Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Looked at the script, it seems that the reform automatically occurs if the Saka are destroyed or hording. But there is no fallback date for the human player unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Looked at the script, it seems that the reform automatically occurs if the Saka are destroyed or hording. But there is no fallback date for the human player unfortunately.
    It's not a date-based reform, it's an experience-based one. Note the "battles against cataphracts" requirement is not limited to the Saka, any armies featuring any armoured cavalry will do.

What was the reasoning behind a unit of infantry stopping (as they are sprinting at an enemy) before they engage only to then charge again? I haven't played M2TW in about 10 years so i thought it was something to do with the engine but i booted up the original and it was seemingly a definite change. The Centurion and standard bearer carry on running so it looks kind of weird.
    Last edited by Martin N; September 28, 2019 at 06:13 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    What was the reasoning behind a unit of infantry stopping (as they are sprinting at an enemy) before they engage only to then charge again? I haven't played M2TW in about 10 years so i thought it was something to do with the engine but i booted up the original and it was seemingly a definite change. The Centurion and standard bearer carry on running so it looks kind of weird.
    No "reasoning", it's a charging bug with units that have a primary missile weapon. Should be improved in the upcoming patch, but ultimately M2TW wasn't designed with precursor weapons in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No "reasoning", it's a charging bug with units that have a primary missile weapon. Should be improved in the upcoming patch, but ultimately M2TW wasn't designed with precursor weapons in mind.
    Well that's much more understandable, it is what it is at that point then. I imagine the Pilum system especially had to be implemented entirely from scratch which is a feat in and of itself, would never be perfect. Engine still works much better than warscape with classical antiquity mind.

Edit: Been playing more today testing out infantry charges further and it appears the best way is to get the javelins off first and then they charge in a solid block (which actually makes sense). Found success with single alt right clicking too and letting them walk towards the enemy although that is inconsistent, sometimes they all fully charge, then at other times with only the front line while the rest creep forward.

Have one question though if you don't mind again, is the "Civitas Libera" building the highest tier of government the provinces its available in will ever have? Its the only options i have in Messana and Patavium specifically. I read the description as well and it talked about how it wont provide much economically or militarilly but it becomes more stable which doesn't sound ideal long term.
    Last edited by Martin N; September 29, 2019 at 02:44 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Have one question though if you don't mind again, is the "Civitas Libera" building the highest tier of government the provinces its available in will ever have? Its the only options i have in Messana and Patavium specifically. I read the description as well and it talked about how it wont provide much economically or militarilly but it becomes more stable which doesn't sound ideal long term.
    No it isn't. Read the player guide included in your installation for all the details on governments.

The Provinciae government is also available when it reaches a certain level of Romanisation, but it doesn't provide any recruitment until after the Marian reform.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just thought it was important to say, even after passing of time, what a great experience this version is. It has not gone un-noticed the rise in (family) dynastic members Seleukids named Antiokhos and Seleukhos royal names plus Demetrios and Alexandros. From a Seleukid players perspective .

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Just thought it was important to say, even after passing of time, what a great experience this version is. It has not gone un-noticed the rise in (family) dynastic members Seleukids named Antiokhos and Seleukhos royal names plus Demetrios and Alexandros. From a Seleukid players perspective .
    The Seleukids should be a bit more interesting in the patch, with at least the first Syrian War not being quite so phoney.

are there any plans on revamping hellenistic settlements? Not all, but settlements like Alexandria, Antiochia, Pergamon, Seleucia could do with a little improvement. I saw a post about a new model for Hadrumentum (with a citadel included) and that looked very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochos_hierax View Post
    are there any plans on revamping hellenistic settlements? Not all, but settlements like Alexandria, Antiochia, Pergamon, Seleucia could do with a little improvement. I saw a post about a new model for Hadrumentum (with a citadel included) and that looked very nice.
    Well, the team said some time ago about wanting to work on settlements for other factions and there is no doubt that the hellenistic settlements need to be improved. However, these things take months so don't expect anything soon, look at the Carthaginian settlements, they have been in conception at least since 2018, maybe even earlier and they are not finished yet.

Is it possible to transfer saves across installs? Where are they located? I moved my entire EB2 install folder on to a new SSD and Steam is a bit messed up as a consequence, it reads it in a different location and EB launcher can't find the install. So it looks like i have to redo it all which isn't so bad i guess as long as it doesn't mean starting again.

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

...\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii\saves\

It might be a good idea to take backup copies elsewhere, although I've never seen an unistallation delete them
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

On a different note, I was wondering if EB2 offers a cinematic editor, where replays can be used in more creative ways?

I note there are two files; launch-cine-edit.bat + launch-cine-render.bat. I wonder if theses appertain to a cinematic editor?

If they do, is there any information on how to set up and use the EB2 cinematic editor?

Thank you for any information.

I have noticed a small bug. When an enemy army is marching towards me, and I zoom over to them, I can hear the infantry moving but the cavalry is muted.

Lex

Currently a bit into an Aedui campaign, quickly took Auarikon and then the village to its northeast. Went Protectorate in the village and then after deciding not to save up money did so in Auarikon as well. The Arvernoi are breathing down my neck. We're not at war yet but I'm beginning to gather another army because I can't really afford to lose any settlements this early. So I figure I might as well move against them and bring them into my confederation.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

The Seleukids should be a bit more interesting in the patch, with at least the first Syrian War not being quite so phoney.
    Sounds very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochos_hierax View Post
    I like the idea of citadels for the Hellenistic cities. Maybe as building for the S
    trategic fortifications buldings.
    Last edited by tomySVK; November 06, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Just wanna say, I'm super impressed with the whole EBII trait system, not just the new stuff I've noticed for Koinon Hellenon, which I'm currently playing, with all the presbutes and archon traits, but even just the gigantic array of different ethnicities and how they affect character influence points, command and whatnot. For instance, the minute distinctions between returned Macedonians, highland/inland Macedonians, and coastal ones for the Makedonia faction, or the Macedonians, generic Greeks, Hellenized Egyptians, and non-Hellenized native Egyptians for the Ptolemies. It's really fun to read all of these too and get a glimpse into the world of the past and how it operated.

Laetus

@QuintusSertorius Thank you so much for the making of this mod.I have been playing it since it first came out.It was a way to get my mind off during the worst periods of my life,and conquering and winning hard battles was the only source of dopamine for me for a very long time.So this mod is special for me,thanks a lot for that . However i have 2 questions.

1.will there be a winter release this december? My campaings take many months to complete and if i start a new one now and there is a winter,i dont want to start conquering greece again within one month

2.is there a way i can change the flag of epirus? can i replace the image with another image or smth like that? i just want to change that dog into an owl or smth.For roleplay purposes would be amazing.

Thanks for your time

Laetus

hey quintus i asked you something on the post above this one...idk if you got the notification...i hope you give an answer.. thanks