Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Previews

Default Map Previews

Happy holidays to all!

A sneak peak of the campaign map of Albion Total War.

Includes: Hebrides, Scotland, England, Wales.

More previews to come!

Enjoy!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Zantorian; December 27, 2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Added header image

Default Re: Map Previews

Getting some heavy stronghold vibes from that.. Great stuff mate!

I try to limit it to one between main settlements, in areas where they are more concentrated it is because there are small factions there with only one or two settlements. It is for their protection, game play, and also all are historically named and placed. Cheers!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing work

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

By far the best mod on total war

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

romy's Avatar Semisalis

I've never seen a map as polished as yours in any Total War mod. It looks so great.

The medieval atmosphere in your mod is so strong.

This looks like one of the most polished work I have ever seen (with EB II). Great work !

Keep it up and Merry Christmas !!
    R.I.P. Calvin

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Looking swell, nice for folks to see it live action

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Wonderful!Going to keep checking up on this one!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Wonderful as per usual!

OMG looking awesome great stuff guys and best Britannia EVERRRRRR..! For sure the best mod for Britannia of this era..! Gimme some Wallace man..! Any eta a little betta for the poor..!?

Thank Basil, please try to keep same questions to one post. To answer your question, I am the lone modder on this project. If I did this full time I could calculate 40 plus hours per week, roughly the time it would take, and it would be alot faster. This however is a hobby for now, so to provide an accurate ETA is simply impossible. I can always bluff and give some unrealistic date but then probably miss my mark, and it just creates problems.

If all goes well I would like for it to be released in 2020. I need this coming year for feature implementation, finishing the map, units/textures, further art work, battle maps, further text work, and of course bug testing. As said If I could do this full time and not worry about income It would be faster, but it simply is not the case as with most mods. However my resolve is strong, and this has been a passionate hobby of mine for the past two years. So stay tuned, and enjoy the updates until release

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

astonishing map, great work

lol @the rain in main menu
    Check out my AOR and balancing Mod for Third Age Total War

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Zantorian
    I can always bluff and give some unrealistic date but then probably miss my mark, and it just creates problems
    Yeah, people tends to hold that against you

So stay tuned, and enjoy the updates until release
    We do

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Just looked where my login data is.. only to say you: Wooow great work! Looks stunning!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Zantorian,
    Appreciations for your work! I wish you to have such a drive for modding also this year.
    I've got a question concerning the gameplay. In the past, many teams concluded that having permanent forts has a very bad effect on the gameplay (especially on the AI behaviour, the reasons are summed up here). How do you intend to deal with this issue?
    JoC

Hi Jurand. Ive researched these issues, the forts are garrisoned (with psf dedicated units) by descr_strat, and replenished by script, to keep them manned for the ai only. They are used to slow the players blitz and tactics, and add historical value and the importance of strongholds. However, my main approach was to simply have an alternate campaign with forts removed.

Can even throw in a .bat file or option selector (a la Stainless Steel) that changes out the descr_campaign_db and the ability to build them, as well as cost within the descr_cultures.

PS: In the end not every decision I make will make every player happy, this is the nature of modding. I will do the best of my ability to give CHOICE to the player, within the limits of the engine. Cheers!
    Last edited by Zantorian; January 01, 2019 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantorian View Post
    Hi Jurand. Ive researched these issues, the forts are garrisoned (with psf dedicated units) by descr_strat, and replenished by script, to keep them manned for the ai only. They are used to slow the players blitz and tactics, and add historical value and the importance of strongholds. However, my main approach was to simply have an alternate campaign with forts removed.

Can even throw in a .bat file or option selector (a la Stainless Steel) that changes out the descr_campaign_db and the ability to build them, as well as cost within the descr_cultures.

PS: In the end not every decision I make will make every player happy, this is the nature of modding. I will do the best of my ability to give CHOICE to the player, within the limits of the engine. Cheers!
    Marvelous.

All the possible compliments on your work Zantorian, your map is a true work of art. If only the historical component of the Medieval II Total War modding community had more able individuals such as yourself.

Thank you for kind words Dominick! M2 has alot of great talent, past and present, however the key to historical mods is not to go overboard with the historical accuracy. Set up the game historically, script some neat features, events and characters, as well as family trees etc.. Just try to avoid going overboard with history with this.

As read here and elsewhere, the game has its issues with AI, map size, hard coded limits, even the psf's many disagree with me putting them there. I however enjoyed my experience with Bellum Crucis which had forts dotting the map, as well as Gigantus' 1648. It is long to place the forts but 10 minutes to create an alternate campaign folder and remove their existence from the files, so we will see what becomes of this project with the options.

Thanks for stopping in!

Your map is just beautyfull !!! Big respect to you. If I can help you just ask.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Perhaps the addition of a mod launcher that would allow the player to change various options within the mod i.e. add or remove psfs, change faction name, flag and colour (as per various in game historical conditions) etc, etc ,etc might be in order?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast