Thread: Hyrule: Total War: Version 4.6 is lacking Overlaytextures - fixed!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Hyrule: Total War: Version 4.6 is lacking Overlaytextures - fixed!

Hello, while playing some battles in Hyrule: Total War: Version 4.6 - i saw how the high quality models became blurry after awhile when fighting. This was the issue i've had in Game of Thrones: Enhanced previously - and it is easily solved by placing a folder named "Overlaytextures" into your mods/your_mod/data-folder.

HTW 4.6 didn't have one, and that is why the dirt-effect made the models blurry after awhile when they were fighting on the battlefield. Sometimes it could even happen due to the wind in the game. Like a sandstorm i think. Anyway - i did place my own such folder from my other mods into the data-folder and the difference is quite telling.

I did upload the folder over on mod db - as a Med 2 addon. If you are playing HTW 4.6 then i think you should include it for higher quality in battles - not only does it remove the blurry effect but it also does add gore and blood effects that actually look great on the models. When the blurry effect is gone the models look great all the time.

I think some of Neph's new models are gorgeous - such as the Tomb Guards in use by the Gerudo. Playing the older version i think the models have less quality in it, but i kind of miss that style - the Tomb Guards were perfect though. But others such as the generals look fat in comparison tot he older. Their faces etc are a lot better but they are kinda round sometimes. I guess that is my main issue with the Gerudo ones in 4.6. Even though the Tomb Guards were not fat unlike quite a few of the others.

The best thing would have been the same body proportions as the older models - but with the new faces, hairstyles and gear. I think it's the proportions that are off.

I kinda want some of the models in my submod, but on the other hand they are too high resolution to fit with the others. So it's hard to decide. Certain units were the same but higher resolution - such as the Lanayru Conscripts. Others sch as Labrynna and Hyrule are completely different.

I guess when they aren't too different in style it is just a matter of if i should use a mix or not between high resolution models and low res. My idea for Hyrule would have been the new faces and bodies with old gear. Or Nabooru using the old hairstyle but the new model.

Anyway - i have an issue where the Lanayru civilians look as they should in 4.6 - but in 3.6 after i've ported the models, textures and sprites - they end up odd looking with the texture glitched. I haven't figured out why yet as the files are the same.

3.6 has the old scripts and as such i am experiementing with civilians.

Link to the package:

https://www.moddb.com/games/medieval...ry-dirt-effect
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-16 20-25-47-787.jpg  
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War: Version 4.6 is lacking Overlaytextures - fixed!

I've done a lot of work on this mod lately.

Most work has been on the campaign, adding and fixing almost all the custom settlements available for the mod - implementing the new ones from version 4.6, using older ones from the Hyrule Historia Missions where i could - and fixing some that didn't spawn.

- I've replaced some settlements on the strat-map and in battle for the Gohma faction.

- Civilian script has been made working and the Lanayru settlements are ready. I am not sure whether i will have civilians spawn when attacking a settlement or not. Maybe not, due to the stupid AI using them to attack the player - they will however spawn for the players faction whenever the starting settlements or settlements where the factions population would migrate are under attack.

I don't think Hylians or Zora would want to live in Death Rock Mountain.. They would most likely conquer it, spare the population - and then use the Gorons as underlings in their respective empires. Gorons wouldn't like to live in the Zora Domain neither..

As such there won't spawn civilians in areas were the players faction wouldn't migrate. You can expect Lanayru Civilians in all the Lanayru, Zora Dominion and Zola settlements if the Lanayru is holding them when the settlements are attacked and the player is playing as the Lanayru. You'd get to defend your civilians, and the animation makes them walk around freely in all directions in huge distances. Only when moved they are tightly formed. I'd say they should only be moved to an isolated area of the city and then they will walk around freely by themselves.

If the AI is controlling them they would be sacrificed in an attack..

- I did also work on a Gerudo unit that i converted from a strat-model after advice from Bantu. Then i did add older Gerudadorf weapons to it and did UV-map all the weapons - ten different blades i believe. Unfortunately the left leg were glitched and until that is fixed with Bantu's hep it can't be properly used. Also, it may not fit in 3.6 as it is a HQ model.

- I did implement the Labrynna Civilians tot he mod/custom battles and they had to use spades as weapon due to lacking model parts. One model part needs to be a primaryactive0 weapon - and if i used the body then both female and male versions would be one and the same.

- Finally for now i've finished the Labrynna roster adding Blue Dragoons, Assault Riflemen Dragoon, Pistolmen and Grenadiers. Only the Hero Linbeck needs to be added to the campaign. Also, i do need to edit their custom settlement to remove the Tower from most of their battle-map custom settlements.

After this i will need to finish off the Ikanian custom settlements, add unique forts instead of vanilla, add new resources on the campaign map replacing the vanilla resources still there (i hope i won't reach the limit), implement the Oocca faction and the rest of the units and implement it all to the campaign.

The civilians will need to be properly implemented, heroes remade etc in the game.

- When thinking about it i did actually change all the starting heroes so that they do not use their custom battle hero entry in the campaign. Heroes were officers - and the general were a generic HTW general. I've changed this for all the ordinary Heroes - only exceptions are the giants or odd heroes. So no changes for the Gohma, Moblin Giants etc.

The change has made it so that the general is the Hero (it has more health and can take more damage than an officew which is just the same as any unit). It annoyed me when the hero models would die so easily - and the message that Zelda etc had died happened after the generic general died. All in all there are over 50 such heroes that will be replaced. I've replaced about 20. Then i will remove them from custom battles to open up for more units from 4.6 to add to the minor factions, mercs etc.

Oh, and i did also fix some Hyrule Historia Missions:

1. Majora Prime Final Mission were added from the "unfinished"-folder (it is finished actually) and i did fix an issue where it spawned a vanilla settlement instead of Majora Prime.

2. I did fix two missions where Dondongo's cavern didn't show and instead a vanilla one spawned.

I did also upload a new video tonight:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-15 18-24-13-458.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-15 18-24-30-525.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-15 19-35-49-012.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-15 20-23-34-243.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-16 11-42-52-476.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-12-16 12-59-40-772.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-16 15-08-08-633.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-18 20-29-40-814.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-19 02-03-07-323.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-19 02-23-07-482.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 18, 2018 at 10:53 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War: Version 4.6 is lacking Overlaytextures - fixed!

Ops.. I did post in the wrong thread..

Pls remove the post above after it has been copied.

- The Havamal