Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 429444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

QS. For those of us who are not aquainted with Torrent is it possible to divide the patch into Part 1 and Part 2 /

Thankyou.

PS Cant wait for it.

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    I wonder if these numbers are modifiable?
    Lol, yes I would like to have the option to upgrade every camp and town to Huge Cities right off the bat!
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

I am thinking of starting a new campaign. How do I remove banners, green lights and info about morale and stamina for units?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I am thinking of starting a new campaign. How do I remove banners, green lights and info about morale and stamina for units?
    You don't wait for the next release of the EBII? QS mentioned something about "uploading" a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    At least first one is in medieval2.preference.cfg and maybe in EBII.cfg files. You'll need to go through both, keep in mind that if an option is set in EBII.cfg, it will override the medieval2.preference.cfg for EBII.

@ Jurand:

If it's that close, I can wait

@Sar1n:

I managed to turn off the banners and the green lights. Thank you. I only need to remove the morale/stamina info now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You don't wait for the next release of the EBII? QS mentioned something about "uploading" a few days ago.
    It's not that close, that was just a bit of an update. We haven't playtested the current build in a while, that comes before any release.

I found it how to turn off morale and stamina info. Go to medieval 2 preferences file and set show_tooltips to 0.

The player's guide says that characters are supposed to start the second level of druidic education in a settlement different from the one they finished their first level of druidic education.

However, two of my FMs are currently undergoing the second level of druidic education in the same settlement they finished their first level of druidic education.

What's happening? Is the info from the guide incorrect or is the mechanic bugged?

EDIT: I found the answer in the in-game description. One can receive both levels of druidic training in the same settlement, the FM just needs to leave the settlement and expend movement points to be able to trigger the next level of education.
    Last edited by Rad; March 19, 2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's not that close, that was just a bit of an update. We haven't playtested the current build in a while, that comes before any release.
    Not to sound rude, or with a "give me attitude" but in this release will we get pre patch notes? I see all the new units, And city models, and damage changes to the models during sieges. Which are great and im excited for this. I also remember we had a Poll for the last faction to be used for "scripting" purposes so we could have more Rebellions. Will this feature be in the next update?? or even just a introduction to it? or is that further down the road.

I finally bought Atilla total war, and this is first time CA has ever added in civil wars or rebellions since Medieval 1 total war! I think EB would benefit greatly from having civil wars.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    Not to sound rude, or with a "give me attitude" but in this release will we get pre patch notes? I see all the new units, And city models, and damage changes to the models during sieges. Which are great and im excited for this. I also remember we had a Poll for the last faction to be used for "scripting" purposes so we could have more Rebellions. Will this feature be in the next update?? or even just a introduction to it? or is that further down the road.

I finally bought Atilla total war, and this is first time CA has ever added in civil wars or rebellions since Medieval 1 total war! I think EB would benefit greatly from having civil wars.
    Not to sound rude either, but it would be wonderful to have civil wars in EBII (unfortunately, don't have the knowledge to propose an implementation): https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...l-Wars-in-EBII

Isn't there already a quasi-civil war system with the Seleucids if you don't manage your court and certain requirements are met after your FH succeeds your FL? Or is that a strange fever dream I had?

The second and third tier of Celtic schools don't have an upkeep cost. Is that intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post

No new factions in the patch, that's for the next full release. Revolts have been completely reworked in the patch, instead of the hardcoded "bandit" spawns, there's now a script which spawns small, province-appropriate armies at random. It replaces the old "Troublesome Regions" script.

I could attempt to get a changelog together before the patch drops, while we're playtesting. It's rather long...

I installed 2.35 (I have not installed any prior versions), and want to make sure I did not screw up some where. When looking over the campaign map, there is no Jerusalem. Is that correct?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It replaces the old "Troublesome Regions" script.
    But the TR script is about public order but not about rebelions? Does it mean that it's going to be easier to keep order in those settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I installed 2.35 (I have not installed any prior versions), and want to make sure I did not screw up some where. When looking over the campaign map, there is no Jerusalem. Is that correct?
    Correct, Hierosolyma (Jerusalem) was nowhere near as important at this time as Ptolemais-Akko (Acre).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    But the TR script is about public order but not about rebelions? Does it mean that it's going to be easier to keep order in those settlements?
    It's not an either/or, the TR script disrupted public order through rebellions. An alternative way of thinking about the new revolts script is that now everywhere has a flavour of that, but the hardcoded bandit spawns should almost never happen.

Okay, obviously I'm not getting something here. I'm trying Carthage. I've got several family members in Carthage so they will get elected as generals, none of them are getting elected though, (Hanno and the faction leader are the only family members that are not rejected, and the FL is useless as a general, since he has all those movement penalties). Also Atig does not increase in population beyond 5000, how do I get it to grow (it says it is growing, but it doesn't)?
    Last edited by Infidel144; March 24, 2020 at 12:16 AM.

The general is better chosen by the script, otherwise the Carthage gameplay gets ludicrously reactive. You start at "State of War" with a general already at Syracuse. Only when his mandate is over (several turns without aggression) the slot will be vacant for you to manually chose your next general. Have in mind, though, you better have in mind BEFORE it happens who will be your general by checking their stats and making sure they are electable to the position in traits. If in that window you pick a candidate who is not electable, I believe, for that round of state of war, it will use the traditional Carthage election.

Considering this is one of the few offices you have some active control, though, I like to keep my general (or candidate) always at the head of an army and either close to or moving towards the frontline. When the aggression starts, I will elect him via script and he will already be close to the action. Have in mind that, while the general trait offers many interesting bonii, and not having a general or lieutenant trait offers many maluses, the biggest additions and reductions are in the Command stat. While it is fantastic for auto battles and allows night battles, Confidence is overall more useful in the battlefield when fighting manually, and a veteran commander will be able to keep a very high Confidence even without an office.

Finally, regarding Atig, no idea. I find it a bit hard to grow these cities. I think you will either have to get a pop growth temple (Fertility or Agriculture) or keep governors there with Supervisor (Satisfied) or Humanitarian to fight off the Famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Okay, obviously I'm not getting something here. I'm trying Carthage. I've got several family members in Carthage so they will get elected as generals, none of them are getting elected though, (Hanno and the faction leader are the only family members that are not rejected, and the FL is useless as a general, since he has all those movement penalties). Also Atig does not increase in population beyond 5000, how do I get it to grow (it says it is growing, but it doesn't)?
    It's hard at the beggining, especially since there is a age requirement for the military commands, so that the young FMs that you get at the beggining cannot be.
    It's not hard to increase Atig population beyond 5000, you just need to lower the taxes, right buildings and good general with bonus. Usually it grows even faster than Carthage for me because I normally have the taxes on the highest level for Carthage.