Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    but thanks to all for the excellent patch. the celt voices sound a lot more like an actual language, although the voice behind them is more fitting for an elf-like faction, not very aggressive! though i like the laughing they have. awesome stuff. looking forward to the VENETI dedicated faction in aremorika .
    Have you clicked on hostile Celts on the strat map yet? They sound pretty evil...

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Congrats guys might have to give it ago after i had my yearly run of EB 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Have you clicked on hostile Celts on the strat map yet? They sound pretty evil...
    nope! looking forward to that. first time i played this game and clicked on a hostile roman army, i absolutely felt afraid.. TVRPISSIME BARBARE! that's some good immersion there!

is this true in practice? my unit cards show all celt units (or the ones i have looked at in passing) have charge values of 1..
    I think the charge values that appear in the unit cards belong to the primary missile weapons and not to the melee charge.

I do have mixed feelings about the prec. It's great for Gallic furor type charges and ambushes but I do miss a it the old missile exchange before the main battleline clash.... And I've seen a couple units freezing,l (nothing really scandalous).
    You can't have everything at the same time I guess.

- On an unrelated note, are the new regional Germanic units only available from allied governments? IMO it creates a bit of an awkward situation when you're establishing Chatti (or Chauci etc.) settlements with a "type I" or "type II" factional government but can't recruit the corresponding warriors from there.
    Awkward indeed.
    Last edited by Rad; December 06, 2018 at 02:52 PM.

There's some units (mostly newer ones AFAIK, e.g Frisian skirmishers) that lack a name headline and a descriptive text in the viewer. I've also found one late-era unit for Boii, Lougiones and Suebi that doesn't display at all. Its thumbnail is a half-naked dude with a grey beard and a striped shield.
    Sounds like a problem reading the text string files, if the names aren't showing either. I didn't think the RV was release-specific, but I could be wrong.

You mean entire new tribes, i.e. Frisians, Scandinavians, and Lombards? I thought the new units were just meant to flesh out the profile of existing ones. I haven't taken many provinces yet but I can only recruit Frisian guys in Denmark/Frisia if I build an allied government, and I can't get Chatti units from the Chatti factional building in the starting province or in Erkuni (haven't taken the Chatti homeland province yet).
    It's to do with the way the Sweboz recruitment works. They don't get their units from governments, but from the tribal buildings. Those buildings are in a completely different part of the EDB to the governments, which is why I overlooked them when doing all the rest of the recruitment.

I added the Chatti to them, but not the others. Note the Chatti Veterans are a late unit, you won't see them for a long time. Same goes the Lombards.

is this true in practice? my unit cards show all celt units (or the ones i have looked at in passing) have charge values of 1.
    The output of unit cards includes a fair amount of garbage. Charge values of 1 are for the primary weapon (javelin) which is wrong in any case, since it's actually 0, but the game won't display that.

Why is it that, whilst for nearly every single other faction upgrading a camp requires only the basic Military Occupation, pre-reform Numidia requires that Governed Tribes - which requires 50% Steppe Nomadism - be built?

Laetus

At my first winter season I had info about the cursus honorum, but it was to late to read it all. Is this the same info like in the player guide 2.35? If not where I can found it, to read this in free time?

Hi
    Long time lurker, long time player since early days of EB1
    I have to say this version is superb, there will be little niggles and items still under development BUT as a stage of development the game is (Playing H/H) more immersive, more engaging, more interesting, visually georgeous and as always each time you see an info screen you learn, or relearn, something.
    I really love the aggresive NP element, the battles are even more intense and the AI more aggressive and reactive, the diplomacy is far more interesting and I am trying to use it more (just traded my first ceasefire treaty for a city), the unit mix and balance in opposition stacks has gone up another level and looks far more realistic, and to equalise this my recruitment is more balanced in that it is harder to stack out your unit stacks with elites, the end turn time for me has decrease from 4-6 minutes to around 1 minute meaning my cafeen levels are returning to normal.
    I would pay a lot for this game.
    My only observation at the minute is pirate navies (and like a lot the new naval units/balance) still spawn in the lake outside nikai. But it was killed off by two storms in close succession.....is this a design feature?

As the Boii, the new voice lines for th3 Celts are too low to hear. I had to zoom in close to the unit with the music volume at 70% and I still could hardly hear it.

It's a stark contrast with the old voice where you can hear thrm even when zoomed out and viewing the whole map.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

athanaric

I am Georgian I know Georgian History, Georgian Grammar and ​I am Illustrator.

