Thread: DMN Launcher doesnt work.

Default DMN Launcher doesnt work.

I installed the Darthmod Napoleon on my steam TWN and tried to start it. I clicked play and got the following message "You are ready to Launch Napoleon manually. Please do not close the launcher!" I click the ok on that but I still cant play. The same thing keeps coming back up. Am I missing something? How do you launch the game manually?

Thanks.

Default Re: DMN Launcher doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    I installed the Darthmod Napoleon on my steam TWN and tried to start it. I clicked play and got the following message "You are ready to Launch Napoleon manually. Please do not close the launcher!" I click the ok on that but I still cant play. The same thing keeps coming back up. Am I missing something? How do you launch the game manually?

Thanks.
    I got Start and Sound/Startproblems with the Darthmod 2.6 or only Darthmodeffects too. I suppose this Mods need a Soundfix but will never get. (Dart`s Ship has sailed)
    I use Bran`s Campaign Ai together with his Terrainmod, BUM`s Unitpack, Mechdonalds Moredustmod not the Mainmod, IncreasedArtilleryDamagemod, Unitsize Ingame on Ultra, CampaignUnitMultiplier in the Script.user Text set to 2. Result: A wonderful very hard Game.

Remove your old Game with a UninstallerProgramm, Verification of your Gamefolder via Steam is needed, start the new Game over Steam, dont use the Desktopicon. The reason wy read Darth`s Remarks to Steam in the TWC NapoleonSection. Use a Modmanager3.0 to detecd issus between the Mods.

Sorry for my crappy english and good luck.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: DMN Launcher doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post

Thanks.
    I assume you have a shortcut for Napoleon Total War (NTW) on the desktop in Windows and if you have then double click on the NTW shortcut.

Which should launch NTW, but if you can't launch NTW via the shortcut then verify game cache in Steam.

Another thing that's important to remember is about where Steam is installed and the default path is C:\Program Files(x86), which is a system folder for User Account Control (UAC) and that's not recommended to install games in that UAC-protected folder.

Should you have Steam installed in the UAC folder then make sure you install NTW outside of that UAC-protected folder and I know one can do that. I always do that and it works.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.