Thread: Critical CTD - afraid it's the fatal nail in the coffin

Default Critical CTD - afraid it's the fatal nail in the coffin

I used GeoMod to make regions. Everything seemed straightforward. I have adjusted borders, made new names and arranged cities and ports and everything for hours and hours after testing each new two or three regions for them to work properly. It all seemed ok until I decided to save and quit and have a last backup. I did so.
    Now, I decided to test the campaign after that backup. The game... crashes as soon as I select a faction.

Here's what the log has to say:

23:46:08.364 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1284, column 1
    Couldn't find region name 'Malmò_r' in stringtable
    23:46:11.853 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    Now... this is completely false because in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt.strings the string is present. Malmò is listed.

I tried loading the map in GeoMod again after this error - it loaded fine before and saved everything correctly when I closed it - only for me to find this error

So what do I do? I change the name of the region and settlement and use a normal "o", and so I make in the stringtable as well.

This is the result

No dice in game as well.

23:53:46.137 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1, column 1
    Couldn't find region name '' in stringtable
    23:53:49.619 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Now.... if my suspicions are correct I'm basically done for and I should remake everything again. Which is a big No and in that case our good friend Gigantus can pull my mod out of the hosted mods entirely because I wont do all that work again ever.

I'm eagerly awaiting my Christmas death sentence modding wise. Just tell me how much I am losing here.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Critical CTD - afraid it's the fatal nail in the coffin

It will appear you broke one of the cardinal rules: never use special characters inside the curly brackets.

Upload your descr_regions.txt, descr_strat.txt, text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt and string.bin files - there seems to be some hidden formatting left even after you replaced the special character. My bet - either descr_strat or descr_regions going by the game's log.

You should be able to sort out the issue manually. Use the BinEditor (in Geomod folder: ...\Medieval II Total War\tools\Geomod) - to 'open' the string.bin version of imperial_campaign_regions..., then retype the entry. 'Export' the file as TXT and then 'save' as STRING.BIN - the editor will remove any hidden formatting.

1 = the entry in curly brackets, do not use special_characters!!
    2 = the display entry, do whatever you want here

Note - make sure the entry in field 1 agrees with the entry in descr_regions and descr_strat

Last edited by Gigantus; December 26, 2018 at 05:23 AM.

Sorted it out thanks. I'll never touch anything with an accent mark ever again
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Blog Entries

Glad you got it sorted, just keep it in mind next time you work with those text files in the data\text folder.

Well well, what a surprise, it's me again! Happy new year Gigantus. Mind if I keep this thread alive for a little while longer? I feel like I'll need it.

The game refuses to compile the Campaign Map.

This time GeoMod is not complaining, it lets me edit all settlements, see and manage ports and borders etc, no problem, it even lets me save correctly. The debugger doesnt complain either. all seems good. Then in game the campaign doesnt load and I am presented with this swarm of errors in the log file

15:43:48.852 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    15:43:48.854 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    15:43:49.532 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_france.tga is missing
    15:43:49.532 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_france.tga is missing
    15:43:51.872 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    15:43:51.872 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm is missing
    15:43:51.873 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_battle.txt is missing
    15:43:51.873 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    15:43:51.873 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rbm is missing
    15:43:51.873 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.wfc is missing
    15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 123, column 5
    The city core building level should be one less than the settlement level!

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 123, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 142, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 142, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 215, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 215, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 238, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 238, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 280, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 280, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 299, column 5

15:44:10.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 299, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 390, column 1

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 390, column 1

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 405, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 405, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 424, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 424, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 447, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 447, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 474, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 474, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 497, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 497, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 520, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 520, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 570, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 570, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 601, column 5

15:44:10.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 601, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 643, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 643, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 693, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 693, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 712, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 712, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 743, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 743, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 770, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 770, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 789, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 789, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 812, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 812, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 873, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 873, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 923, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 923, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 969, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 969, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1000, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1000, column 5

15:44:10.975 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1023, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1023, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1054, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1054, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1083, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1083, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1137, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1137, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1179, column 1

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1179, column 1

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1194, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1194, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1246, column 5

15:44:10.976 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1246, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1265, column 1

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1265, column 1

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1280, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1280, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1341, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1341, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1360, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1360, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1389, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1389, column 5

15:44:10.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1556, column 1

15:44:10.978 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1556, column 1

15:44:10.978 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1744, column 5

15:44:10.978 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1744, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1781, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1781, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1808, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1808, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1838, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1838, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1879, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1879, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1910, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1910, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1941, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1941, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1972, column 5

15:44:10.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1972, column 5

15:44:10.980 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2018, column 5

15:44:10.980 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2018, column 5

15:44:10.980 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2047, column 5

15:44:10.980 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2047, column 5

15:44:10.980 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2078, column 5

15:44:10.980 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2078, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2107, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2107, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2138, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2138, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2157, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2157, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2192, column 1

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2192, column 1

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2207, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2207, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2226, column 1

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2226, column 1

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2264, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2264, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2287, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2287, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2314, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2314, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2390, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2390, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2409, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2409, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2432, column 5

15:44:10.981 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2432, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2451, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2451, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2470, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2470, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2493, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2493, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2522, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2522, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2541, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2541, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2564, column 1

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2564, column 1

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2579, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2579, column 5

15:44:10.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2617, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2617, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2636, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2636, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2659, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2659, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2678, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2678, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2697, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2697, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2731, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2731, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2750, column 1

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2750, column 1

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2765, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2765, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2784, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2784, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2803, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2803, column 5

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2822, column 1

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2822, column 1

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2837, column 1

15:44:10.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2837, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2852, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2852, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2875, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2875, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2898, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2898, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2913, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2913, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2932, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2932, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2959, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2959, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2978, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2978, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2997, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2997, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3016, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3016, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3031, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3031, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3046, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3046, column 1

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3061, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3061, column 5

15:44:10.984 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3084, column 1

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3084, column 1

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3099, column 1

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3099, column 1

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3125, column 5

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3125, column 5

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3200, column 5

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3200, column 5

15:44:10.985 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/RotE/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3212, column 5
    could not create settlement at script line 3212.

Note that some of the lines the error log is mentioning dont even contain settlements in them, just closed brackets.
    ... again I'm in the dark. Every little step seems absurdly tedious to me.
    My Mods and Projects

Blog Entries

The building level issues are not fatal but you should attend to them - it's a mismatch between the level and the core building.
    Code:
    settlement
    {
        level city
        region Novgorod_Province

year_founded 0
        population 4000
        plan_set default_set
        faction_creator russia
        building
        {
            type core_building stone_wall
        }
    For the fatal error (line 3212) I would need to have a look at the descr_strat file - this looks to me like some formatting error anyhow.

Edit: using Ctlr+G let's you enter the line number
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 02, 2019 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks, I have solved both issues. Everything is working well (for now)
    My Mods and Projects

Blog Entries

What caused the problem, or what did you do to solve it?

Since I had several issues more after that, I dont recall with precision. Certainly the core building problem was as you said, a very simple one. I have changed the core buildings entirely since then so it doesnt really apply to the current version of the mod. Regardless, the second problem was related to a region duplicate. For some odd reason, up until that point the engine considered both regions to be the same and didnt give me any warnings or errors. I have been working on the rest of the campaign map without issues for about a full month after the accidental duplication. I have no idea why this happened.
    The only indication of it, and the one red flag that gave me the hint as to where to look, was the continuous assumption by the engine that the settlement in that region was owned by the faction "slaves" despite me assigning the right one.
    My Mods and Projects

Blog Entries

That's a good one

That's why I love the Geomod tool - when coming across weird stuff I use it to 'verify' all regions, family trees and win conditions. Duplicate regions get picked up, as well as duplicated colours (easy error when doing copy\paste)
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 07, 2019 at 07:22 PM.