the alexander folder.
    So like this: Rome Total War - Alexander/HRTW
    not like this Rome Total War - Alexander/alexander/HRTW

Now if you have a traditional CD setup somewhere else on your pc the same principles apply, you want the mod folder to be in your main directory but not inside the alexander folder.

Also make sure you have the correct shortcut properties, whether it be steam or a shortcut on your desktop the target line needs to read -mod:HRTW -show_err -noalexander

Hope this helps and hopefully you can take my mod off of your infamous ‘broken installation list’ haha

crazyroman's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ialyxxiieee View Post
    It's a mistake from your own side, most likely . Follow Ahowl11 guide and you will have no trouble playing the mod like many other people, including me . Also, a tip from me: be more polite, it will help .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123