Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

@Dooz: Thank you, I enjoyed making this episode in particular. Both sides payed a heavy price, and losing Walariks is a heavy blow, but the Lugion Elukouna nobles showed true valor throughout the battle. Time to prepare a counter offensive.

New episode available.

Note: This episode features a minor battle. I have adopted an abridged format for minor battles, that shall be used henceforth. There will be no change to the major battle format.

Campidoctor

Just keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I so love the political and other motivations being discussed and considered for every move made, the kind of roleplaying you can really sink your teeth into. Makes the world feel alive, incorporates EB's fantastic traits to full effect beyond stat alterations, and just gives everything that happens in the campaign that much more weight and meaning.

What a savvy move to use the crisis at Scurgum as a justification for taking total control and fully exerting Lugian dominance over rival tribes. Defense will be harder in the short term, but hopefully the long term benefits will outweigh such concerns.

That final tidbit setting up the next episode was incredible... What a maneuver! How incredibly lucky (or perhaps skillfully avoided) that the ambush attempt was thwarted and a huge battle on more or less equal footing awaits us.

Down with the Sweboz! Long live the Lugii!

@Dooz: Thank you, again. I enjoy role-playing and trying to create a living sense of these characters. I also enjoy politics and intrigue, so attempt to weave this into the narrative, where appropriate. Hopefully, going to set up for the battle this evening. Looks as if it could be a key moment in the Lugian-Sweboz war. I hope your Macedonian campaign fairs well :-)

New episode available.

Campidoctor

Now that the Lugians have shown that they are as competent in pitched open battles as camp assaults, the world is their oyster... or uh, idunno, what do Lugians eat... Anyway, good battle, lovely cinematography as always.

I'm curious, early on when your Celts broke discipline and charged, was that roleplay and you in fact gave them the order to attack, or did they actually charge on their own? Always wonder whether that impetuous trait actually means or does anything... If it's still around, not sure.

@Dooz: In this particular case, I had a plan of how I wished to portray the battle and, therefore, decisions made gravitated towards role-playing, including the Celts. It does raise the question of the 'Impetuous' trait. Personally, I'd like that to be made a little more prominent; increase the chances of it occurring.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

What a fantastic storyline with the poor young flaccid noble, neatly begun and ended in one episode. Lugian justice comes in many forms.

But what ho, a possible new threat emerges from the south via Boii? And another out east from the ever present incursions of the Sarumatae, and now a strange new peoples? I fear peace is but a fleeting dream...

Bah, peace is for the weak. A proper offensive into Sweboz territory finally awaits these proud warriors. That huge Sweboz army clashing with their formidable Lugian counterpart will be a pleasure to witness, should the fates decree such a meeting. I look forward to whatever destruction your forces can muster in the coming years.

Pour one out for Magnoriks. Good man, served his people well.

@Dooz. Yes, indeed, RIP Magnoriks, I was quite fond of him. Aisotamias is taking a chance by entering Sweboz territory, but it is time to put some pressure on the enemy. Hopefully, it may deter further attacks on Scurgum.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

Just as I was starting to think how Scurgum is like the Waldawa of the Lugiones, Sauromatae brings that chapter to an end.

Enjoying the strategic narration and analysis, it's gonna be fun when these maneuvering forces finally meet. But probably not before the upcoming assault and hopefully first significant blow dealt to the Sweboz swine.

@Dooz: Yes, however, I am concerned about this upcoming siege. The men are starving and their morale is poor. I hope we do not have a disaster on our hands. Going to play the siege later on this evening.

I have been watching these videos since the beginning and I'm hooked. You have shown me a whole new way to play EB2. Thanks

My personal comments:
    I am very interested in what the Sarmatians will do. They arent your only threat in the east. The Bosporan Kingdom is coming and I bet they will beat the Sarmatians and become a bigger threat than the germanic tribesmen.

Ps. I would put this in a hidden spoiler alert box, but I dont know how.

@Baktra: Yes, the eastern regions are peaceful, at the moment, but I fear problems are looming. Do not want to be fighting either of those two factions.

Thank you also for the support, it is much appreciated.

New episode available

Campidoctor

This is intense.

Diplomatic stand off had me floored.

The assault itself, a common total war occurrence, was made compelling through the storytelling. The buildup, stakes, consequences, it's all heavy.

Hathawulfaz reinforcing rethinking retreating. May he rest in shame.

But there will be no rest for Aisotamias. Many troubles come this way. This is intense.

@Dooz: Yes, the next episode is significant and the diplomatic stand-off bears a twist.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

I have no words. I can only wait and see what happens.