Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and Technical Support

Default Bugs and Technical Support

Here is where you can post about any instances where there is a bug or glitch, or if you are having problems installing and or starting the game.

Foxcon's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bugs and Technical Support

Missing UI for nomad culture. I would like to know how you solved this if you find out.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have a few small bugs to report but nothing big. Royal pikemen shields for Egypt are clipped strangely into the soldiers and not the right size, Seleucid Macedonian cavalry unit card is blurry, Quick battle armies are very weird combinations of mercenary units and other random units sometimes which is confusing but not a big deal since im sure not many people do quick battles, Pre-Marian roman armies spam Samnite infantry for some reason. not a bug but something that's just odd. Also there seems to not be a sprite for Ptolemaic companion cavalry because custom battles do not load with them and simply crash. that's all I can find for now but overall Ive been enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Amilius Brutus View Post
    I have a few small bugs to report but nothing big. Royal pikemen shields for Egypt are clipped strangely into the soldiers and not the right size, Seleucid Macedonian cavalry unit card is blurry, Quick battle armies are very weird combinations of mercenary units and other random units sometimes which is confusing but not a big deal since im sure not many people do quick battles, Pre-Marian roman armies spam Samnite infantry for some reason. not a bug but something that's just odd. Also there seems to not be a sprite for Ptolemaic companion cavalry because custom battles do not load with them and simply crash. that's all I can find for now but overall Ive been enjoying it!
    Thanks for the Info, I’ll look into these. The card is blurry because I had to resize the info card. It was the best I could do.
    I am surprised that quick battles even work!

Excuse me, but I wanted to know that if I want to play until version 7 (for now) ¿ I have to install all the previous versions first ?
    Excuse me, but I wanted to know that if I want to play until version 7 (for now) I have to install all the previous versions first

So I have the Steam version and loaded it onto Alexander. Everything works fine except for cursor, it's slow and sluggish. How can I fix for this?

Centenarius

Hi ahowl11, i'm playing version 10; while running a custom battle as the dacians, i got a CTD caused by a missing texture. Using the Zeus Tool by Redfox, some errors were found in the DMB (here's the log):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Starting descr_model_battle...
    Model Table consists of 200 unique Types...
    Checking DMB Types...
    DMB Types never used in DC/EDU/descr_lbc_db/descr_mount:
    ln 105 egypt_female_peasant
    ln 162 egyptian_male_peasant
    ln 298 elephant_oliphant
    ln 573 wardog
    ln 584 pig
    ln 1258 barb_handler
    ln 1537 warband_hurler
    ln 1581 barb_chariot_archer
    ln 1631 barb_screeching_woman
    ln 1884 carthaginian_handler
    ln 3655 roman_arcani
    ln 3775 greek_slinger_merc
    Checking DMB Textures...
    Textures missing in DMB:
    ln 1314 ../hrtw/data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_warband_longshield_briton_slave.tga
    >>Texture Error! Line: 1328Incomplete texture line!
    ln 1426 ../hrtw/data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_warband_peltast_dacia.tga
    Warning: File exists in mod-folder, but referenced to vanilla folder!
    ln 2000 data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_slinger_slave.tga
    Checking DMB Models...
    Checking DMB Sprites...
    Sprites missing in DMB:
    ln 1436 hrtw/data/sprites/slave_barb_peltast_gaul_sprite.spr
    ln 1747 data/sprites/gauls_warband_sword_gaul_sprite.spr
    ln 2273 hrtw/data/sprites/east_elite_archer_sprite.spr
    ln 2274 hrtw/data/sprites/east_elite_archer_sprite.spr
    ln 3138 hrtw/data/sprites/macedon_greek_light_lancer_sprite.spr
    Starting descr_model_strat...
    Model Table consists of 46 unique Types...
    Checking DMS Types...
    DMS types never used in dc:
    ln 178 sm_barb_lesser_general
    ln 221 sm_carthage_lesser_general
    ln 258 sm_eastern_lesser_general
    ln 285 sm_egypt_general
    ln 293 sm_egypt_lesser_general
    ln 319 sm_greek_lesser_general
    ln 361 sm_roman_lesser_general
    ln 399 sm_rebel_lesser_general
    ln 569 pontus_named
    ln 575 pontus_general
    Checking DMS Textures...
    Checking DMS Models...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Operation Complete!
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Thank you, I will make sure to fix those bugs for the next release!

