Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: WWC_DIADOCHI

Default Re: WWC_DIADOCHI

When I try to start a campaing with any faction appears the next message message leaving frozen the loading:

Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 17, 2020 at 11:13 AM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    When I try to start a campaing with any faction appears the next message message leaving frozen the loading:
    I have already let leoni know mate, if you click on "ok" several times the game continues to load but unfortunately there is 2 more error windows after that, the 2nd happens 1st pre-battle of every faction and crashes the game, I've tested it, leoni is looking for a fix
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 17, 2020 at 11:27 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I have already let leoni know mate, if you click on "ok" several times the game continues to load but unfortunately there is 2 more error windows after that, the 2nd happens 1st pre-battle of every faction and crashes the game, I've tested it, leoni is looking for a fix
    Thanks Saul, I was thinking that maybe I hadn't downloaded correctly the mod's file.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Does anybody have a RS2.6 installation and could they reupload it? Thanksinadvanced!

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

please look at the first page, of the hellenistic twilight thread....there is a link

alright, first patch is online, please test it...simply unzip, click on the patch folder copy and paste the data folder over your rs2.6 main data folder...if asked, overwrite all files

patch is on the first post
    Last edited by leoni; May 18, 2020 at 10:01 AM.

Ok, I have been playing a while with the new patch and find several bugs:

- First I have a CTDS playing with Eumenes in the battle against the army of Antigonus, while playing this same battle with the opposite I didn't have anyone.

- The text biography of Eumenes appears too up in the screen so the first paragraph can't be read.

- The image of Demetrios Poliorcetes that appears among the forces garrisoning the city is the pic of Attalus I while when you select him appears with another portrait.

in case for the battle with eumenes, when the ctd appears...during the battle...after the battle on the way back to the camp map....was there a message-or just a crash...did you tried to replay the same battle...??? thanx for your comment...

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    in case for the battle with eumenes, when the ctd appears...during the battle...after the battle on the way back to the camp map....was there a message-or just a crash...did you tried to replay the same battle...??? thanx for your comment...
    The first time during the battle and in a second time replaying the same battle just when I cliked back to the camp map at the end of it.

so i played the battle, without any problems, very smooth performance...did you checked your exe to accept 4 more than 2 gb ram?

so i played the battle, without any problems, very smooth performance...did you checked your exe to accept 4 more than 2 gb ram?
    Nope I didn't, I have just do it and now the battle works fine

On other hand, I have found another bugs playing with the faction of Lyshimachus:

- His "Basilikoi Peltastai Makedones" appear using a standard with the Mauryan's faction symbol (three lions.)

- After conquer the city of Mesembria the pictures of my army dissapeared being replaced by the building's pics from the settlement but divided in the unit cards of my army. And shortly after I have a CTDS, however when a loaded again the same save game this bug dissapeared.

- In third place, there are some pics of the units and buildings that doesn't appear having in their place blank pics (not only playing with Lyshimachus faction if not also with others.)
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 19, 2020 at 12:10 PM.

point 2, could you make a screenshot next time....3 stuff is well known, lack of the old engine and discussed in forums several times...its sad, but i can nothing do about it...but good to here that the battes now are working better....be aware....the new units for samnites and etruscans lacking sprites....so as i played as romani, battles often crashes...reload, than it worked...hope someone will make me new sprites...last time a russian brother helped me with it...

point 2, could you make a screenshot next time....3 stuff is well known, lack of the old engine and discussed in forums several times...its sad, but i can nothing do about it...but good to here that the battes now are working better....be aware....the new units for samnites and etruscans lacking sprites....so as i played as romani, battles often crashes...reload, than it worked...hope someone will make me new sprites...last time a russian brother helped me with it...
    Ok mate don't worry. Below the pics with the Mauryan standards and the incomplete biography text of Peucestas (the same occurs with Eumenes):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

thankx will be fixed....maybe i have to cut the text or place the traits in another sequence...yep lysimachos was the former mauryan empire...he he

After many hours testing several factions, all played on H/H difficulty, there is much that is good and most battles play smooth, but there is several issues that will need attention;... Incorrect UI cards, blank pictures on description cards, many wrong voice call of units(for example cavalry say auxilia, skirmisher say Scutarii), unlikely Generals BG, sprites missing, a few ctd's with sieges which I made work arounds to continue, 1 example was Etruscan siege at Bononia(3 times) but 4th time I waited till 1 extra end turn and it was fine, tho the units refused to enter towers(2 in same siege), also several ctd's due to ALX stop working(yes I have 4gb file) economy seems a little unbalanced with much money growing in my coffers, some constructions are very costly tho'(52,000d for highways??). Great "eye candy" models as usual but some seem a bit clunky, almost like human tanks. I'm a big fan of your work and this has the potential to be the best Rome 1 mod ever, but imo it needs to have these details refined and polished, thanks for asking me to test....Here's a couple of screenies of Etruscan issues..

Looks great, a script error data/scripts\show_me\background-script.txt line 6604,column 40 trait not found and missing sprites
    Last edited by Barbarian Axeman; May 20, 2020 at 12:16 PM.

will check the script, never get this...

hallo saul....what do you mean with blank pic on description...for units...buildings...if possible could you name the wrong ui cards...also as for many special hoplite, i have no correct cards....and i never done something with voices, i tried once to make chances to sounds and voices, but without success....dont get it and ignored it
    that siege issue i did not faced, as i also often didnt play sieges, i always rally out to beat them or die....but will try to fix that...thankx for your help

....what do you mean with blank pic on description...for units...buildings
    Hi leoni, I mean both.

...if possible could you name the wrong ui cards...
    These are two examples, 1) Generals icon but is actually a slinger unit 2) Infantry icon but is actually a cavalry unit

this blank pic i canot do anything, its the engine and described somewhere...sometimes it shows the pics but often it stays blank....

the slinger general pic i can not see and the spartan cav is actually a hoplite model on horse...thatswhy that ui pic...

in case for money...per script your income should be limited to around 82000 max per round...its not that much if you growing bigger, many armies, expensive ships, buildings etc. in my actual camp with kassander money is going to zero nearly every round, if all stuff is done, armies replenish etc.
    my only camp so far, where i had very fast to much, as i played as seleukos...but i had done some extra money scripting for them
    in my roman camp, i ruled all over italy...but spend my money every round too

this blank pic i canot do anything, its the engine and described somewhere...sometimes it shows the pics but often it stays blank....
    I know the cause of blank screens but in 5 years of playing and testing I have never seen it on this scale

the slinger general pic i can not see and the spartan cav is actually a hoplite model on horse...thatswhy that ui pic...
    Icon say General/Family Member but information box say slingers, in next screenie you see slingers for Generals Bodyguard

in case for money...per script your income should be limited to around 82000 max per round...its not that much if you growing bigger, many armies, expensive ships, buildings etc. in my actual camp with kassander money is going to zero nearly every round, if all stuff is done, armies replenish etc.
    my only camp so far, where i had very fast to much, as i played as seleukos...but i had done some extra money scripting for them
    in my roman camp, i ruled all over italy...but spend my money every round too
    I have been testing mods for Suppanut, ahowl 11, Lanjane & crazyroman for 3+ years and I've seen the work they put into their economies in an attempt to make it difficult for the player, and always seem to be well balanced for building/unit cost & upkeep plus AI spending, I find having access to too much surplus of money makes the game easy, of course that's just MY opinion, I agree it might be fun to be able to buy big armies and build city's quickly, but where's the challenge? so it's each to their own I suppose. Anyway, good luck, take care & stay safe