Please fix in Game :

about Caucasian Iberians Unit
    1. Caucasian Iberians (kartlians) were Effective Spearmens and sword fighter. Not throwing a javelins
    2."Kartveni mehomni" is incorrect name , is right "Kartleli Meomrebi"
    deleted Horny helmets, that Shields and Clothes
    4.fix name -
    "kartveleni" is not correct name - correct is "Kartlelebi"

about colchis
    Colchian light warrior used to shorts spears and axe , leather covered round medium shield - like Like Cappadocians. ( If you want to add)
    deleted bumps on helmets in Colchian hoplite

about chalybes
    1.chalybes were Cholchis tribe . ancestors of the Laz people https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchis
    2.they used round leather covered shields , two javelins and falcata type swords. armor were flax, Skirts were Spinning flax ropes.

I draw all
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 07, 2018 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging_Ferret View Post
    My only observation at the minute is pirate navies (and like a lot the new naval units/balance) still spawn in the lake outside nikai. But it was killed off by two storms in close succession.....is this a design feature?
    Yes, fleets spamming in lakes is a problem of the engine that we can't solve but the storms are the way to fix it. In addition, pirate fleets around the campaign map are destroyed from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Please fix in Game :

about Caucasian Iberians Unit
    1. Caucasian Iberians (kartlians) were Effective Spearmens and sword fighter. Not throwing a javelins
    2."Kartveni mehomni" is incorrect name , is right "Kartleli Meomrebi"
    deleted Horny helmets, that Shields and Clothes
    4.fix name -
    "kartveleni" is not correct name - correct is "Kartlelebi"

about colchis
    Colchian light warrior used to shorts spears and axe , leather covered round medium shield - like Like Cappadocians. ( If you want to add)
    deleted bumps on helmets in Colchian hoplite

about chalybes
    1.chalybes were Cholchis tribe . ancestors of the Laz people https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchis
    2.they used round leather covered shields , two javelins and falcata type swords. armor were flax, Skirts were Spinning flax ropes.
    If you want those changes to apply to the game please send more information regarding why they should change, with websites, articles related to that, tombs info, whatever is usefull, wikipedia is not enough.

By the way, good work on the drawings!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Lusitanio

Weapons and Armor in Georgia 5 BC-4 AD. in georgian and english language

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i932b6...%2590.pdf/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyqld1..._2018.pdf/file

https://www.academia.edu/37606529/IB...=weekly_digest

Iberia was a kingdom And was an ally of Rome.

Last edited by Khevsur; December 07, 2018 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's to do with the way the Sweboz recruitment works. They don't get their units from governments, but from the tribal buildings. Those buildings are in a completely different part of the EDB to the governments, which is why I overlooked them when doing all the rest of the recruitment.

I added the Chatti to them, but not the others. Note the Chatti Veterans are a late unit, you won't see them for a long time. Same goes the Lombards.
    Can I manually add those lines (and if yes, which unit is available from which tribe?) and is it savegame compatible? Or should we wait for a patch?

athanaric

I am Georgian I know Georgian History, Georgian Grammar and ​I am Illustrator.
    Yeah, but are you taking into account that these unit names are supposed to be in ancient Georgian and not in the modern or even Medieval forms of the language?

Genava's Avatar Senator

Lusitanio

Weapons and Armor in Georgia 5 BC-4 AD. in georgian and english language

I know the language barrier is something difficult to get over, especially because I suffered of this problem when I was young (and still a bit now). You are trying to send a message and to give them information but you are sounding rough and impolite. If I can suggest you something, I suggest you to write a small text with a good structure and a proper introduction of yourself and of the problematic. Don't try to solve all the problems you are suspecting, pick only one or two things for the first time. I know, it will took you a lot of time but it is necessary to be heard properly. When your text is done, send it in a private message to someone of the team (Quintus for example), he will transmit your message to the others. You should realize that history is not a neutral subject, there is a lot of amateurism and political manipulation and the team is always suspicious to avoid any trouble. You need to create a kind of trust to transmit your information.

Don't hesitate to use online translator like google or DeepL. Everybody used them, there is no shame.

You are probably the only one to be able to read Georgian. You should specify clearly that the english parts are at the end of the documents.

I am not a member of the team, it is only a friendly advice.

Best,

Genava
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Can I manually add those lines (and if yes, which unit is available from which tribe?) and is it savegame compatible? Or should we wait for a patch?
    You could do it yourself, though you'd have to understand how to use hidden_resources and apply the appropriate event_counters where there are late units. Either way, it wouldn't be savegame compatible.

Hello
    thank you guys for this amazing work!!!
    Is there still the "forced diplomacy" in version 2.35?
    If that's the case, how does it work?
    I'm waiting your answer.

Greetings fans and mods,
    3 daysn ow i am trying to install the game but i always get the corrupt file notice!!i am trying t download it from the torrent setup link and the specific fi.e that i get the warning of corruption is the sfx/knife.hitwood.
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu57700 View Post
    Hello
    thank you guys for this amazing work!!!
    Is there still the "forced diplomacy" in version 2.35?
    If that's the case, how does it work?
    I'm waiting your answer.
    Make your offer, click the question mark in the top right, then propose said offer.