Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

All the links to microsoft.com in the first post are dead. Can anyone give me a hand here? I can google those but i only find for vista/win 7, not really sure if that's what i need.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Some of the existing factions will be undergoing a revamp for 2.4 as well.
    Lusitanians, Carthaginians and Numidians among others. The changes will be important, so in some cases they could be understood as new factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    Lusitanians, Carthaginians and Numidians among others. The changes will be important, so in some cases they could be understood as new factions.
    And the upcoming update is 2.4 version or lower number?

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

It's a lower number, after it, we will release 2.4. That said, please note, that in regard to 2.4 there is a lot of work still to do. In any case, the next release will include an interesting revamp of the political system of Epeiros and several new features.

2.4 is the next full release, not the upcoming patch (which is 2.35A).

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

2.4 is the next full release, not the upcoming patch (which is 2.35A).
    In terms of work and changes, a patch in the EBII terms is equal to a new mod in the other terms.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

�� All sounds terribly exciting great work as always I am sure. Have you been tinkering much in the Hellenistic east?

Do you have an ETA for 2.4? Like is it a year out? 3 years out? No idea?

Just going back to my original question of wondering if I should wait to play a long campaign or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Illiterate View Post
    Do you have an ETA for 2.4? Like is it a year out? 3 years out? No idea?

Just going back to my original question of wondering if I should wait to play a long campaign or not.
    We have no ETA on 2.4, the next full installation. There's a lot of stuff planned for it.

2.35A, the upcoming patch is soon. We're playtesting now. It is not small, it's over 1GB in size compressed. If your 2.35 is installed in Program Files, it probably won't work.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Looking forward to it!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

If you enjoyed the historical battles in 2.35, there are more in the works.

Really looking forward to the patch as I was told that it has many improvements for Sweboz. I want to give that faction a serious attempt, but I'm keeping it on hold for the patch.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

When the patch is released will all the old O:S links from the first page be updated? They're all dead and I just went ahead and installed EB2 anyway and patched it to be more stable but I'm getting CTD's constantly, specifically mid battle as SPQR in Cisalpine Gaul, and mid battle as Pontus when I went east to the 'Hayk rebel' village on turn 1 to fight a battle. I can't seem to make my error log give me a message. I'm just wondering should I uninstall, wait for the patch and then follow the installation instructions again if the links are updated. On a previous install (same version) I wasn't getting anywhere close to this many CTD's so it must be something I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Also 2 additional CTD's when map scrolling as Rome, and 1 CTD as Macedon when just scrolling the campaign map. So about 5 CTD's in less than 2 hours gameplay, 3 while map scrolling (not doing anything specific) and 2 mid battle once as Rome and once as Pontus.

Edit no. 2: I'm using steam, strangely after installation I was only able to launch the game through the desktop shortcut that said 'non steam' but the game would crash if I loaded through the 'steam' shortcut
    Last edited by Agrippa19; February 10, 2021 at 04:39 PM.

If you enjoyed the historical battles in 2.35, there are more in the works.
    where would they fit chronologically - early on, closer to the end of the timeline or somewhere in between? Ive recorded a few and wondering where the new ones go as I wanted to return to them at some point and complete the 'historical battles' series.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa19 View Post
    When the patch is released will all the old O:S links from the first page be updated? They're all dead and I just went ahead and installed EB2 anyway and patched it to be more stable but I'm getting CTD's constantly, specifically mid battle as SPQR in Cisalpine Gaul, and mid battle as Pontus when I went east to the 'Hayk rebel' village on turn 1 to fight a battle. I can't seem to make my error log give me a message. I'm just wondering should I uninstall, wait for the patch and then follow the installation instructions again if the links are updated. On a previous install (same version) I wasn't getting anywhere close to this many CTD's so it must be something I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Also 2 additional CTD's when map scrolling as Rome, and 1 CTD as Macedon when just scrolling the campaign map. So about 5 CTD's in less than 2 hours gameplay, 3 while map scrolling (not doing anything specific) and 2 mid battle once as Rome and once as Pontus.

Edit no. 2: I'm using steam, strangely after installation I was only able to launch the game through the desktop shortcut that said 'non steam' but the game would crash if I loaded through the 'steam' shortcut
    strange, steam shortcut works for me. the problem i have is that unlike SS6.4 for steam, I cannot see the date on HUD. anyone else has this issue?

for your battle CTDs, are you using the 4GB patch? you absolutely must use it, there is no two ways about it. i still get occasional CTDs on campaign map as you described, when scrolling through building etc, but it has totally eliminated battle related crashes for me, and not only in EB.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

I had the date issue too. I dunno I must have just installed it completely wrong if you're steam shortcut is working. Yeah I used the 4gb patch, but I'm unsure now was it a 2gb patch by mistake? (if thats a thing????) Anyway I'm just going to completely uninstall and when the new patch is out I'll do everything from scratch again with updated links. And I won't forget to make sure its the 4gb patch I use. Cheers

Hello! I haven't played this mod since 2017 and just came back to check on what's going on here. I just wanted to thank you for all your work. It warms my heart to see this mod still alive after so many years. Will have to reinstall this when 2.35A comes out.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Hello! I haven't played this mod since 2017 and just came back to check on what's going on here. I just wanted to thank you for all your work. It warms my heart to see this mod still alive after so many years. Will have to reinstall this when 2.35A comes out.
    We all hope that you'd update your guide then! It's useful for all Med2 players, not only EBII.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    where would they fit chronologically - early on, closer to the end of the timeline or somewhere in between? Ive recorded a few and wondering where the new ones go as I wanted to return to them at some point and complete the 'historical battles' series.
    Further down the timeline, and also into other places too. The aim has always been that they'd act as a "prologue" to the main campaign, showing you what happened leading up to the start date.

Coming up in the patch: faction re-emergence that actually works. Thanks to Erken for rewriting it, after I'd given up on it.

Coming up in the patch: faction re-emergence that actually works. Thanks to Erken for rewriting it, after I'd given up on it.
    Splendid news!!! Looking forward to coming up patch, and thank you very much to both.