Thread: CTD on battle

Default CTD on battle

Hello, congrats on getting 2.35 finally out! I've started a Romani campaign and everything is so much better than before, the only problem that I have is a recurring CTD mid-battle that my guess is is right when the animation of throwing javelins for heavy infantry (i have them in fire at will mode) ends, it just CTDs, without fail, I've tried this in different battles and its always the same situation.
    Sadly I can't upload a log because I am playing in Mac and god knows where the logs store in mac.

Congrats for the great work! I would appreciate if you can help me to fix this any possible way.

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Default Re: CTD on battle

Did you uninstall all previous versions of EBII before installing v2.35?

Also, did you install it over Kingdoms v1.05?

I deleted everything eb-related from my mac, how can I know if I installed it over Kingdome v1.05? Just so you know steam automatically updated Medieval 2 to "ultimate edition" or something like that.

Thank you for the response Quintus

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

I know nothing of Steam, unfortunately, but that crash is identical to the one people reported when trying to play EBII without Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    Hello, congrats on getting 2.35 finally out! I've started a Romani campaign and everything is so much better than before, the only problem that I have is a recurring CTD mid-battle that my guess is is right when the animation of throwing javelins for heavy infantry (i have them in fire at will mode) ends, it just CTDs, without fail, I've tried this in different battles and its always the same situation.
    Sadly I can't upload a log because I am playing in Mac and god knows where the logs store in mac.

Congrats for the great work! I would appreciate if you can help me to fix this any possible way.
    We reactivated prec in v2.35, which means it's impossible to set your heavy infantry to "fire at will mode". If you can actually do that, something is seriously bollixed with your install.
    EBII Council

Well me I guess, can't think what I've done wrong in the installation, guess I'll install everything again from scratch. Does Camillan Hastati count as "heavy infantry" whose are the guys that are CTD'ing the whole thing, how do I know what version of EB I am playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    Well me I guess, can't think what I've done wrong in the installation, guess I'll install everything again from scratch. Does Camillan Hastati count as "heavy infantry" whose are the guys that are CTD'ing the whole thing, how do I know what version of EB I am playing?
    Yep, Camillan Hastati definitely can't be set to auto-fire in v2.35 (but they can in v2.3). As for the version, when you launch the game, the very first menu screen will show the version number in the bottom left corner. Did you perhaps install v2.35 on top of v2.3? Theoretically it shouldn't matter but I've seen people have problems with this in the past. Definitely not recommended.
    EBII Council

Marvzilla's Avatar Ducenarius

I have a clean installed version of 2.35 and am able to use fire at will, click it and the unit will act on it if in range. By default its set off and everything seems normal. No CTDs or anything due to this.

Edit: Correction, playing a custom battle as Lugiones I sent my BG unit to fire on the enemy (not fire-at-will on, normal right click on enemy unit) they slowly walk towards them, one or two get in close combat range and charge. Suddenly CTD. First time I have experienced this.

As I said, clean install, no overwriting of 2.35 over 2.3, says so in the bottom left corner aswell.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; December 15, 2018 at 09:01 PM.