Thread: Coming back to MTW - A few Basic Questions

Default Coming back to MTW - A few Basic Questions

I have reloaded MTW:Kingdoms with Stainless Steel onto my new rig. Looks great but I would like to make a few tweeks before I re-invade Europe.
    All of these questions refer to the battle interface:

- Is there a way to make the highlighting of selected troops less intrusive then the bright circle markers under each man?
    - Is there a camera control mod that will allow me to change the 'pitch' of the camera? So far I have horizontal rotate but is there a vertical rotate?
    - Vanilla game control allows me to pause or go faster. Is there a tweek that causes the battle action to go slower? (As it is the troops seem to march at around 60 mph...)

Much thanks...

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Coming back to MTW - A few Basic Questions

Quote Originally Posted by GungaDin16 View Post
    - Is there a way to make the highlighting of selected troops less intrusive then the bright circle markers under each man?
    Think I tried this in the past but did not find the file to edit. If anyone knpws, I'm interested too.

- Is there a camera control mod that will allow me to change the 'pitch' of the camera? So far I have horizontal rotate but is there a vertical rotate?
    Yes you can easily set keys to rotate horizontally and vertically in the controls menu inside the game.

- Vanilla game control allows me to pause or go faster. Is there a tweek that causes the battle action to go slower? (As it is the troops seem to march at around 60 mph...)
    Standart control gives you 3 options of speed and pause inside the battlefield (using the buttons in the left bottom part of the UI), but there is a secret... set the speed to 1x (normal), hold shift and click to reduce it again, you will notice you can have even slower speeds.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Highlighting ring - that's the data\textures\#green_circle.tga graphic if memory serves. Might have to unpack the file (see unpacking individual files) and then edit it.

Else (more likely) it's in descr_ui_color_db.txt - in the 'Battle Components' section, most likely these lines:
    Code:
    marker_proxy_summer_selected    255,   0, 255,   0
    marker_select                   255,   0, 255,   0
    The first number is the 'alpha' code, eg how translucent the color is, the next three is the RGB code: 0,255,0 is totally green. Make sure to use a kingdoms version or from my Bare Geomod.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I've just created a mod to change the green circle around the soldiers.

Here it is

Very simple and no explanations needed, just check the files and you will understand everything.