Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: WWC_DIADOCHI

Default Re: WWC_DIADOCHI

I have been wondering Leoni if you're going to update the standards and faction symbols in the menu and the campaing of the Antigonids, Eumenes, Thracians and Syracuse (in the case of this last one is a bit strange to see its enemies from the Independent Greek Poleis using also the Trinacria symbol.)
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 21, 2020 at 04:11 PM.

Ashton's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you for such an amazing mod leoni! What I wanted to ask is if there is a way to make tone down the campaign map a little bit, because it is too laggy for me. As I understand, my specs are not up to the task. I think it has something to do with the tree models

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

try to go to your playoneturn data folder....remove the descr_climate text file...put it into elsewhere and look if it helps....do you also checked your exe to accept more than 2 gb ram???

thank you for your amazing work I don't know how to emphasize this, just mod is super
    extra good, i have rs3 and i said to myself let's try what can go wrong, it load
    campaign map but crush to desktop when loading a battle no message pops up,
    so i somehow know it's probably an enviorment from rs3 they have changed it to look better
    so i copied rs3 enviorment files, RS 3 have better (realistic) cities and redone
    enviorment, now everything works fine i'm playing Romans, H/H i capture Capua (Capua
    looks amazing)...music is realy good too...thanks again

thank you bro, i hope your campaign will develop very well, in my actual camp, i build up a solid antigonid kingdom, the romans finally wiped out samnites and etruscans, but syrakuse started to invade them turn after turn at rhegion and the celts still hold the north and from time to time, epeiros set sail for brentesion....enjoy your game

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    thank you bro, i hope your campaign will develop very well, in my actual camp, i build up a solid antigonid kingdom, the romans finally wiped out samnites and etruscans, but syrakuse started to invade them turn after turn at rhegion and the celts still hold the north and from time to time, epeiros set sail for brentesion....enjoy your game
    Hi Leoni! I would like to know if you're going to update the banners of the Antigonids and Eumenes's factions? The first still use the symbols of the Pergamene faction and the seconds the ones from the Pontic kingdom, they use the portrait of Olympia and somekind of deer I'm correct?

i dont know why to change, or what symbols do you would like...i got no idea, as on the coins, they all use similar iconic images of alexander the great or some common godnesses....any suggestions

i dont know why to change, or what symbols do you would like...i got no idea, as on the coins, they all use similar iconic images of alexander the great or some common godnesses....any suggestions
    For the case of Antigonus faction the symbol that you have already included from the coins with the head of Herakles is perfect. And respect Eumenes' faction the face of Oympias is a good option though this image of Zeus Aëtophoros from a coin of Philip III, to who he was loyal, also could be a good possibility:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...323_320_BC.jpg

Coin of Philip III Arrhidaios. 323-317 BC. AR Tetradrachm (17.20 g, 1h). Babylon mint. Struck under Perdikkas, circa 323-320 BC. Head of Herakles right, wearing lion skin headdress / [BASILEWS FILIPPOU], Zeus Aëtophoros seated left; wheel and monogram in left field, monogram below throne.

Finally, another interesting option could be use this Roman coin, maybe based in an original Hellenistic model, which represents Olympias feeding one of her snakes. Though should be replaced by basilisa in Greek:

Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 31, 2020 at 09:14 AM.

Leoni, I have a question perhaps a dumb one but I'll ask away: I have RS 3.1 installed, will Diadochi work on that or do I absolutely need a RS 2.6 installation? Cheers!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Leoni, I have a question perhaps a dumb one but I'll ask away: I have RS 3.1 installed, will Diadochi work on that or do I absolutely need a RS 2.6 installation? Cheers!
    You deffo need 2.6 it will not work with 3.1 I'm afraid
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    You deffo need 2.6 it will not work with 3.1 I'm afraid
    That's a bit of a bummer. Oh well, time to make a new 2.6 install, then... Thank you, Saul Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    That's a bit of a bummer. Oh well, time to make a new 2.6 install, then... Thank you, Saul Cheers!
    Nae bother, you're welcome there are very very few people reply to questions on this or the RS threads on TWC, I drop in every now and again to try and help with what knowledge I have, so if you have any more issues with these mods by all means pm me for a quicker response and if I can help I will

Can someone explain more thoroughly how to install this one.

Shall i rename my original PlayOneTurn folder and put this on in, or should i just add this on on top and replace everything?

This mod seems awesome so im kinda eager to try it out

And to Leoni, maybe if you have time. Could show me how you make and import new portraits to the game? Because i have some ideas.

Best regards!

just rename, your original playoneturn folder...as safe backup....then unzip my playoneturn folder and place this one to the same direction....or just read the install instructions for wwc hellenistic twilight....they are the same....in case for portraits...go into your data folder, search and open the ui folder....now you have folders for every culture, go into the one you will change and you find a portrait folder...you have to change the stuff for generals....young, old and dead....

I'm on 30-35 turn with Rome M/M, H/H is probably imposible to win, so i wanna see what is going on da map...
    ...what caught my attention are Macedon faction, they have 6 full stacks + almost 2 full stacks in their
    two cities + some addisional troops in other cities, other factions have two and a half stacks max or less...
    so this faction is overpowered i guess... the only change I made is in export_descr_units recruitment time
    ... rec time 6 turns i decreased 4, rec time 3 turns i decreased 2, rec 2 i decreased 1 and so on i do this
    with notepad ++ so some mistakes are almost imposible and this would effect some other factions, but no
    just macs are huns here...and this would probably happen without edditing e_d_u... i just wanna report
    this Leo...take care

To play WWC DIADOCHI you need a clean, working RS 2.6 modification installed....

WWC DIADOCHI is just playable with alex exe and tested always on h/h settings...

go into your RS data folder and rename your PlayOneTurn folder...

download my PlayOneTurn zip folder, unpack and put all files in the same directory, where the original folder is...

restart a one turn game....delete map rwm....and play....

https://mega.nz/file/w3gmHIQI#f_NP9W...9mc9ccPhaCF-4k

below the first patch, unzip the patch folder, open copy and paste the data folder on to your main rs2.6 data folder....if asked, overwrite all files...

https://mega.nz/file/crhmxazQ#82ll3z...oejkqg7xS7xMu4
    1. Should I patch the data folder in PlayOneTurn folder, or the one where my Alex.exe is?

2. Not a modder, but why don't you use the RSIII build? Using 2.6 creates confusion and reluctance from people to install such sub-mods due to many reasons.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; July 05, 2020 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    1. Should I patch the data folder in PlayOneTurn folder, or the one where my Alex.exe is?
    As the instruction says mate, unpack the Diadochi_patch 01 rar, open the resultant folder, copy and paste the data folder that's there into your directory where the Play_XXXX and exe's are, click yes to all when asked
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; July 05, 2020 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    As the instruction says mate, unpack the Diadochi_patch 01 rar, open the resultant folder, copy and paste the data folder that's there into your directory where the Play_XXXX and exe's are, click yes to all when asked
    I just wanted to make sure, thanks for help, fan of the channel.

But anyway, I get an error when launching the campaign with any faction. And here in lies the problem with such elaborate sub mods.
    Now I have to uninstall everything, then install RS2.5,RS2.6,WWC and patch it, cause only God knows what went wrong on the first install.

Then additionally, I had to create another Alex folder(Another download from Steam), cause I don't want to delete my RSIII.

I mean just so much work, there's gotta be a way to trim it down.

EDIT:

I have no idea what am I doing wrong, RS2.5 and RS2.6 just won't work, but my RS3 works perfectly, I am utterly clueless.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; July 05, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I just wanted to make sure, thanks for help, fan of the channel.

But anyway, I get an error when launching the campaign with any faction. And here in lies the problem with such elaborate sub mods.
    Now I have to uninstall everything, then install RS2.5,RS2.6,WWC and patch it, cause only God knows what went wrong on the first install.

Then additionally, I had to create another Alex folder(Another download from Steam), cause I don't want to delete my RSIII.

I mean just so much work, there's gotta be a way to trim it down.

EDIT:

I have no idea what am I doing wrong, RS2.5 and RS2.6 just won't work, but my RS3 works perfectly, I am utterly clueless.
    You're welcome and thanks for following my LP's. Unfortunately I can't help you with anything steam related, I don't use it for RTW 1 mods, I find it causes too many issues when combined with Windows 10, I only got steam because my son wanted to play Divide et Impera and you need Rome II for that mod.