Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Then don't go see them.
    I dont usually. Not all of them.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 12, 2019 at 08:59 AM.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

I just saw it and it was awesome. I think this is a very satisfying end to an 11 year long journey and it does a great job of tying all these films together even more.

Senator

Gonna watch it on Tuesday.... hard to stay spoilerfree...

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The end was straight up better than Return of the King.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Looking forward to seeing this myself!and all that

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Damn amazing movie. Also there are estimates that this could be a 1.2 billion dollar worldwide opening weekend.

The current record was set by the previous Avengers movie last year and is 640 million

This movie could ALMOST DOUBLE the previous biggest movie's opening weekend.

I didn't think this movie had a chance of dethroning Avatar but now I'm not so sure.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Avatar wasn't payoff for ten years of investment in long term world building and story.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Damn amazing movie.
    On. Your. Left.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Just awesome.....

3 hours flew by... Action, fun, emotional. Great ending to years of investment...

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    The end was straight up better than Return of the King.
    Return of the King dragged on for three or four endings while my bladder was about to pop. My legs seriously went numb.

Adjusted for inflation, Gone With the Wind still has the all-time domestic box office record at something around $1.8 billion. I'm hoping Endgame can unseat it but that's looking doubtful.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

It isn't better then return of the king. Not even close. But that is just my opinion.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    It isn't better then return of the king. Not even close. But that is just my opinion.
    I would argue it's the closest we have had to that epic scope, though.

Probably the best cinematic experience I have had since ROTK.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

RotK got god damn boring. Avengers: Endgame actually managed its pacing both during the movie and at the end a whole lot better. So meh. I'd rather read the RotK book again if I am to go through the entire story again. If All I want is a particular part of the story, then the movie RotK is perfect.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I stand by my claim, Endgame is straight up better than ROTK. It is my opinion though and at the very least I feel it accomplished a similar cathartic impact.

You aren't the only one with this opinion. They got better at pacing these long movies.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I found nothing boring in Return of the king everything was captivating, the epic stuff, but also the Frodo and Sam plot line. Every scene and shot, is full of poetry and photography, and iconic moments not to mention the grandiose epic soundtrack ( which i do think is more iconic, and beautiful then what we got in Avengers). It wins on the dramatic part too imo, nothing on the avengers films gets close to the performance of Bernard Hill as king Theoden.
    King Theoden and Aragon speech still gives me chills to this day. As epic it might be the last battle in the avengers, it wasn't as emotional powerful as the ones in lord of the rings. At least for me.

Of course it is less action oriented so i do get why some people would find it slower or boring at times in comparison.

Endgame it is not a better movie as cinematography is concern, not even close, i do think it is even ridiculous to state it, but to each its own i say.

That said, no doubt endgame was a satisfying movie to watch, if you follow the marvel universe. Even though the first half of the movie is a slowly heavily edited mess, and i do not think the pace is better then ROFTK, it is just faster in the second last act of the film. But again it is a different kind of movie, more action, comedy focused. So in the end they are different beasts.

I would argue it's the closest we have had to that epic scope, though.

Probably the best cinematic experience I have had since ROTK.
    That is a more then fair assessment.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Knight of Heaven - I can't stand ROTK. Jackson made Faramir into a lame character for that if I ever meet I will hit him (they also failed to addresses the value and risk oaths critical to the story). He also subtly changed everyone's motivations nobody makes a positive choice they are all forced into them. Take the Ents, they go from democratically choosing to enter the world again and war to being tricked into it. My experience was mounting horror as ROTK went on - I very nearly left but it was a big group family viewing so kinda had to stay.
    Last edited by conon394; May 29, 2019 at 07:31 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Return of the King book's ending where the story shifts down to a much slower pace to portray the aftermath. They kinda had to go through that in the film.
    The Armenian Issue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast