Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Campidoctor

Default Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

My favorite TV show. More action and drama and twists and turns than any reality show or otherwise can deliver.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    But I gotta know, was that peace offer scripted and finagled by the show's producers, or did you come by it honest? It came as such an immense relief and couldn't have been more perfectly timed, I really want to let myself enjoy it for all it's worth. But almost felt too good to be true.

In any case, ol' King Gunther sure has had a rocky start. Hopefully these fresh laid plans will pan out in his and the kingdom's favor. It also helps to have such a loyal and powerful ally as Swentilias not stab you in the back when it would have been most opportune/innopportune. I'm looking forward to much more chaos and carnage out of this corner of Europe, good sir Charlie H.

Good to hear from you Dooz and thank you for the support.

You can rest easy. Of course, the descriptions of events are rationalized by myself, but, the foundation events for such rationalizations (including the Sweboz offer of peace you allude to), are taken from whatever the campaign or battles bring.

Now, for transparency, there have been one or two occasions, where I have manufactured an event. One being a Celtic charge, via indiscipline, in the pitched battle against Balthakwesiz (I believe you asked about this at the time) and there may be one in the next episode, although I am still brainstorming if there may be alternatives. Overall, I always endeavor to keep proceedings completely random and I do my best to avoid producing something myself.

Campidoctor

Wow, that's awesome. Definitely feels earned after all those years and battles and losses on both sides. Gotta wonder how long it can last, though!

New episode available.

What a pitiful tragedy. Poor, unfortunate Gunthharias Who knows what will befall the Lugian confederacy now...

Once again, great attention to detail and care for continuity (Re: Conquered nobles not being allowed to carry arms unless conscripted).
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Thank you, Mouzafphaerre. We shall see what happens.

For now, I have cleaned up the links, as TWC had a moment.

Have a good weekend.

Icon5 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Out of curiosity...

How did the suicide of Gunthharias come to pass, in game terms? Was it a narrative device or did he really somehow -prematurely- pass away?

A stimulating question, Mouzafphaerre. The answer links into a reply I made to Dooz quite recently. Although, in the majority, I use only what occurs by chance for narrative, on occasion, there are times where the narrative could suffer without certain types of action *intriguing music plays*. In the case of King Gunthharias, after much deliberation, a certain type of action was committed to, in order to protect the narrative. I am cautious about providing more information, as I do not wish to compromise the role-playing element.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Great AAR! I've just started watching and enjoyed the Siege of Kalisia. (I wonder if you'd also like to post this in the Medieval II AARs area of the Writers' Study as well. It's up to you, of course, there's nothing wrong with posting it here.)

Thank you, Alwyn. I may see about doing that tomorrow. Good to hear you are enjoying the series.

Fair enough charlieh, master of intrigue

New episode available.

Intrigue upon intrigue... We've yet to see if this is the dawn of a new era or the beginning of a tragic end. I hope for the prior.

Thanks for yet another brilliant episode

We enjoy a bit of intrigue, Mouzaphaerre. I shall be filming the next episode tonight. Hope work is not too tiresome.

Campidoctor

I feel lucky to have something like this series exist. The perfect intersection of my interests represented and presented in thoroughly enjoyable fashion. The last two episodes have been fantastic and I can't get enough! Thanks for keeping this up charlieh, looking forward to these new developments raveling and unraveling and moving the world around them.

Many thanks Dooz. Yes, plenty of politics at the moment. I especially enjoy writing about these development. We shall see what happens next.

New episode available.

Campidoctor

So much just happened my head is spinning.

May Hariamerias suffer for eternity!
    May the Boii find the strength to repel the Romans!
    May the Romans find friendship in the Lugians!
    May the Sweboz be cursed by all the gods!
    May Rikjamerias forge a proud destiny!

Indeed, Dooz. Events are happening thick and fast all of a sudden. I was thinking there would be a longer period of relative peace. I was wrong.

Icon14 Re: EB2, 2.35, Video AAR, Lugiones

Gone thirsty to watch the last episode seeing your conversation. Will edit and append after watching it...

ADDENDVM

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    May Hariamerias suffer for eternity!
    May the Boii find the strength to repel the Romans!
    May the Romans find friendship in the Lugians!
    May the Sweboz be cursed by all the gods!
    May Rikjamerias forge a proud destiny!
    Amen to all of that!

Hariamerias met his well deserved fate indeed and the Erkuni paid for his misdeeds dearly. That was a rare instance of poetic justice happening in real life, although it was still undoubtedly the innocents who suffered most...

All the power to the old and loyal Frithugernas and the young and courageous Rikjamerias. I hope they manage to envelope and destroy the backstabbing Sweboz in the upcoming battle.

His queen's pet Radilaudos already has his plate full of brooding trouble it seems. The Romans are surely a force to be reckoned. I hope their lust can be satiated in peaceful ways until the Lugian kingdom gets stronger.

Thanks for another great episode. Your writing has been steadily improving, if I may be so bold, and becoming ever more fun to read
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; November 21, 2019 at 07:58 AM.