Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugs and Technical Support

Default Re: Bugs and Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    We aren’t finding any bugs from Argos.. from your save you defend Syracuse and then the Gauls attack Tomi which produces the crash.. play again it should work every other time.
    The issue is a sprite for a gallic officer. I didn’t think it was needed but now I know that it is. When I have the opportunity I’ll upload a small patch.

1 problem, peasants needs 30 turns and cost above 34k ( all my armenian city ). 2 problem i had long distance to petra but petra revolt and add to my provinces and had 4 peasants and instant war with egipt not funny^^.

I have a problem.Play as julii.After Marian reforms i cannot recruit missile and cavalry units.Only legionary from level 3 barracks (barracks level 4 and 5 gives the same legionary unit so they are useless).Is this design of maybe i have conflicts whith other mods?

Quote Originally Posted by danadi712 View Post
    I have a problem.Play as julii.After Marian reforms i cannot recruit missile and cavalry units.Only legionary from level 3 barracks (barracks level 4 and 5 gives the same legionary unit so they are useless).Is this design of maybe i have conflicts whith other mods?
    Its by design to force you to recruit mercenaries to use as auxiliary troops, just like the Romans did before the imperial reforms were introduced. However I understand it’s not the best for gameplay so I’ll end up fixing it at some point.

It is ok because the game become much harder and i like that.The only problem will be that after MARIAN reforms you get a one unit not much better than principes or triarii.
    So why should develop a city when i can keep my older units and missile and cavalry?It must be a bigger prize.

Laetus

Originally Posted by hellenisticfan
    When I try to run this mod I get this message after trying to launch it: Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san

I see this same error discussed elsewhere on this forum for another mod, RSII, but I'm not sure how the instructions to resolve it given there relate to this mod...

This error is caused by 7Zip adding an HTWR folder. I unchecked this box when extracting to Alexander. Everything works fine now without the extra HTRW folder.

Are the Hibernian Mines in Tara a bug? It generates 480000 Gold pre turn?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That could be a typo in the base value of gold in the descr_sm_resources file. Mines themselves are multiplier of that value, so I don't think it's a EDB (bonus value) issue.

I thought I'd poke around after what you said and found this in export_descr_buildings:

hibernian_mines requires hidden_resource nobuild
    {
    capability
    {
    mine_resource 9600
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 4800
    population_health_bonus bonus -10
    population_growth_bonus bonus -10
    }
    construction 40
    cost 64000
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }

It's not a but then I guess, some sort of easter egg, fancy description and everything (though I don't get the reference if it is :-/), I overwrote the values wih those of the ordinary mine and it worked! I now no longer feel like I'm cheating xD

Also what up with the Peasants costing 34000 and needing 30 turns to complete? Some sort of way of getting around abusing the auto-resolve?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Peasants - most likely to stop the 'migration' exploit, eg doing a fast pop increase by recruiting peasants in one settlement and disbanding them in another. No idea why it wasn't completely disabled instead. Maybe to make you think twice before doing a migration?

I like having 3 families and senate gameplay so I had take v18, why units like praetorian cavalry or legionary cohort ii are in EDU file but not in the game?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12