Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Thank you, I appreciate that Illiasoudaine. Where would we be without EB2, eh? I've never played as the Sarmartae and, although I love the Romani, it seems to be the most common choice. I will generally choose the faction that has received the most changes (for each patch, or, version). I try to showcase some of these changes and give a small taste of the depth which EB2 has to offer. Next episode is coming together.

Past couple evenings instead of playing myself I did a rerun of your whole series, then Historical Gameplay's (Sarkiss) Makedonian Restoration and Great Heathen Army (for M&B) ones Especially after tiresome work sessions I can't find it in me to play, though I want to, so thanks to your AARs/Playthroughs I can feel like playing without having to play
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; September 11, 2019 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Remembered Sarkiss :)
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

@Mouzafphaerre: A well deserved pat on the back for watching all of that. I have also enjoyed watching videos by Sarkiss, he has a wealth of knowledge. I have added five more turns to the next video, as an important event takes place. Thus, there will be a delay for release. Hope work is less tiresome today.

Thanks! Deadline tomorrow but I'm getting there, sprinkling Sarkiss' After Alexandros battles in between to catch some breath

New episode available.

Icon14 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Right at a time when seeds of central government, planned agriculturalism and urbanism start to give fruit amidst tribal bickering, cultural tensions and a seemingly endless train of troublesome characters marrying into the ruling families, the great king Tegugulas departs. Günther has many challenges before him now and a series of major victories would certainly help, if they can be made to happen

Thanks for another great episode with even richer narrative interpretations of seemingly routine game events than we have already been spoiled with!

@Mouzafphaerre: Thank you again for the support. King Gunthharias (Gunther, as you put it), has already lost authority and desperately needs a war. It is going to be difficult. I hope the Sweboz will not attempt an attack, before the campaign against the Heruskoz. I shall be filming tonight. Wish me luck.

Campidoctor

An auspicious start to the new king's rule, amidst the growing seeds of centralization sown by his father. Great episode and insight. But those damned Boii... I'd be one of those rabble-rousers at the meetings who stirs the pot with the Celts.. until they start showing why they deserve respect! Those under Lugian rule and arms notwithstanding, of course.

@Dooz: I'm afraid there is a most displeasing development, regarding the Boioi. There are also other displeasing developments in the next episode. A lot to cover, but am not too far from release.

New episode available.

Additional: Having reached the 30th episode, I personally feel as if the development of this particular kind of AAR technique is near completion. However, I would be interested in hearing feedback from the community, regarding aspects they feel could be changed, or, improved upon. I appreciate the support given by those who are enjoying the series. More episodes to come.

I don't see any particular problems with the technique; it feels like a visualization of many extant or referred ancient and medieval chronicles. Unless it starts to feel boring or monotonous to its author who might wish for a change in style I can see it going on quite a bit further

Now off to watching this recent episode of my favourite show

Hariamerias! You.... you ungrateful bastard!

Fingers crossed for Gaizariks. The new king was bound to take matters into his own hand sooner or later. Circumstances are now forcing it from all around to happen sooner.
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; October 06, 2019 at 08:20 PM.

Thank you Mouzafphaerre. That Hariamerias has injured the whole Lugian kingdom with his traitorous act. I feel for King Gunthharias, but he shall have lead an army himself to destroy the turncoat.

Before all of that though: I shall be filming the Gaizariks vs Theudanaz Harkilaz battle tonight. I fear much rests on the outcome of this battle.

Wish the Lugians luck.

I wish you and Gaizariks (for whom I've been rooting ) best of luck!

Thanks for this amazing AAR, charlieh, I began to watch it yesterday and I am enjoying it a lot

@Trarco: Thank you, I enjoy doing them. Looking forward to those Iberian development in future releases. Appreciate your efforts.

New episode available.

Icon14 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Gaizariks... We had expectations from you, but they weren't meant to be.

Surprising yet wise move from king Athawulfaz. He had the means to pursue the war, but with great risk. I have a hunch we're bound to be surprised even further.

Can hardly wait to see how the campaign of king Gunthharias fares and what kind of a deserved unhappy ending is waiting the Hariamerias wretch, and in whose hands.

Thanks for another excellent episode. It was delightful to watch at the end of a mildly stressful day

Sorry to hear about the work stress again, Mouzafphaerre.

Thank you again for the support.

More twists ahead, Haraimerias is up to many a trick. What a cunning foe.