hey,

Had a run through with Seleucid, found that Damascus can build 2 temples before it reaches City size (i built shrine to Asklepios on turn 1, then a shrine to Dionysos on turn 2) - no other town can do this.

On another game with Carthage - the building browser shows many shrines which are not for construction, there is just a huge list with a description "This should not be visible" (or words to that effect)

Otherwise looking neat!

Quote Originally Posted by nursa View Post
    no other town can do this.
    Just remembered that if you conquer a town with another temple already built - you can still construct anther one before it reaches city size. For example, taking Persepolis and building a greek shrine while there is a Temple to Zoaroastra present. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug though?

Thanks for your feedback, nursa, I am currently looking into it and it should be fixed for v11

A lot of CTD's mostly when cut to the battle map

When I try to run this mod I get this message after trying to launch it: Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san

I see this same error discussed elsewhere on this forum for another mod, RSII, but I'm not sure how the instructions to resolve it given there relate to this mod...

Quote Originally Posted by hellenisticfan View Post
    When I try to run this mod I get this message after trying to launch it: Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san

I see this same error discussed elsewhere on this forum for another mod, RSII, but I'm not sure how the instructions to resolve it given there relate to this mod...
    Usually this means there was an install error. Sorry for the late response, I hope you got it working.

Hello. First, I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the mod. One bug that I'm encountering is during battles. After the generals speech and the camera begins to pan upwards from the general's unit, if I move the camera before it stops panning upwards, the camera will permanently shift towards the sky and the FPS slows to single digits.

Also wanted to let you know when I first installed the mod, I also had the Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san. I found that the problem was the extra HRTW folder that the mod was within. The filepath when I had the error was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\HRTW\HRTW. When I eliminated the extra folder and the mod worked the filepath was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\HRTW. Hope that this helps.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan117 View Post
    ........One bug that I'm encountering is during battles. After the generals speech and the camera begins to pan upwards from the general's unit, if I move the camera before it stops panning upwards, the camera will permanently shift towards the sky and the FPS slows to single digits.
    This sounds like the age old ALX camera bug, have you tried going into start menu/Options/control settings and changing to "Total War style setup" apparently "FPS style setup" is what causes this issue and it's never been fixed.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan117 View Post
    Hello. First, I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the mod. One bug that I'm encountering is during battles. After the generals speech and the camera begins to pan upwards from the general's unit, if I move the camera before it stops panning upwards, the camera will permanently shift towards the sky and the FPS slows to single digits.

Also wanted to let you know when I first installed the mod, I also had the Failed to read Censored word dictionary file: data//chatfilter.san. I found that the problem was the extra HRTW folder that the mod was within. The filepath when I had the error was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\HRTW\HRTW. When I eliminated the extra folder and the mod worked the filepath was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\HRTW. Hope that this helps.
    Saul is right about the camera bug, and as far as the mod folder, you might have installed the current HRTW into an older version because I didn’t have a double folder when I uploaded. Nonetheless you have it working and I’m glad you’re enjoying the mod!

A bug from last version. Ships are able to going through on land between Athens and Sparta.

Also when I load the sally-out battle from agros I get CTD.
    Last edited by karasis; November 28, 2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    A bug from last version. Ships are able to going through on land between Athens and Sparta.

Also when I load the sally-out battle from agros I get CTD.
    Could you upload your save so I can test and find the solution? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Could you upload your save so I can test and find the solution? Thanks
    Sure!

https://mega.nz/#!xIIGgQwQ!K6kem6zMb...5sH708mWOozXJc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast