Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Historical Gameplay Let's Plays

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Historical Gameplay Let's Plays

It seems to me you have to put the data and logs folder in mods/ebii directly.

And thanks for all your videos Sarkiss, it is nicely done and I really appreciate the historical content you share with them.
    It reminds of videos of reenacted ancient battles, done with EB1, that I watched some years ago. Although the commentary (in french) was often vague, what was cool was that the battles were done in multiplayer. It allowed the guys to make a reenactment of the battles, and their sequence of events, backed on the writings of ancien historians. I don't know, maybe it can inspire you ?

Yep, drop it in mods/ebii, or open the data folder and drop that into ebii/data.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    It seems to me you have to put the data and logs folder in mods/ebii directly.

And thanks for all your videos Sarkiss, it is nicely done and I really appreciate the historical content you share with them.
    It reminds of videos of reenacted ancient battles, done with EB1, that I watched some years ago. Although the commentary (in french) was often vague, what was cool was that the battles were done in multiplayer. It allowed the guys to make a reenactment of the battles, and their sequence of events, backed on the writings of ancien historians. I don't know, maybe it can inspire you ?
    this is great, very interesting approach to have two players fight it out historically then layer a narration on top of that. the only issue is finding someone to organise such historically driven MP match with. i tried a few historical battles in RTWII (Raphia) hoping to do the same but AI is absolutely awful. and deployed forces arent very historically accurate either. i would think that one of the reasons that the deployment of the opposing forces in 'Events after Alexandros' is so close is to leave the AI as little room as possible for making stupid moves. thanks for sharing.

After Alexander the Great #3, Battle of Thraike, 323 BC is out.

btw, anyone tried to edit their posts, do it work for you?

Have you noticed any difference in the behaviour of AI phalanxes with the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Have you noticed any difference in the behaviour of AI phalanxes with the patch?
    this latest battle of Thraike aside, i havent done any play-testing to be able to tell. and in this last battle the AI didnt have phalanx on their side, unfortunately, but mine did look pretty solid. ill keep an eye on it. it is pretty handy knowing they are in 'phalanx' by default though.

episode 4, Lamia, 322 BC, is out.

sarissa phalanx needs some love, pretty awful in the hands of AI.

They're using default BAI, I would have hoped starting out as close as they are would stop the AI doing stupid stuff like separating their phalanxes.

They're using default BAI, I would have hoped starting out as close as they are would stop the AI doing stupid stuff like separating their phalanxes.
    i think the issue is the 'attack' command. if human player keeps them static they work really well but once ordered to attack its a mess - they simply walk into enemy units. problem is, i dont think the AI can operate them that way and it always commands them to attack. have a look at what happens here

Episode 5, Battle of Rhamnous is out.

happy holidays everyone.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

After Alexander the Great series is great idea for HG - I will check your videos dear friend

Maybe I will get back from Field of Glory II: Rise of Persia (I badly need TW game/mod for ancient Assyria) to EB II

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    After Alexander the Great series is great idea for HG - I will check your videos dear friend

Maybe I will get back from Field of Glory II: Rise of Persia (I badly need TW game/mod for ancient Assyria) to EB II
    Field of Glory is good fun, i was considering doing a playthrough with them. may do some in the future once their new game is out.

in the meantime, here is another episode of After Alexandros: Kappadokia, 322 BC

I love your commentary explaining what's going on and why the battle happened. Just a shame the default BAI is letting you down.

I must admit, though I'm usually against any UI feedback, the small banners you're using are growing on me.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 27, 2019 at 06:45 PM.

I love your commentary explaining what's going on and why the battle happened. Just a shame the default BAI is letting you down.

I must admit, though I'm usually against any UI feedback, the small banners you're using are growing on me.
    thanks mate, much appreciated. yes, the small banners are quite neat imho - not too large and gamey, but not altogether absent either. a nice middle way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    thanks mate, much appreciated. yes, the small banners are quite neat imho - not too large and gamey, but not altogether absent either. a nice middle way.
    Do you know how they were done? I can't for the life of me remember.

Do you know how they were done? I can't for the life of me remember.
    iirc, YourMadDoc edited decr_banner_new.xml. here is the link to his sub-mod.

edit: is the forum glitching again or is it just me?
    Last edited by Sarkiss; April 28, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

here is the battle that concludes the Lamian War: episode 7 - Battle of Krannon, 322 BC
    Last edited by Sarkiss; May 04, 2019 at 07:54 AM.

It is also nice the way you tell us the historical background before the battle!
    Could you try making the radar and the other functions on the center of the screen to slide? That way we can see more of the battle screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    It is also nice the way you tell us the historical background before the battle!
    Could you try making the radar and the other functions on the center of the screen to slide? That way we can see more of the battle screen.
    i can try, yes, i think they are removable using some of the F keys. thanks

btw, for those interested in recently released Imperator Rome, here is my 3rd episode of the Last Stand of Thebes, a one-city-challenge playthrough:

Sarkiss you can remove them by going to the options menu, user interface, during battles, it's actually very easy to do it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast