Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Thanks, Mouzafphaerre. That is part of why I enjoy making these episodes. It is a mental workout. There are lots of things to try and keep aware of, from emerging scenarios, past events, character traits, future plans and more.

During the last days I finally managed to catch up on your AAR, charlieh.
    And what can I say?
    Outstanding, incredibly immersive, wonderful character play and storybuilding.
    I enjoyed watching these videos immensely.
    Please keep up the wonderful work.

EDITH adds: If I had to choose the one feature of your AAR that I like the most I'd definitely pick your ability to create a video AAR that is - due to quite a lot of text - a novel, too, at the same time. And it feels as if it just HAD to be that way.
    (Your writing style is a close second, by the way.)
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; February 04, 2020 at 03:52 PM.

Thank you Shadowwalker, that means a lot to me, as do other messages of support from members of the EB2 community. I do put my whole self into the creation of these videos, but also try to keep a consistent style. I have always enjoyed the writing aspect of the AAR. It provides opportunity to add all those nuances and detail. I also enjoy a gritty battle, so combining writing and visual aspects seemed a intuitive choice.

New episode available.

Another great and important battle impending. Fingers crossed for team Lugia
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Its a tight battle. I shall leave you in suspense, Mouzafphaerre.

New episode available.

Icon14 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here comes finally the much coveted and needed victory for Lugia. It will be interesting to observe the power dynamics between the two victors in the near future.

Beautiful battle shots and narrative as always. Thanks for keeping it up charlieh

No worries Mouzafphaerre. As you probably guessed, I enjoy making them.

New episode available.

One step forward, one step back, then half a step forward... The toilsome history of the Lugian people summarized

Thanks for the new episode in this steadily improving series.

Well put Mouzafphaerre. It is a bitter struggle. The Sweboz seem to be in the ascendancy at the moment.

New episode available.

Please note that the original objective of this series was to finish when the next patch (2.4) was released. As this new patch is approaching testing, I shall be winding down this project. Consequently, two more episodes (44+45), shall be produced. This will take us to turn 250.

It is being the best AAR of EBII, great job!

Thank you Trarco, I've learnt a lot during this project.

New episode available.

Final episode available.

Having undertaken the last five turns, the scale of events that occurred encouraged a rethink, regarding the structure of this final episode. Therefore, this final episode shall be an epilogue and reflect more of a traditional AAR, with minimal visual and audio cues. The events of turns 245-250 shall be integrated into a greater narrative framework, which also provides speculation on events beyond the time-frame. Naturally, there is greater creative licence, however, I have attempted to keep this as tasteful as possible.

So, here ends our EB2 Video AAR for the Lugiones. I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to watch these episodes and leave a comment. It was much appreciated.

Although, overall, I feel the project was solid, I would like to change and tweak certain elements for the next one. More specifically, I would like to incorporate a greater amount of historical information, via descriptions and other sources, in order to improve overall historical authenticity. As of yet, I have not decided on the faction I shall be using, but there is a certain candidate.

Happy Easter and stay safe.

Do Carthage for the next one, after the patch. I would watch every single one of them x)

@Lusitanio: It was not my original candidate, but Carthage is a faction I find interesting. I shall reconsider.

Well, by the amount of changes for the next patch, I would also recommend playing either the Lusitanians or the Celtiberians.