Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

About time!
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Campidoctor

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A fantastic example of how keeping track of and applying significance to the backgrounds of various units can add so much to roleplay and story. Loved how the Celtic impetuosity cost them early on, then able to regroup under the main leadership and make up for at least some of their lost honor. As well as particular leader's traits leading to impetuosity of his own, which in that case resulted in total victory. Great battle account, and the campaign on a strategic level continues to compel. Can't wait to see what comes next!

Thank you for the continued support chaps.

Next episode is up.

Campidoctor

RIP Ansugisalaz, Lord of Mud.

Fantastic defensive strategy, proved effective in that chaotic slaughter. And the hilly terrain made for some great angles throughout the battle. The saga of the Markorios meanwhile was a fun subplot.

Luppae is shaping up to be the definitive battlegrounds for this great war between two emerging powers, but I fear it is far from over with what appear to be many more Sweboz forces ever lurking.

The Boioi distractions to the southwest do not come with the best timing here, we shall see whether they prove worthy allies yet.

I love how you make the best of the oddities of AI behaviour and 3D peculiarities in your narrative

Looking forward to the next episode...

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

First time watching one of these and I find it fascinating! It is like a detailed history documentary. Subscribed.

@Dooz: I fear the Dooz foreshadowing. Those Sweboz are far from finished. The Lugians desperately need to consolidate their hold on Luppae and the region, otherwise, it will all have been for nothing.

@Mouzafphaerre: Yes, I actually enjoy it when some of these oddities occur, it can provide opportunity for nuance in the narrative. Thanks for your support.

@Valerius Karamanus: I appreciate that. I try my best to add detail and depth to the episodes.

New episode available.

Icon14 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

A nice interbellum episode with deep as usual insight into characters and their motivations, cultural change and interaction, bandit raids; especially liked the narrative of the raids into the amber producing areas.
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; August 20, 2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Pedantry :p

Campidoctor

^ As above ^ so below. Hear hear!

Boioi are pissing me off though. They've been weak and mostly worthless, save for providing a minor distraction for Sweboz earlier on. But that's a grievance for another generation.

@Mouzafphaerre: Thank you again. Yes, it was nice to have an episode where the waters settled. There has been plenty of bloodshed recently.

@Dooz: Yes, I think the Boioi has such a poor start to the war, that they were instantly put on the defensive. Still, they have strong armies and with the Sweboz slightly weakened, maybe they will yet prove themselves.

RIP Koinon Hellenon, for the moment. Looks like the Makedonians have reasserted their control.

Campidoctor

Boo I say. Those armies had a chance to prove themselves in battle some years back when an equal or smaller invading Sweboz force attacked and routed them in their own lands. Of course, if I happen to be misremembering their relative strengths, I may retract some of my vitriol. But then they go and fail in their southwestern expedition, and generally haven't done much of anything other than, exist. I hope that will be enough of a distraction for the Sweboz to make Lugian life easier.

Icon10 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charlieh revolt.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	690.7 KB 
ID:	359391

Just a demonstration of fandom, not in the least a serious demand. Do take your time indeed!

@Mouzafphaerre: Haha, I must admit that made my day, thank you. Work has recommenced following my holiday. I will be a little more busy with RL in the coming months, but I always find time to do some work on the AAR. Some political intrigue and a battle in the next episode. I am enjoying writing this one.

New episode available.

Yesh!

Icon14 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

I have a feeling we'll hear more of this Hariamerias type, though in what manner is to be seen.

Good for Gaizarix! He's carrying the burden of a great name even if neither himself nor anybody else can be aware of that

As always great insight into characters. Thanks for making and sharing!

Campidoctor

This family rivalry has the potential to turn into something big. Whether good or bad for Lugia, depends on the circumstances. Interested to see where it goes, if indeed continues to fester and grow. Throw in some Sweboz advances and the need for leaders of men to converge, and oh boy.

@Mouzafphaerre: Thank you, I do enjoy making these, I am sure there are more twists to come in the campaign. I like Gaizariks, he represents the underdog to me. I hope he can continue to rebuild his reputation.

@Dooz: Yes, King Tegugalas is nearing his end. I would imagine that his heir would want to secure his position with a successful new offensive. The Sweboz are strong though.

Signing in to say I really love this series and your other content in general. Really showcases the best this mod has to offer in terms of gameplay immersion and historical narrative detail. Before I found this game I would have never known as much as I've learned just from reading flavor text. You also inspire me to step away from my normal factions (Sarmatae and Romani) and go for something gallic. Boioi look interesting (don't behead me please!) but then again all EB factions do.