Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

@Dooz: Indeed, it was painful to witness such a calamity. However, it is a rule of mine never to reload. I must accept and work with whatever happens first time around.

What a very interesting situation your kingdom is now in. The swezboz just gained 2 provinces and your main army has been destroyed. What will happen next is anybody's guess.

A very exciting campaign indeed.

Last night I spent my allotted playtime watching your videos instead It feels like seeing a well made docudrama. Thanks and keep them coming
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

@Baktra: Thank you. There has been much consideration upon how to proceed. I wonder if a king would look to immediately avenge the death of his son, or, set this aside, in order to preserve his native tribe. Time to examine King Tegugalas' character traits.

@Mouzafphaerre: I appreciate the support. I'll be working on another shortly.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The last battle was quite enjoying to see. The feeling of the impending doom was all over the place. I would question why did the Lugians decided to fight for the gate while they could do a more defensive battle and stay in the top. However, those are decisions made in the heat of battle and even if they had done it, they would probably just delay what was already certain

@Lusitanio: Thank you. The thinking was that holding the gate would be sufficient, considering the large amount of men stationed there. The Sweboz push was was more fierce than expected though. Overall, underestimating the enemy was the cause of the calamity.

Campidoctor

That said, it did seem like a near run thing and the Sweboz noble joining the fray when he did was what turned it around for them. I bet he's living like a god over there now, all the hero songs and sacrifices in his name, a true war hero. I will savor his blood on the tip of a Lugian spear!

@Dooz: King Tegugalas would be proud of those words. Vengeance fills his heart, but a period of stability may be necessary. After that, the Lugians shall fight again.

New episode available.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to charlieh again."

I wish TWC rep points could be tied to EB colony points...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to charlieh again."

I wish TWC rep points could be tied to EB colony points...

Campidoctor

I'm so glad to see the king and kingdom chugging along after that calamity. It truly felt like end times in the moment, wasn't even sure there would be anything more to come. But within two years of disaster, armies are being mustered for a counteroffensive, traitors and otherwise have been slain in covert warfare during a lull in overt contact, allies have entered the war which will ease the pressure, and things are somehow, surprisingly, looking up. Lugionnneeesssss!!

@Mouzafphaerre: Haha, thank you. I do take a certain pride in my creative projects, so I appreciate that some are enjoying. More to come.

@Dooz: Yes, and plenty happening in the next episode. The Lugiones are not done yet!

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    @Mouzafphaerre: Haha, thank you. I do take a certain pride in my creative projects, so I appreciate that some are enjoying. More to come.
    Well deserved! I love how you bring narrative into fundamentally gamey mechanics

New episode available.

Campidoctor

Somehow, after having played countless total war campaigns myself and seen and done everything there is to see and do, this series is riveting every step of the way. And the "somehow" is no mystery, it's because of the excellent narrative and insights into everything going on, as mentioned above.

The Boioi entering the war has truly been a gods-sent. The full force of the Sweboz being brought down concertedly onto the Lugians would have spelled extinction sooner or later. But as it is, things are still up in the air. The maneuvering and clashes between Lugian foes and allies has been exciting to watch, and the best is yet to come it seems.

Can't wait to see the long awaited rematch for Luppae coming up, while I wonder whether hidden wolves from the forest will strike up and out as reinforcements. Those wily Sweboz truly are masters of their land, quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Somehow, after having played countless total war campaigns myself and seen and done everything there is to see and do, this series is riveting every step of the way. And the "somehow" is no mystery, it's because of the excellent narrative and insights into everything going on, as mentioned above.

The Boioi entering the war has truly been a gods-sent. The full force of the Sweboz being brought down concertedly onto the Lugians would have spelled extinction sooner or later. But as it is, things are still up in the air. The maneuvering and clashes between Lugian foes and allies has been exciting to watch, and the best is yet to come it seems.

Can't wait to see the long awaited rematch for Luppae coming up, while I wonder whether hidden wolves from the forest will strike up and out as reinforcements. Those wily Sweboz truly are masters of their land, quite impressive.
    My thoughts exactly!

Thank you for the encouragement, Dooz and Mouzafphaerre.

I am starting to think Dooz has the power to predict the future. The second siege of Luppae is hard-fought and not without problems.

Campidoctor

I don't, I just follow the power of foreshadowing

New episode available.