Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Return of the King book's ending where the story shifts down to a much slower pace to portray the aftermath. They kinda had to go through that in the film.
    Yep. And they even took out some, like Bywater.

Which...don't get me wrong. I would have loved a Hobbit battle. But it would have killed the pacing.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Yep. And they even took out some, like Bywater.

Which...don't get me wrong. I would have loved a Hobbit battle. But it would have killed the pacing.
    They should have kept it Jackson took out all the things that make the books great when I read them the first time and turned into a D&D epic battle story. I already ranted about Faramir but the bit that Aragon have to fight the dead is beyond awful and pointless.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

While i do get wree you come from, Im not factoring in the books. MY point was the movies on its own, in comparison to avengers.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    While i do get wree you come from, Im not factoring in the books. MY point was the movies on its own, in comparison to avengers.
    Fair enough I sure there long time comic fans who could make the same arguments about the MCU films. Funny that really I mean I love The Last of the Mohicans movie but was boarded to eye bleeding reading the book back is school... Sometime its hard to separate your sense of book or adaption. But still on own merits I really only liked Fellowship. I guess the ROTK felt forced. Some things made no sense the Frodo meeting the Nazgul episode, Faramir's treatment, Making Pipen break his oath, the bizarre charge sequence of what 12 horseman [I mean its silly, books wise Faramir goes to reinforce a crossing Gondor still holds and is one of the who can rally man to avoid terror of the Nazgul at close range a few bits of dialogue would clarified that and different battle instead of a pointless two]? Also Dentathor as being bat crap crazy and evil from the beginning was annoying and served no purpose.I agree a movie is different than book but the rank dishonesty to the source material was hard to overlook.

So I guess since I was never Comics fan Its hard to do a 1:1 comparison. I have MCU wariness so even the best ones are kinda of a hard trek. In any case I find I enjoyed watching the animated Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes more with girls a few years back (my older daughter was certainly livid that shows wasp did not make the movie with being both sexy and the only not to agonize all the time about being a super hero and fighting and stuff)
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234