Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

I am unable to update my original post, so here is the next episode.

I shall try to update the original post, in due course.

Episode 10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D4tDR3gtdA

Campidoctor

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Wow. I think I may have gotten emotional there for a minute. The slow-mo deaths, heroic redemption, aftermath descriptions and reactions, what a year. Things are not looking good for our Lugian friends, it's going to take some exceptional leadership and a lot of luck to turn this thing around, hell just to survive. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Indeed Dooz, poor King Medugulas; these are sad times.

New episode available :-)

Campidoctor

Looks like you've linked the latest video to a particular timestamp, starts 10 minutes in.

What a fitting follow-up, especially Anedusos showing off his bardic talents to honor the heros of the previous episode, hopefully offering some measure of comfort to the wives and others of the fallen.

Aisotamias overcoming his rookie nerves to enter that hectic fray at the gates would have made the dead proud. In no small measure due to that excellent mercenary captain by his side I'm sure, what an invaluable asset he's turned out to be.

Interesting decision to leave that cursed place to its fate, can't say I blame him. Remains to be seen whether (the slowly-going-mad?) King Medugalas approves, or more likely his increasingly surrogate ruler Magnoriks. All the while, those treacherous Sweboz launching raids from land and sea! I fear the Lugian troubles are only just beginning.

Thank you for the heads up about the timestamp, Dooz.

Yes, I wonder what will happen, now Waldawa has been abandoned, surely the Wendetoi cannot come back.

Those Sweboz are up to something. Some diplomatic pressure may need to be applied.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

Interesting transitional period here with many moving pieces, tying the stories of the old and the new. But one thing remains a constant.. Waldawa is where all life goes to die. Cursed place. Pah-too.

The Sweboz response to tough Lugian diplomacy was curious.. Makes me wonder whether they were just protecting their trade routes along the border until now rather than intending menace. Did they leave because that is no longer required, or to muster and return in force? Hmm..

@Dooz: An acute observation, perhaps, Magnoriks has made a fatal miscalculation and inadvertently paved the way to making a powerful enemy.

However, Magnoriks would counter. He would state that the same Sweboz heir, who threatened the border, had already some years previous, entered Lugian territory to the North and was only dissuaded by further encroachment by the army of Alboriks and Smerteriks.

Either way, it has Magnoriks reflecting.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

What a cliffhanger! I'm eagerly anticipating the Battle for Asanka, it looks to be a hell of a showdown.

So glad to see the Sweboz extend a hand of friendship, or at least trade, once more. Even humbling themselves by paying the requested tribute to make up for past indiscretions. Let's hope they behave and allow for Lugian expansion and power consolidation elsewhere, before any hostilities between what will surely be two great powers by then.

Though sad to hear of the passing of the great king Medugalas, the tribes of the Lugii seem to be in good hands. Or at least... some good hands surrounding a yet-to-be-proven pair. It'll take time for the unrest to settle and true authority to be wrested, and this big battle coming up will surely have a lot to say about all that.

@Dooz: Indeed, I fear for King Tegugalas, if his son cannot win for him a great victory at Asanka.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

A true Victor emerges! Great documentation of the battle, I really love how you denote each flank and its contingents' origins and motivations. One of my favorite parts of the game is keeping track of that kinda stuff myself, which has been getting harder and harder with a vast empire and many armies, but even more fun to keep notes and say "ah yes, the Epeirote flank saved the day" or whatever.

Anyway, this was a promising step for Aisotamias and while it remains to be seen whether any particular bloodlust has been awakened in him urging further conquest, what we have seen so far suggests he is far from done leading men against men. A great victory for the Lugiones to increase their power share, look forward to see how it plays back home with the proud papa and constituents, and what adventures await these rising tribes.

@Dooz: Thank you, I enjoy the details; for me, they bring more life to the story.

Yes, you never know what is going to happen, but Aisotamias certainly desires more conquest. Hopefully, King Tegugalas' position is now more secure.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

And so, it has come to this. War with the treacherous Sweboz! Meanwhile, those ungrateful Gutones look to undermine noble Lugian efforts to defend their lands? I hope they get what's coming to them, and then some.

The infighting between the Swebic leaders may have offered Aisotamias et al precious time to muster defenses, but I fear not quite enough to avoid yet more losses to Lugian nobility and having to retake lands already conquered. Unless those enemy commanders decide to take another sojourn for a riverside wrestle to determine who is strongest..

Maybe a clever agent can infiltrate and sow discord amongst them, spreading rumors about the others claiming superiority and calling the rest weak.. But that's probably just wishful thinking, too little too late. This will only be settled by the sword.

@Dooz: Yes, recruiting an assassin may be on the cards soon. The Sweboz have shown their true colours. It is going to be a tough war, neither side looks stronger. Hoping the Boioi can be persuaded to join our cause.

Just had an important battle. It went to the down to the wire. Looking forward to editing and releasing soon.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

A masterpiece. Shot beautifully. Narrated expertly.

By the gods, what a battle. Sitting back on my couch watching it on the big screen, thoroughly entertained and enthralled throughout. I can't believe how victory was snatched from the jaws of defeat... I'm just in awe.

Every great tribe, great peoples, needs epic stories of heroic battle and victories like this at their back to propel them forward through history. A truly song-worthy day in this one. The fallen shall not be forgotten. The Sweboz shall not be forgiven.