Thread: Permission for use EBII voices

Default Permission for use EBII voices

I would like to know if I can use EBII voices in my mod, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Permission for use EBII voices

So I guess I can take the silence as a yes. Dunno what's so hard about answering a simple question, kind of an attitude...

You take a lack of a reply as a yes? and complain of a kind of an attitude?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Genava's Avatar Senator

If the policy is the same than for the first EB mod:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...aning-Policies
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

No response is not a "yes". We're extremely busy with testing rebel recruitment and fixing a number of issues that popped up because of all that testing. This request will be handled when we get to it. In the meantime, you can be more detailed in your request, such as which voice mods. Also, please provide details on your mod. Is it releasable to the public, is it an EB sub-mod, have you made other requests for EB2 materials or do you plan to, etc.
    Last edited by Kull; November 10, 2018 at 03:32 PM.
    EBII Council

Ok so to resume: Some time ago I had already requested some things from EBII (guess I'm not important enough to be remembered lol) which was UI stuff and strat models and basicaly what was said by Quintus is that the only problematic thing are the units and I had a limit of 10 I could use but everything else I could use just giving credit. However nothing was talked about the voices or scenes, so I thought it was better to ask about the voices as I'd like to use them. As there was no answer and based on what was said before I thought maybe you guys don't care if I use them, that's it.

Btw I don't want any units or scenes, I'm only using ATM the UI and strat models for towns and ports, that's it. The mod is THIS
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; November 11, 2018 at 07:21 AM.

Oh, I remember you now! You are the guy that promised to provide a list of everything you'd be borrowing, and then never provided it.

So to be crystal clear, you are not allowed to use ANYTHING from EB2 until you give us a complete, detailed list, by item, of everything you plan to borrow. It's been almost two months since the original vague request, more than enough time to decide what you plan to use. We aren't a shopping mall that you can keep coming back to every few weeks as needs change - decide now and send the list.
    EBII Council

Yes I promised the list before releasing the mod, did I released the mod? No, I didn't. I'm trying several things around to decide what to use, as said I'm using the UI and strat map models and now asking for the voices, dunno what's so complicated to understand, that's my list: UI, strat map models for towns and ports, and Voices (all), I'd also like to use strat map models for agents, that's it. I don't have any problem if you huys don't want me to use anything, it will just make my life harder as I've already having a ton of work. Just need to know if I can use those things or not so that I look to an alternative.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the AI but Quintus said the guy who made it (zen I think) allow me to use it, but as Quintus tell me one thing and you tell me another, add that to the list I guess...
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; November 11, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

Can I get an answer to this some time soon? Can I use the UI, strat map models for towns/ports and voices? I'm going to remake some files and I need to know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    Can I get an answer to this some time soon? Can I use the UI, strat map models for towns/ports and voices? I'm going to remake some files and I need to know what to do.
    As Kull asked, please list the specific files you wish to use.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    As Kull asked, please list the specific files you wish to use.
    Didn't I said it already?? I need the UI files and strat map models for towns and ports for the different cultures (only one I don't need is the one for steppe culture as I'll just use the barbarian one), and all the voice files. All credits for UI, strat map models for towns and ports, voices will be for EBII team, I don't know what you want I say more... If you don't want I use them just say, I do have alternatives for UI as fortunately there are great and helpful people in this community and the strat map models from DBM are fine, also the voices I can just use Rome TW ones. But ofc if I could use the ones from EBII I would rather use them as I like them more and you would get full credit for it, that's all.

Didn't I said it already?? I need the UI files and strat map models for towns and ports for the different cultures (only one I don't need is the one for steppe culture as I'll just use the barbarian one), and all the voice files. All credits for UI, strat map models for towns and ports, voices will be for EBII team, I don't know what you want I say more... If you don't want I use them just say, I do have alternatives for UI as fortunately there are great and helpful people in this community and the strat map models from DBM are fine, also the voices I can just use Rome TW ones. But ofc if I could use the ones from EBII I would rather use them as I like them more and you would get full credit for it, that's all.
    I mean list the specific files - each and every one you intend to use. You keep referring to generalities, if you know what you want to use, you can list each one.

I did said "all" so why do I need to specify the files if it's "all". Forget about it, first you told me I could use all that stuff just by giving credit and the only problematic things were the units and I could use no more than 10 specifying each one. Then kull comes talking to me in a very disrespectful way for no reason with very different rules, saying I need to make a list of everything.

I've stated exactly what I need but no, I need to go hunt for every single file and copy/paste exactly the file name when you know very well what files I'm reffering to. You guys are being very unhelpful, I've worked for a few years in M&B community and I've never experienced nothing like this, I can understand if other modders don't want to see their work in other mods, but no need to be disrespectful.

So yeah forget about it, it's obvious you guys don't want I use EBII stuff in my mod for whatever reason and I'll respect that, good luck in the development of EBII, it's a great mod, just many things in the core design aren't for my tastes and it's the reason I'm making my own mod.

Lad, I understand where you are coming from, but just make a damn list. Here is an example:

1. Stonehange - strat model.
    2. Rape of Persephone - song.
    3. Anime chicks with katanas - model.
    4. All the hentai voices from the mod - audio.
    5. Naked Greek goddesses- splash-art for loading screen.
    6. Button for "guard mode" ability and weaboo colony thumbnail - UI.

That it. Its a list. I do admit Kull isn't friendliest lad in the universe, he sure as Hell is not an unreasonable one, and community is/was/will be unfriendly one in general. Think anout what you will need, change the things in a list I wrote, to set them in stone, so to speak, send it, and they will give you assets you need. They stated that they are willing to share and help you, if you follow their rules, and all they asked from you is finalized list. Its a bit hard to do before a release, but that's how most of us have to work.

Please do forget about it. The mod has a few simple rules for making items available, you consider them too onerous, so that's that. Good luck with your mod.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Priest View Post
    Lad, I understand where you are coming from, but just make a damn list. Here is an example:

1. Stonehange - strat model.
    2. Rape of Persephone - song.
    3. Anime chicks with katanas - model.
    4. All the hentai voices from the mod - audio.
    5. Naked Greek goddesses- splash-art for loading screen.
    6. Button for "guard mode" ability and weaboo colony thumbnail - UI.

That it. Its a list. I do admit Kull isn't friendliest lad in the universe, he sure as Hell is not an unreasonable one, and community is/was/will be unfriendly one in general. Think anout what you will need, change the things in a list I wrote, to set them in stone, so to speak, send it, and they will give you assets you need. They stated that they are willing to share and help you, if you follow their rules, and all they asked from you is finalized list. Its a bit hard to do before a release, but that's how most of us have to work.
    I know perfectly well what they meant, if there is one thing I don't lack is intelligence, and so I'm pretty sure that list rule was made to discourage the use of their stuff, they know perfectly well the files I want but they insist with an unecessary list and I just don't have time to lose with that. If you read the first thread Quintus stated completely different rules and then kull come out of nowhere in a very arrogant and disrespectful manner with new ones. It feels like they don't like the idea of a new mod in the same time frame. I was used to M&B community where I had a great experience getting help and helping others, here is different to say the least. Anyway who lose is the community, maybe I just make the mod to myself and use whatever I want and don't bother to publish it, it's not that I earn anything by making a mod available to others... That said I do have alternatives and if I have the time I can just make new stuff, problem is I don't have the time nowadays I had when modding M&B.

I know perfectly well what they meant, if there is one thing I don't lack is intelligence, and so I'm pretty sure that list rule was made to discourage the use of their stuff, they know perfectly well the files I want but they insist with an unecessary list and I just don't have time to lose with that. If you read the first thread Quintus stated completely different rules and then kull come out of nowhere in a very arrogant and disrespectful manner with new ones. It feels like they don't like the idea of a new mod in the same time frame. I was used to M&B community where I had a great experience getting help and helping others, here is different to say the least. Anyway who lose is the community, maybe I just make the mod to myself and use whatever I want and don't bother to publish it, it's not that I earn anything by making a mod available to others... That said I do have alternatives and if I have the time I can just make new stuff, problem is I don't have the time nowadays I had when modding M&B.
    I did not say you lack intelligence, but you may lack experience with M2:TW community and look to hard into things. First time I joined community (trying to somehow get something out of this game), they almost crucified me for not liking stupid game (without this mod, I never would have played the game, so really big congrats to devs for salvaging that pile of garbage and making something very enjoyable out of it), and liking Rome 1&2 better. If they want the list, make the list. It could take like 10 minutes. They might seem arrogant or whatever, but Quintius and Kull really are not. They had to put up with some actual retards and s, so forgive them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Priest View Post
    I did not say you lack intelligence, but you may lack experience with M2:TW community and look to hard into things. First time I joined community (trying to somehow get something out of this game), they almost crucified me for not liking stupid game (without this mod, I never would have played the game, so really big congrats to devs for salvaging that pile of garbage and making something very enjoyable out of it), and liking Rome 1&2 better. If they want the list, make the list. It could take like 10 minutes. They might seem arrogant or whatever, but Quintius and Kull really are not. They had to put up with some actual retards and s, so forgive them.
    Well my experience contacting with them it is what it is, but I know there are great people in this community always being helpful, however I just feel is not the same. And about what you said regarding Medieval II TW, I personally only played this mod for more time and nothing else not even vanilla and this mod is my FAVOURITE mod from all Total War mods. However there are some things in the core design I don't like, and when I was going to start a new campaign I would always modify a ton of stuff so I started thinking about making a new mod with my own ideas. At first though I changed my mind and started the one at the end of the Roman Republic to make something different, however as I was making that mod I kept wishing I was making something in the Hellenistic period so I started a new one in the Hellenistic period.

Good luck, anyway. I might try it when it comes out.