Thread: Domination: Western Med. ( A mod for TLR ) Assistants sought...

Default Domination: Western Med. ( A mod for TLR ) Assistants sought...

Hi all. I'm hoping to put together a new mod using the map of The Last Roman DLC. I enjoy this map the most as it has interesting diversity of environments and cultures with a fairly tight focus. Importantly for me it also enables quick AI turn times due to the lesser faction list. I enjoyed the "Ancient Rome Mod" which used TLR map in the Grand Campaign but it's unfortunately been taken down from the Steam Workshop. I can do most of the work but have no experience in ESF modding of start pos.

Main aims:

-little waiting for AI turn times
    -TLR's focused map
    -greater diversity of factions in game than vanilla TLR with smaller starting empires - I want to add Huns, Western Roman and Eastern Roman Empires, more African and "eastern" factions...
    -brighter and better colour coordinated factions - as seen in my SGZ's Supermod for Attila.
    -include some of the cooler unit reskins out there
    -some other minor gameplay tweaks as per my SGZ's Supermod for Attila.

Anyone who can help with the ESF startpos modding please PM me..
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Default Re: Domination: Western Med. ( A mod for TLR ) Assistants sought...

I dont think you can edit the startpos through ESF, you need to do it through the assembly kit

Nikron's Avatar Senator

There was a mod which brought antiquity into Attila and I never knew about it? Do you still have the mod file or any link where I can find this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    There was a mod which brought antiquity into Attila and I never knew about it? Do you still have the mod file or any link where I can find this mod?
    Uhhh you serious? Ancient Empires is one of the biggest mods out for attila: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...t-Empires-(AE)

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Uhhh you serious? Ancient Empires is one of the biggest mods out for attila: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...t-Empires-(AE)
    He was talking about a mod that brought AE into the TLR campaign map. AE is amazing but I can't be bothered with grand campaign maps of any TW except Shogun which is focused. RotR would have been their best sale if it included Greece, I'm certain of that.

A more interesting map for antiquity would be smth like the TLR one but a bit more eastern shifted to cover the Balkans and part of Anatolia as well as Egypt down south. Northern and Western Europe aren't that interesting in that period so just leaving the Alps and the coast of Spain is more than enough for "diversity" and inclusion of the barbarians.

But CA is too busy making Thrones of Britannia and Three Kingdoms instead of this Mediterranean focused map filled with Hellenistic, Egyptian, Carthaginian, and Roman cities as well as barbarian settlements in the peripheries of the map as outside threats in the form of hordes for example.

No antiquity and TW enthusiast is interested in playing the Iceni or Northern Germanic tribes besides the Brits/Scandinavians and the team of CA (Brits again).

If I were a Youtuber they'd blacklist me for expressing my opinion for example.