Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that v2.35 has dropped, what are you doing with it?

Default Now that v2.35 has dropped, what are you doing with it?

It's been long-awaited, and now it has arrived. By way of a non-scientific straw poll, what are you doing with it? What faction(s) are you playing, what are you trying to do with them, and how are you finding it so far?

Has anyone attempted any of the After Alexander series of Historical Battles yet? Is anyone considering a Let's Play on their game?

Or for anyone still downloading, what do you plan to do?

Default Re: Now that v2.35 has dropped, what are you doing with it?

I plan on doing a video AAR. I Will post in the AAR section when first episode is complete. I must consider the faction. One of the smaller ones I think.

I want to either play a Seleucid campaign with the new family tree, or a Pontus campaign first with all the brand new units. I have not decided.

But I'm leaning towards a Pontus campaign, especially with a historically accurate diverse army.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

I'm doing what I usually do, which is play as the Romans following a fairly historical conquest timeline.

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

My question is what factions received the most updates for 2.35? Then start with those. Just about finished conquering Hellenic Mediterranean cities in 2.3 but now I need something different.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

If you think of units, I would say Pontos, Bosporan Kingdom and Sarmatians. But beware if you start KB campaign, usurpations and uprisings are too common
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Having a blast so far with my "crush the machimoi, hellenise Aigyptos, break the Theban priesthood" inward-looking Ptolemaioi campaign. Exchanged all of my Anatolian holdings for peace and alliances, seized Damascus, and am turning Syria into a proto-Maginot line while I ruthlessly unite and subjugate the Egyptian and Ethiopian interior.

Battles so far are a definite improvement over 2.3 - much more solid formations, phalangitai seem to perform significantly better, my uazali and hemithorakitai now actually fight as units instead of dispersing across an area twelve square miles across like they all need eight feet of personal space minimum.

The building system seems to make more sense as well, I feel like my economy ebbs and flows in predictable ways based on what I build. It felt a bit random sometimes in previous versions - now economic development is much more tangible.

I'm doing a definitive, most likely forever last Makedonia campaign. Now that they have even kickass slinger/assault unit available...they've got pretty much everything. Well, short of horse archers, but I'm not fond of those anyway.

Edit: after that...well, probably Pontos or Hayastan. Or maybe one of Iberian factions. Then...well, it'll probably be 2.4-2.5, and either Saba or SPQR area will be finished.

so thrilled its finally out. this is the mother of all mods, and a huge event indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowrecked View Post
    I'm doing what I usually do, which is play as the Romans following a fairly historical conquest timeline.
    sounds like fun. i hardly ever played as Romans. not in any game or mod since Rome 1. in fact, the last time i played them was in EBI, ages and ages ago. was lots of fun recreating the Roman empire in a campaign that was guided by their historical expansion. if you go that route, i'd highly recommend QuintusSertorius' guide. i think i have an illustrated version somewhere.

i keep my fingers crossed that i manage to get 2.35 up and running. tbh, after the fiasco with trying to get the dev's build to work, im a bit apprehensive. wish i retained the disc version rather than switching to Steam. will spend the weekend getting the game installed (hopefully), and once done will most likely start a historical lets play. 'After Alexander' sounds interesting, or maybe creating a developer's play-through with Hayastan?

great to see lots of excitement about the release, and cant wait to give it a go. its been too long.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Pontus campaign... rebels everywhere
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Playing as Arveni, first time playing as celtics in EB2. In contrast Casse was the faction i played the most in EB1, but ive found that ive come to prefer the hellenistic factions way more in EB2.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

installing now.. i think i will play Boioi on VH/VH and just hold territory in the hercynian forest, so.. expand west just until uiennos or so, that area around lake geneva maybe? and just hold the forest area against evil romani and suebi incursions. maybe take a couple fun campaigns out to try and sack somewhere like carthage or athens

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    The building system seems to make more sense as well, I feel like my economy ebbs and flows in predictable ways based on what I build. It felt a bit random sometimes in previous versions - now economic development is much more tangible.
    It was worse than random before - buildings with specific "cost per turn" or "income per turn" (mines excepted) didn't work. Now they do.
    EBII Council

Now that the reform's been fixed (hopefully) I think I'll give Numidia another go.

New update looks neat! I think I want to try some of the new battles. But I don't really understand which faction intended to picked in that battles. Would be nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Playing as Arveni, first time playing as celtics in EB2. In contrast Casse was the faction i played the most in EB1, but ive found that ive come to prefer the hellenistic factions way more in EB2.

Please let me know what you think of the new Gallic voicemod, I would appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by HoundEFU View Post
    Please let me know what you think of the new Gallic voicemod, I would appreciate the feedback.
    So you're the guy that did all the work on the new Celtic voice-mod?

You did a pretty good job but there are some Celtic units that are voiceless like the Galathraikes or the Galatian Colonists.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    So you're the guy that did all the work on the new Celtic voice-mod?

You did a pretty good job but there are some Celtic units that are voiceless like the Galathraikes or the Galatian Colonists.
    That's strange. I do remember recording voicelines for the Galathraikes. Must've been an oversight, thanks for the heads up.

I'll start with a nomadic faction, just to see the difference. Probably Nabatu or other Eastern. Is there any european nomadic faction?

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    I'll start with a nomadic faction, just to see the difference. Probably Nabatu or other Eastern. Is there any european nomadic faction?
    Luigiones, I think. Or how the hell are these blue east germanic kind of guys spelled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast