Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 328434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Lovely.

Any word on what's actually included in the next update? any gameplay changes or new mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by VoidsX View Post
    Any word on what's actually included in the next update? any gameplay changes or new mechanics?
    Yes and yes, loads of stuff.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Very laconic lol
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

He can do better than that

My potential successor and his trait rebelled, does it respawn on another FM? It seems i have to be able to choose my FL as carthage if i want the barcid expansion.

I feel like starting a new campaign...but I don't know if it's worth it. If new version will come soon...

And besides, I feel like playing either Romans or one of Iberian factions. And those are getting new stuff (even though Romans will get it probably just through AoR recruiting in Iberia).

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

twcenter working again
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Edit: Disregard this, it is large town minimum just saw the divider in the guide was quite hard to see.

Im finding a lot of the time my only choice for government type as Rome is a free city. Can someone explain what the requirements are for a "Provincia Romana" to become available because the guide just says its available outside Italy. Is it dependent on population or town size maybe?

I have played a bit of this mod before and know a character can get an ancillary for the governance of Sardinia for example which presumably requires that building, but again only a free city is available to build in Caralis and Aleria.
    Last edited by Martin N; February 19, 2020 at 05:38 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Edit: Disregard this, it is large town minimum just saw the divider in the guide was quite hard to see.

Im finding a lot of the time my only choice for government type as Rome is a free city. Can someone explain what the requirements are for a "Provincia Romana" to become available because the guide just says its available outside Italy. Is it dependent on population or town size maybe?

I have played a bit of this mod before and know a character can get an ancillary for the governance of Sardinia for example which presumably requires that building, but again only a free city is available to build in Caralis and Aleria.
    I think you need a Large Town at least. Below that only precursor, allied governments and Free city are available, and even free city is georaphically restricted.

We will either find a way, or make one.

apologies for posting it here. would anyone know what causes failure to start a new campaign? it worked just fine several months ago but now all over sudden I get this issue: each time I try to start a new game it simply returns me to main menu. Interestingly, old saves load just fine. tried both launching game from the steam and EB launch exe in the MTW2 folder. result is the same, return to the main menu instead of launching a new game. any ideas? and oddly enough in the video options it says my Kingdom version is 1.52. is there anything I can do apart from a clean reinstall? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    apologies for posting it here. would anyone know what causes failure to start a new campaign? it worked just fine several months ago but now all over sudden I get this issue: each time I try to start a new game it simply returns me to main menu. Interestingly, old saves load just fine. tried both launching game from the steam and EB launch exe in the MTW2 folder. result is the same, return to the main menu instead of launching a new game. any ideas? and oddly enough in the video options it says my Kingdom version is 1.52. is there anything I can do apart from a clean reinstall? thanks
    Weird, that suggests there's a problem with the current campaign files (which are only run when you start a new campaign) - most likely the descr_strat. With the old saves, it doesn't need to do anything with them, because they've already been compiled.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Weird, that suggests there's a problem with the current campaign files (which are only run when you start a new campaign) - most likely the descr_strat. With the old saves, it doesn't need to do anything with them, because they've already been compiled.
    thanks. can anyone share their descr_strat to test? im dreading going through the whole reinstallation business again.

Tiro

Downloading March 2nd 2020 AVE
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE

Just a bit of an update on the status of the patch. It's currently sitting at around 1GB, meaning it'll have to be a torrent job. There's been a delay in finalising it, because it is resident on my ancient rig which may be about to experience CPU fan failure. Once I get some time to open it up and poke around, we may get back on track.

Can anyone shed some light on how exactly how the Settlement Mechanics work.

So there are 6 levels of Settlements:
    Village (Settlement L1)
    Town (Settlement L2)
    Large town (Settlement L3)
    City (Settlement L4)
    Large City (Settlement L5)
    Huge City (Settlement L6)

1. Does anyone know at what population that you can upgrade each of the settlement levels?

And 5 levels Camps/Castles
    Motte & bailey "Small Camp" (Castle L1)
    Wooden Castle "Camp" (Castle L2)
    Castle "Large Camp" (Castle L3)
    Fortress “not present in EB2” (Castle L4)
    Citadel “not present in EB2” (Castle L5)

1. Same question as above. Do Castles upgrade based on population or is there another mechanic that delegates whether they upgrade or not?
    2. Additionally, how do the settlements and castles convert to one another? Do they just convert to the same level or do they convert to a lower level of the other?
    3. Are these mechanics different in EB2 as compared to M2TW?

The levels are at the bottom of the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml, if I'm remembering correctly. It's:
    800 for Town
    2000 for Large Town
    6000 for City
    12000 for Large City
    24000 for Huge City

Not sure what they are for camps.

Oof, I feel your pain, QS. Good luck fixing your rig! I hate digging around in mine to clear out dust. Always terrified it'll never start again.

It appears to all be working again, so we are back on track!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The levels are at the bottom of the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml, if I'm remembering correctly. It's:
    800 for Town
    2000 for Large Town
    6000 for City
    12000 for Large City
    24000 for Huge City

Not sure what they are for camps.

Thanks, I found it!

<population_levels>
    <!-- city -->
    <level name="village" base="400" upgrade="800" min="400" max="1500"/>
    <level name="town" base="800" upgrade="2000" min="400" max="3500"/>
    <level name="large_town" base="2000" upgrade="6000" min="400" max="9000"/>
    <level name="city" base="6000" upgrade="12000" min="400" max="18000"/>
    <level name="large_city" base="12000" upgrade="24000" min="400" max="36000"/>
    <level name="huge_city" base="24000" min="400" max="72000"/>
    <!-- castle -->
    <level name="moot_and_bailey" base="400" upgrade="800" min="400" max="1500"/>
    <level name="wooden_castle" base="800" upgrade="2000" min="400" max="3500"/>
    <level name="castle" base="2000" upgrade="6000" min="400" max="9000"/>
    <level name="fortress" base="4500" upgrade="9000" min="400" max="13500"/>
    <level name="citadel" base="9000" upgrade="18000" min="400" max="18000"/>

I wonder if these numbers are modifiable?