Thread: Would not giving 'Potential heir' ancillary to others crash the game?

Default Would not giving 'Potential heir' ancillary to others crash the game?

Hello! I'm a long time lurker of this wonderful game.

I have recently downloaded and installed 2.35, and I started playing my favorite faction, Massylia.

But around about turn 90, one of my generals portrait got all glitched out, and later whenever I tried to click the 'army' tab with the said general, game just crashed.

I tried playing a fresh new campaign and this time also around turn 90, whenever I tried to go for 'army' tab in a city or try to see generals in army list scroll, game crashed again.

Now the reason I set the title like that is because I was stupid and wasn't aware of 'potential heir' ancillary at first, as I skipped the system scroll at the start of the game without reading it.

I was suspecting that because I didn't give this ancillary to any other generals and when the king died around turn 90, might have crashed the game.

If it's not the case, I think one of the Massylia generals might be bugged, as they get old or when they die from old ages...

I'm afraid to try it again since I'm now scared of crashing my well on-going game again....

Sorry about bad English and thank you in advance!

Default Re: Would not giving 'Potential heir' ancillary to others crash the game?

Those are bugged portraits - see here for the fix.

Default Re: Would not giving 'Potential heir' ancillary to others crash the game?

No, the successor system is completely solid and bug free. Since you mentioned the Numidians in the context of a CTD, I would guess the problem is with the bugged Numidian portraits. See section V.5 in the FAQ thread for a save-game compatible fix.
    EBII Council

Thank you very much for the both of you!
    I'm very happy to know that there is a fix and can play Massylia again.

I can't download the numidian hotfix, my Antivirus thinks it is malware and my adblocker acts the same. The other link is something bitcoin related and shady. Could you upload the fix somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    I can't download the numidian hotfix, my Antivirus thinks it is malware and my adblocker acts the same. The other link is something bitcoin related and shady. Could you upload the fix somewhere else?
    It's attached to that post.

Here's the do-it-yourself fix (no downloads required):

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Here's a quick-fix solution which is savegame compatible:

1) Delete files 012.tga, 016.tga, and 022.tga from the mods\ebii\data\ui\cul_7\portraits\portraits\old\rel_b_generals folder.

2) Copy files 012.tga, 016.tga, and 022.tga from the mods\ebii\data\ui\cul_7\portraits\portraits\young\rel_b_generals folder into the "old" folder.

Your game should load correctly, without any issues.
    EBII Council