Thread: Movement Animation issues on Campaign Map

Default Movement Animation issues on Campaign Map

Hello.

Not sure if this should be in the bugs/issues thread, but I'll put it here anyway. I have been playing with Vanilla TATW 3.2 for a time now. What I have noticed is that, whenever in the campaign map, and you move your units from point A to point B, and you right-click to make the animation go faster, for diplomats and assassins, the quick animation is pretty smooth. But, for army units, heroes/generals, spies it gets pretty choppy as if the game is trying to make the units' animation fast, but they end up being as if it's stuttering or skipping or choppy (that's the most apt description I could give it).

If I'm playing vanilla medieval 2 total war (i.e. medieval 2 or kingdoms), I experience none of these behavior on any of the units that I move on the campaign map when I right-click to speed up their movement from point A to point B.

Anyone else experience this behavior?

Thanks!

Tiro

Default Re: Movement Animation issues on Campaign Map

I would consider that totally normal. I see what you mean about the armies skipping ahead in a second or a half, and the agents doing a fast walk, but I always saw that as normal. Maybe it is to do with weak computer graphics, but even agents are somewhat choppy, and they all move to their destination within literally a second so it never bothered me.

Default Re: Movement Animation issues on Campaign Map

Diplomats and Assassins are the bugged ones, it is supposed to be fast not smooth, but the M2TW code was effed up. It is easy to slow down/smooth out all the other strat stuff too, but it just slows down the game defeating the purpose of speeding it up by clicking.