Thread: The Most Mod Friendly Game Ever Coming Soon!!!- Third age Transfer?

Default The Most Mod Friendly Game Ever Coming Soon!!!- Third age Transfer?

The Most Mod Friendly Game Ever Coming Soon!!!

Field of Glory: Empires
    http://www.ageod.com/products/product.asp?gid=789

Is an upcoming grand strategy turn based game similar to total war but that uses a we-go system. Players enter their turn at same time and the cpu processes their turns at same time [MP up to 16 players]. Having played civil war 2 by ageod has cured my whole created when I stopped playing total war when it became to arcade like.

The developers say it will be completely open to modding and made as easy as possible. "Your imagination is your limit" and when asked if they will do a medieval time period they said "If we dont make that medieval game for you, you can just go in and do it yourself." "the entire system is exposed to you." Battles can even be exported to another game.

watch the video here
    http://www.ageod.com/products/product.asp?gid=789

forum here
    http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=411

So my question is, who is going to make a Third age mod for this game so we can Campaign MP? PM me if you might be intersted in starting a group to do a third age/LOTR mod for the ageod game.
    Last edited by twc01; December 04, 2018 at 05:46 PM.
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: The Most Mod Friendly Game Ever Coming Soon!!!- Third age Transfer?

CA howver is desperate to keep their newest games unmoddable. They are scared no one would buy their DLC anymore and mods they cant get money off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    CA howver is desperate to keep their newest games unmoddable. They are scared no one would buy their DLC anymore and mods they cant get money off.
    And that is why I will buy these guys game and not ca's. Well other reasons as well of course.
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Does Field of Glory: Empires have real time tactics like M2TW?
    Does it have a troop veteracy system?
    I don't know what "we-go system" is.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Does Field of Glory: Empires have real time tactics like M2TW?
    Does it have a troop veteracy system?
    I don't know what "we-go system" is.
    Yes it has a real time battle system. But it is nothing like TW and battles can be auto resolved. But battles can also be exported to another game [by the developer] and the results brought back in. Maybe this can be modded to export to med 2?

Yes troop veteran system. A much more in depth game than tw.

we go for MP is when all players/nations do their turn and send in the file to the server who proceeds the turn and sends the results back to the players. SO everyone moves/fights at the same time. Single player the same, just the cpu proceeds all the turns at once.
    Malcolm maggeridge

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Sounds like a good game but I would like to see different sorts of improvements over M2TW.

Like the ability to build custom castles with real motes that the besieging forces would have to fill before they attempt an assault, or store management in castles, or custom equipment and training for your forces and certainly the ability to transfer of the most skilled soldiers of a unit to another unit for the purpose of assembling elite detachments, or the management of the workforce.

A more challenging AI would be a must, as would be the correlation between surf population, their health, their happiness, their productivity and conscription/disbandment.
    Last edited by paleologos; December 06, 2018 at 06:02 AM.

How do you know it is the most mod friendly game ever if it has not been released yet? It says the battles only transfer to a turn based tactics game, who would even want that? Sounds like a waste of time feature to me, they could have have been making something else instead.

There is a game called Knights of Honor that has real time strategy and tactics, worth checking out. It is pretty old so quite moddable. Newer games rarely are, including TW, but this has to do with how it is made now. It is not a huge conspiracy or anything, files need to be compressed and optimized and baked and... all sorts of things that make them not easy to mod but still possible to mod. All programs can be modded, it is only a question of time and effort required. The time and effort to "transfer" TATW, or make a new one for that game will most likely require too much time and effort for anyone to ever do it. Especially if they don't already have some idea of how to do things since they will have to spend months or years learning.
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 08, 2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: wrong name

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    How do you know it is the most mod friendly game ever if it has not been released yet? It says the battles only transfer to a turn based tactics game, who would even want that? Sounds like a waste of time feature to me, they could have have been making something else instead.

There is a game called Men of Honor that has real time strategy and tactics, worth checking out. It is pretty old so quite moddable. Newer games rarely are, including TW, but this has to do with how it is made now. It is not a huge conspiracy or anything, files need to be compressed and optimized and baked and... all sorts of things that make them not easy to mod but still possible to mod. All programs can be modded, it is only a question of time and effort required. The time and effort to "transfer" TATW, or make a new one for that game will most likely require too much time and effort for anyone to ever do it. Especially if they don't already have some idea of how to do things since they will have to spend months or years learning.
    \

I just might check that game out. The developers of agod have said the entire game is open to modding and that it will be very easy to mod.
    Malcolm maggeridge

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

I don't think FoG:Empires has a real-time battle system, it's rather an auto battle on a map.
    However, Med2TW was an example for the dev for the moddability of F:E
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

The best system was realtime strat map and realtime battles, like Knights of Honor. Its also mod-friendly.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Please remember that this is the Third Age Total War forum, folks.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

If you want to maximize your chances of seeing TA reproduced in that game, better start polishing your modding skills.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Sounds like a good game but I would like to see different sorts of improvements over M2TW.

Like the ability to build custom castles with real motes that the besieging forces would have to fill before they attempt an assault, or store management in castles, or custom equipment and training for your forces and certainly the ability to transfer of the most skilled soldiers of a unit to another unit for the purpose of assembling elite detachments, or the management of the workforce.

A more challenging AI would be a must, as would be the correlation between surf population, their health, their happiness, their productivity and conscription/disbandment.
    There's the Stronghold Crusader game for most of what you've just said. I own the Stronghold 2 and actually enjoy it, but it was not well received by the critics. I don't have the newer games after that though, they don't have good critiques. Anyways back to TATW or mod will get us!
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Memory View Post
    Anyways back to TATW or mod will get us!
    Indeed......

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze