Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Historical Gameplay Let's Plays

Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    how do you move your battle line forward preserving the formation? havent played M2TW for so long i cant recall no more.
    Don't know if you still need this, but, once you have them grouped, you can preserve the line by holding the right mouse button instead of clicking.

Sarkiss, in order to move your troops in the desired formation, you must group the units you want and the formation must be cohesive. For example, you can't group your main infantry line together with a cavalry unit located far away on the flank.

thanks for the above, gents, will experiment with these. in the meantime i did remember how i used to operate it: group + Аlt and click wherever you want the group to move to. this not only preserves the group but also the direction it is facing.

didnt know what else to ask this. there is apparently an issue with one of the soundtracks' copyrights? here. it is one of the Roman soundtracks from what i understand. this can be a potential problem for youtubers creating EBII letsplays and steaming.

Really liked this, hoping you will continue this.

But those cavalry deaths damn!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The Seleukids and Ptolemaioi will have some new widgets to play with in the patch; the wars between them won't be so phoney, and they'll have some restive subjects in Anatolia to deal with as well.
    Amazing news!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    talking of 'shakedowns', is it possible to link rebellions to the type and number of units recruited? could make for recreating historical events in Ptolemaic kingdom: recruit X number of mid-high quality native units and face an indigenous uprising with its on Pharaoh in Memphis and all.
    In Thebais, recruiting Machimoi Phalangitai causes rising unrest. I could probably add the cavalry to that mechanic.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; March 13, 2019 at 10:55 AM.

In Thebais, recruiting Machimoi Phalangitai causes rising unrest. I could probably add the cavalry to that mechanic.
    woah recruiting units would affect unrest level?!?! Never thought such wizardry would exist. I always thought unrest was only caused by cultural differences....

Quote Originally Posted by tentaku View Post
    woah recruiting units would affect unrest level?!?! Never thought such wizardry would exist. I always thought unrest was only caused by cultural differences....
    A bunch of damn peace loving hippies!

Having refreshed my memory, it's not just Thebais. Any recruitment of Machimoi Phalangitai by Ptolemaioi will eventually cause unrest. Every 10 units causes unrest in Thebais - disbanding units will decrease the counter that eventually triggers unrest.

I think I'll expand that to include Machimoi Hippeis as well, for the same reason, though I'll leave the lower-class unit alone. It's only when the elites are forced into harness that you get trouble.

I think I'll expand that to include Machimoi Hippeis as well, for the same reason, though I'll leave the lower-class unit alone. It's only when the elites are forced into harness that you get trouble.
    Good idea Quintus! I actually didn't experienced that on my Ptolemai campaign because I almost never recruit machimoi units (trying to not commit the same mistake as the Ptolemai) x)

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Good idea Quintus! I actually didn't experienced that on my Ptolemai campaign because I almost never recruit machimoi units (trying to not commit the same mistake as the Ptolemai) x)
    The phalanx and cavalry are next to useless anyway. I do use the skirmishers and archers to supress brigands and rebels in Egypt, though. They are cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    The phalanx and cavalry are next to useless anyway. I do use the skirmishers and archers to supress brigands and rebels in Egypt, though. They are cost effective.
    I haven't used the machimoi phalanx, but I use the other types of infantry for garrison services in Egypt. Only used the cavalry once because I needed to defeat a large rebel army in a region and needed every soldier I could get, especially cavalry which gives you a big advantage when you have superiority on that.

Yeah, they're good if nothing else is around. Post reform Greek cavalry beats them hands down, though.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

I notice that often in my campaign regarding the Machimoi Phalangitai recruitment in Thebais, especially with AI as the region rebels and gets taken over by the Nabatae quite often. Also I dont know if there is an notification for this mechanic ingame but I thought it was quite common knowledge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    I notice that often in my campaign regarding the Machimoi Phalangitai recruitment in Thebais, especially with AI as the region rebels and gets taken over by the Nabatae quite often. Also I dont know if there is an notification for this mechanic ingame but I thought it was quite common knowledge ?
    There's no notification in-game, it just happens. As well as adding the cavalry to the mechanic, I've now made it player-only. The AI as enough trouble with Nabatu incursions as it is, without making that region Rebel all the time as well.

very excited to launch a new series based on 'Events after Alexandros' historical battles!
    there will be a playthrough episode on each of the battles included in this epic EBII historical battles superpack.

Episode 1, Battle of Media, 323 BC is available here

PC. @QS could the title of this thread be renamed to Historical Gameplay Let's Plays, please? it isnt just about 'Makedonian Restoration' and going forward and I will be posting and organising all of my EBII playthroughs series in this thread. thanks!

Default Re: Historical Gameplay Let's Plays

death of Alexandros Megas continues to reverberate around the ancient world. this time we have unrest in Greece itself: After Alexander the Great #2, Battle of Thermopylai, 323 BC

I'm glad you're giving those battles some visibility, though you could really do with the updated files that set phalanx mode and guard mode on (the AI won't switch those on, so their phalanxes will be terrible).

Here's the updates that fix the issue with phalanxes failing to behave like phalanxes: 2.35 Historical Battle files.zip
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 07, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

creating those historical battles series was a splendid idea. i didnt realise how well conceived it was until very recently. and thanks a lot for the phalanx fix! didnt know AI phalanxes were also affected. should make a huge difference.
    does it go to mods/ebii or straight into ebii/data?

thanks again

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast