Thread: Scripting and its effects on the AI

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Default Scripting and its effects on the AI

Hi all, just wanted to ask a question relating towards a script that I'm thinking up but I don't need to go into all the detail here. In essence, I would like to know if the AI would want to board a boat that appears and disappears every turn (as in the boat would spawn at the beginning of the turn and then be destroyed by the end of the AI turn)? (the sea the boat would be on would be connected to a region the AI might find desirable) The script will teleport the boat to the end of the "sea" and then get destroyed via script and then the army inside would be put ashore.
    Last edited by Sir Matthias; December 07, 2018 at 01:19 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Scripting and its effects on the AI

No it wouldn't want to do that. It only boards boats if it intends to launch a naval invasion against a specific place (something the AI has to make the decision to do on its own)

Unless you spawn an army inside of a boat, but that's a little tricky. I've seen a mod do that before but I think there was a warning -- don't think it was a fatal error. So you might be able to get away with doing that instead.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Scripting and its effects on the AI

Thanks for the info. I'll think of a workaround somehow