Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New SAGA title

Default Re: New SAGA title

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Alwyn i would agree with your prospective about armies but in my mind came an old question that NEVER answered after ROME I was released.
    In Rome I every unit you recruit decreases the population of city's citizens available to serve in the army. Less citizens no bigger cities. That was the most realistic feature in TW games EVER.
    If a player would continue to recruit from a city many times that city will never envolve. I wonder how dificult that feature was to be added to Rome II and stop having extremly limited army numbers?
    Oh ..i forgot...that would lead back to my previus post point that CA/SEGA developers were incapable to conect the strat_map city models and their evolution via population with the battle map of them!
    Damn questions and answers make a bizzare cycle arround CA/SEGA developing team's incapabillity to create a decent game atleast EQUAL with 14years old game of the past!
    I remember the 1st days of Rome II that legioners used thei pilla ONLY when they attacked an enemy unit and were unable to use them in stand ground stance! Do I need to say more?
    On a plus side of things, they finally realize that public disorder in a newly captured city was a historical myth (or at least to the extreme they portrayed it). To add to your point, one feature that should take effect is lower economic production. The more able-bodied men you recruit then the less economic capacity you should have since the workforce is now employed in the army. They should be a threshold because initially, the recruited would not be those already working.

There are more effective and historical means to reduce expansion. Some of which they already started doing. The use of governors should increase corruption thus increasing disloyalty and rebellions among the elites. In ToB, they inexplicitly limit the number of governors which could add a great deal to the gameplay. Any attempt to reduce corruption could increase revenue but also increase dissatisfaction among the corrupt officials. In ToB and increase demand for titles could be result or rebellion by certain officials. This is paradox level of detail and CA has never shown themselves to aim for that level of sophistication. I think this may be the motivation on why CA drops features when they add new features.

Kyffhäuser's Avatar Libertus

How about the Eighty Years War?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Isn't this an obvious candidates for 3K-related premium DLC campaign, or even a stand alone expansion? I don't see SAGA as connected to their historical flagship game of the moment (or am I wrong about that?). In any event, it sounds like they've picked the setting and they're saying we won't be able to figure it out because they're saying it's "so unexpected."
    CA might move away from mini campaigns DLC. Warhammer shows that people prefer more playable factions on the main map rather than new smaller map. I suspect 3K will follow this strategy and release more faction/character/heroes DLCs while some new campaigns like Warring States will be in the SAGA series.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    CA might move away from mini campaigns DLC. Warhammer shows that people prefer more playable factions on the main map rather than new smaller map. I suspect 3K will follow this strategy and release more faction/character/heroes DLCs while some new campaigns like Warring States will be in the SAGA series.
    I'll disagree with you there. People disliked Warhammer's campaign dlc's because frankly they were just really bad and felt like an excuse to charge us 18$, and were basically just smaller versions of the grand campaign with uninteresting scenarios. Meanwhile the most beloved Historical Campaignpacks allow us to cover new eras with new units and maps, or just have super interesting scenarios. Basically all the Kingdoms campaigns for M2 were like this with some having similar rosters but allowing us to cover interesting scenarios while others like The Americas and the Teutonic Campaign allowed us to play with Rosters we couldn't in the Main Campaign and in the Teutons case realistically shouldn't be able to. For later games' DLC's like Age of Charlemagne, Rise of the Samurai, Empire Divided, and The Last ROman are fairly well liked allowed us to cover different eras with unique aesthetics, whether they used the same map as the GC or not. People wanted campaign DLC's like that and not the crappy Warhammer ones which, as someone who finished both of them, were just boring.

For 3K I expect a return to such DLC's, though that said, I do support the idea of The Warring States being a seperate SAGA title. This would be so it could be it's own thing and have a bigger budget(and a bigger price tag) since it's such a popular period.

i would like to see an Empire 2 or Napoleon 2. Something far away from the current Settings. I mean the war-styles in the last titles is Pretty much the same ( axes, swords, guys that cut off there heads,…). Something in the musket-era would be refreshing. But i guess an Empire 2 would be too big for a Saga title.

I hope the saga formula will not be reproduced again and I hope that in the future they do move towards making SAGA games a bit more independent.

I'd like to see another one. ToB, with the lastest update is a great game.

I'm personally hoping it will be in an area not done before, though, with Three Kingdoms now coming out, they are fewer areas left. One such place might be the Eastern Mediterranean BCE. Asia Minor, the Mesopotamian region, Northern Egypt and the Minoans. There were a lot of things going on before the Greeks, Persians and Romans arrived. The Assyrians and Hittites were pretty bad-ass for a period of time.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

I actually mentioned something close to this; A sandbox game where you can choose one of the Sumerian city-states.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The Bronze Age has to be covered at some point. It is one of the most mythological areas of history you will ever find. It's quite shocking to know that the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians existed. If they had survived to the modern day, the West would be going lady gaga. I too would. This is a period far bigger even than the RII period itself.

It must be done!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123