Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Seems as though we have Epeiros, Carthage, or, Lusitanians....much to consider.

Ptolemaics also, specially early gaame seem to get some nice changes to make them an interesting scenario.

Myself though Im really intrested in the factions you mentioned for a fisrt playthrough jeje.

We will either find a way, or make one.

I don't think that the new Lusitanian governments will be ready for the next patch. Surely, they will have to wait for the following one.

However, Celtiberians have both a unique government system and a unique and deep trait system (probably the best interconnected in the game) that makes this faction very "roleplayable". It is definitely a good choice for an AAR, especially if one of the objectives is to develop a "mercenary war" and establish a uchronia where you develop one or more "mercenary kingdoms" in Central Mediterranean after a revolt against Carthage. Also, some new events and mechanics regarding the relation between Iberians, Celtiberians and Punics from Iberia (Gader, etc.) will be added in the new patch. We also have all those revamped Celtiberian units as a new feature and some new traits too.

I guess that the new Carthaginian government system will be available for the new patch. This system is very drastic because it removes the current one and adds about 27 new buildings of political nature (14 of those buildings can be considered as "final tiers"). They include long and accurate texts that explain the current historiographical points of view regarding the ancient Punic world and the "Carthaginian imperialism". Our objective is to totally change the way of playing this faction and alter current recruitment. So, definitely it is a good choice for an AAR and to show the new mechanics. The patch will also include some new traits for this faction.

Apart from Epeiros, probably, the Bosphoran Kingdom could also include new reforms, traits and governments, so again, we have another good choice here.

That said, as always, all of this is work in progress and nothing is certain since it depends on our manpower and free time

Anyway, let's not "pressure" charlieh, whatever he decides, I am sure it will be a great AAR. Currently, he has made one of the less played faction a very interesting one.
    Last edited by Trarco; April 13, 2020 at 05:37 AM.

Thank you, Lusitanio, Jervaj and Trarco. That is all useful information. Thinking about it, although Epeiros and Ptolemaioi are factions I enjoy, I may leave those for now. Carthage, I like, but the scale of its territory at the start of the campaign is a factor to consider. I am looking at the Areuakoi with increasing interest. It seems they may provide an opportunity to display some of the new campaign systems being added and also some new units as well (if am mistaken about this, please could someone correct me). I shall mull over it this evening and start research tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    I don't think that the new Lusitanian governments will be ready for the next patch. Surely, they will have to wait for the following one.

However, Celtiberians have both a unique government system and a unique and deep trait system (probably the best interconnected in the game) that makes this faction very "roleplayable". It is definitely a good choice for an AAR, especially if one of the objectives is to develop a "mercenary war" and establish a uchronia where you develop one or more "mercenary kingdoms" in Central Mediterranean after a revolt against Carthage. Also, some new events and mechanics regarding the relation between Iberians, Celtiberians and Punics from Iberia (Gader, etc.) will be added in the new patch. We also have all those revamped Celtiberian units as a new feature and some new traits too.

I guess that the new Carthaginian government system will be available for the new patch. This system is very drastic because it removes the current one and adds about 27 new buildings of political nature (14 of those buildings can be considered as "final tiers"). They include long and accurate texts that explain the current historiographical points of view regarding the ancient Punic world and the "Carthaginian imperialism". Our objective is to totally change the way of playing this faction and alter current recruitment. So, definitely it is a good choice for an AAR and to show the new mechanics. The patch will also include some new traits for this faction.

Apart from Epeiros, probably, the Bosphoran Kingdom could also include new reforms, traits and governments, so again, we have another good choice here.

That said, as always, all of this is work in progress and nothing is certain since it depends on our manpower and free time

Anyway, let's not "pressure" charlieh, whatever he decides, I am sure it will be a great AAR. Currently, he has made one of the less played faction a very interesting one.
    27 political buildings with 14 been "final tiers? WHAT!?

That looks amazing at scary at equal parts. It so much more than any other factions. Is this supposed to be an exception or are other factions going to get mroe complex systems too, even if not with this many options neccesarilly?

Its funny because Carthage goverments were already quite unique on how they worked and how you played them with the close mutual relationship between colony types/sizes and the goverment level they unlock and also goverments unlocking bigger colonies. With then the after reform branch that allows to progress with smaller colonies though also imepdes to proress after a certain size. The hellenistic powers have something similar but its much less prevalent in that aspect as basically presence or not of hellenistic colony and polis/greek culture quickly leads you to your best option, which with Carthage you had to earn though having more potential over time.

Honeslty I cant phantom what the many options would be. But very eager to see how it works. Just hoping its not too much of a pain to decide jeje. Hope there is a feel of progression due to inevstment and decisions as there is now though, even if the way of playing the faction is very different. Glad to know they will have detailed descriptions to learn and see in what they consist.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Campidoctor

I had the pleasure of catching up with episodes 37 through the end over the past couple days. And then I had the same deep feeling of sadness and emptiness that accompanies the series finale of any great TV show I've grown to love. What a truly special experience this was, thank you charlieh for sharing it with us and for all the work it took to do so.

I can't even begin to discuss the details of every twist and turn and tragedy and heartbreak and hope I witnessed and felt over these last few hours of alternate history and rich storytelling. But by the gods, much of it was just so damn powerful.

The poor old diplomat who never got his due, even though that hope was what kept him going, only to be soured as he was just before death. Poor, accursed son of fallen royalty, what a tragic tale and final destiny for him. And the saddest of all may be the king and his prophecies, what an incredible way to wrap this all up. I am genuinely moved by it all.

And the battles! Forget about it. Cinematography kept getting better and better, and the battles themselves were compelling and meaningful and impactful and simply fun to watch. Narration and context and story interwoven adding so much to them. Just great.

Thank you for giving us little cluster of fans of something so specific the kind of content we crave and cherish. I can't believe our luck for having had this in our lives! If there is indeed another series to come, consider me a happy man in the future.

[P.S. I watched some of your "Through Their Eyes" series, and man... You somehow have the exact tastes as I do, but the gumption and skill to do something with it that allows others to enjoy. I absolutely love the concept and execution! Can't wait to watch it all.]

Its good to hear from you Dooz, I remember your comments all the way back from the beginning of the AAR. Time seems to pass quicker as I get older.

I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, I seem to be hyper-critical of my own work. Therefore, your words are a tonic sir!

Trarco has provided me with a good list of reading materials for the Celtiberians. My knowledge slowly builds over the days.

As stated, I would like to develop the historical authenticity of my descriptions and weave those into the narrative.

[P.S - I am doing a second series, developing that as well, based upon feedback from the community].

Have a good one and stay safe.

Campidoctor

Unfortunately, I seem to be hyper-critical of my own work.
    The plight of the artist. It's both what will keep your product top notch and ever improving, and not allow you to fully see and appreciate that it is. I hope you continue to enjoy the exercise of making these and do indeed let the positive feedback mean something to you. The series certainly has meant a lot to me and others I'm sure!

I'm getting excited about your Celtiberian history lessons and cultural deep dive. And the implications it will have on our EB AAR future. I appreciated the mix of historicity and narrative in the Lugian series, and trusting your choices and instincts as I do from having watched it all, I know the new one will be even better.

Me before watching your AAR: This charlieh guy seems to know his stuff, maybe I should go watch their videos. What!? 45 episodes? *rolls eyes* Well, at least they are short... *sigh*

Me, ten minutes into the first video: Go, Guy Fieris army, go!! Stab 'em in the eyes! IN THE EYES I SAY!!

Now seriously @charlieh, I've seen hundreds of AAR, tutorials and game guides in video form, but yours are one of the few that got me hooked since the first minute. You've found a simple yet effective formula to convey both the narrative and flow of the story and the action of the battles, in a way I've never thought could be possible in the TW2 engine. You can be very proud of your work mate

Thank you again Dooz and Makute. I shall endeavor to continue and, in some places, further develop/refine, my work in the next AAR. Getting excited for this next patch.

As Dooz so eloquently put, following your excellent series for months (as a latecomer) gave me the same level of pleasure as watching a favourite TV serial or -as I remember saying before- a well done historical docu-drama. Seeing to the end of it has left a bittersweet taste: For one thing I'm happy that you concluded it according to your plan and it didn't end up abandoned like many a well begun fan fiction work; on the other hand, that it finally has ended makes a fan sad. It's no exaggeration to say that your final episode left feelings of similar order to when I rewatch a Star Trek series final (from TOS to Enterprise, none of the later forgeries).

I'm looking forward to watching your future works, no matter which faction you pick. Thanks for all the fun and enjoyment!
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Campidoctor

Mouz, we should do a recap podcast where we watch all the episodes and talk about them. If for no other reason than an excuse to rewatch all the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post
    As Dooz so eloquently put, following your excellent series for months (as a latecomer) gave me the same level of pleasure as watching a favourite TV serial
    True words!

I'm currently at 35 episode, and the whole
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hariamerias turning coats twist, and King Gunthharias killing himself at the end of King Against King
    had me literally at the border of my seat. Emergent gameplay at its finest.

I just don't want it to finish

Thank you Mouzafphaerre (its good to hear from you again), Dooz and Makute. I did not think that this series would be well received, so I appreciate the support, truly. EB2 seems to be a role-players dream (and in other ways too). It seems to provide so many opportunities to create a story. My thanks to the continued efforts of the team.