Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Is there a reason why I cant raid some provinces ? Playing as Sweboz some 170 turns in and I cant raid neither the territory of the Treveri or the Region which represents modern Baden-Würtemberg, I own 7 provinces and both target provinces are in rebel hands.
    I'm not sure raiding works on Rebel provinces, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by boruto View Post
    Hi, can anyone confirm if EB2 2.35 is compatible with the Battle Editor? I've only heard about 2.2B compatibility.
    It's partially compatible, we've been using it to make the Historical Battles. If that's what you're doing, some changes are easier to do directly in the text files.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Landa Peloigoi (sp ?) and other rebel held provinces were raidable, some are not for some reason.

Any more Celtic units coming up by the next release?

Does anyone knows what was the state of the Nuragic forts in Sardinia in 272 BC? Where the ruins or still being used by the natives?

Foederatus

I tried to playing as Sarmatians, but quickly realized that they have no sound, so I was wondering: which factions are more complete, which ones less?

Re-emergence script is crippled part of stuff in this mod really. Saka Rauka campaign is enough chalenging and bothering on its own, but what i don't understand entirely is, why the hell i got kicked from my city with 100% po, while rest of my cities with lowest taxation have above 80( or even with normal or high), and Bactria is getting second breath w/o reason with full stack of reasonable army..... this is something i absolutely don't like and imo is beyond chalenge and corrupt gameplay. i think scripted half stacks of rebels capable of laying a siege on poorly garrisoned cities are enough on its own, once a player get from those debts with remaining few horsemen.

But i don't want only criticize. Some post above asked a question why some regions are not raid-able. I have found, that undeveloped eleutheroi towns without any farm building can't simply be devastated. it goes same for a player. apisthamenoi stacks also can't devastate my region without farm, which is good tip for factions which are going to fall into huge debts( pontos, saka) or are surrounded by huge ele stacks. its possibly better even destroy already built farms( which yield few hunders) and exchange some population for devastation roughly surrpasing possible outcome.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 02, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cecxla View Post
    I tried to playing as Sarmatians, but quickly realized that they have no sound, so I was wondering: which factions are more complete, which ones less?
    What do you mean, they have no sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    Re-emergence script is crippled part of stuff in this mod really. Saka Rauka campaign is enough chalenging and bothering on its own, but what i don't understand entirely is, why the hell i got kicked from my city with 100% po, while rest of my cities with lowest taxation have above 80( or even with normal or high), and Bactria is getting second breath w/o reason with full stack of reasonable army..... this is something i absolutely don't like and imo is beyond chalenge and corrupt gameplay. i think scripted half stacks of rebels capable of laying a siege on poorly garrisoned cities are enough on its own, once a player get from those debts with remaining few horsemen.
    Faction re-emergence is not going away. If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to remove that section of the script in your own installation.

But i don't want only criticize. Some post above asked a question why some regions are not raid-able. I have found, that undeveloped eleutheroi towns without any farm building can't simply be devastated. it goes same for a player. apisthamenoi stacks also can't devastate my region without farm, which is good tip for factions which are going to fall into huge debts( pontos, saka) or are surrounded by huge ele stacks. its possibly better even destroy already built farms( which yield few hunders) and exchange some population for devastation roughly surrpasing possible outcome.
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    What do you mean, they have no sound?

Faction re-emergence is not going away. If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to remove that section of the script in your own installation.

That makes sense.
    I don't want it to go away. Just don't understand a mechanic. Every faction get 1 more chance regardless of no city revolt? And how many chances each faction get? Because in my previous gameplay with Pergamon,i saw Seleucids conquered and destroyed India, then they re-emerged few times after, and were destroyed again. this happened maybe 3 times, after that whenever Taksashila or Sagala revolted, only eleutheroi appeared.

I don't want it to go away. Just don't understand a mechanic. Every faction get 1 more chance regardless of no city revolt? And how many chances each faction get? Because in my previous gameplay with Pergamon,i saw Seleucids conquered and destroyed India, then they re-emerged few times after, and were destroyed again. this happened maybe 3 times, after that whenever Taksashila or Sagala revolted, only eleutheroi appeared.
    If you fail to keep order in the old heartland of a dead faction, they can rise again. That's it. The mechanic is broken, however, and doesn't always spawn where it is supposed to.

That's still better than the alternative, that factions can be wiped out making the game much easier, and blitzing a viable choice.

If you fail to keep order in the old heartland of a dead faction, they can rise again. That's it. The mechanic is broken, however, and doesn't always spawn where it is supposed to.

That's still better than the alternative, that factions can be wiped out making the game much easier, and blitzing a viable choice.
    Yes, but Bactria re-emerged without me having po problems anywhere. that is what i don't understand.i should have keep save if that could help to solve some problems

Yes, but Bactria re-emerged without me having po problems anywhere. that is what i don't understand.i should have keep save if that could help to solve some problems
    Who holds their old capital? As I said, the re-emergence mechanic is broken in terms of where a faction respawns (the army is always in the right place, but the settlement isn't always).

Foederatus

By sound I mean voice acting.

Who holds their old capital? As I said, the re-emergence mechanic is broken in terms of where a faction respawns (the army is always in the right place, but the settlement isn't always).
    I hold it. i reloaded it 3 times, because i thought it is a bug without me having public order problems. First time they did get Bactria, then Oscobara then Shahr, all cities kept by me.

Happened to me when I captured Athens as the Seleucids. Koinon Hellenon spawned at least 2-3 times and usually one of my settlements with the lowest po would automatically go to them

Which settlement is Khiva? And which file i should look into when i want to see those settlement name transitions from greek to eastern names? Ancient Khiva just doesn't exist in a game, so i suppose i should capture one city of today uzbekistan.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 07, 2019 at 01:12 PM.

Which settlement is Khiva? And which file i should look into when i want to see those settlement name transitions from greek to eastern names? Ancient Khiva just doesn't exist in a game, so i suppose i should capture one city of today uzbekistan.
    Khorasmia. Settlement renaming mechanics is governed by ..\ebii\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Hi, could anyone explain to me how exactly that mechanism works which lets you recruit a local general/client ruler only once? And sometimes you can choose between 2 kinds of bodyguard. Are there whole scripts at work or just some tweaks in the EDB/EDU files?
    I could swear I had seen that info somewhere some time ago, but can't find it again. In my memory it was beautifully simple - like setting maximum unit number in the EDB at 0.9 with starting number 1, so a unit was recruitable once but never again for not regaining the full point. When I tried to implement this over at Stainless Steel it didn't work though Probbaly the game doesn't accept 1 start unit above the 0.9 max. So was my memory just fooling me? Wishfull thinking perhaps...

Oh yeah needless to say EB II is fantastic and totally blew my mind with the complexity of its government systems and all that. Thanks to everyone who helped making that happen!

Hi guys, could someone pls explain to me how that mechanism works which lets you recruit a local general/client ruler unit only once per building? Is it scripted or just tweaked recruitment pool in the EDB?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by watao View Post
    Hi guys, could someone pls explain to me how that mechanism works which lets you recruit a local general/client ruler unit only once per building? Is it scripted or just tweaked recruitment pool in the EDB?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    They come from the Allied State building, the second tier in the Allied Government chain. To get another one, you have to demolish the building and start again.

It's a recruit_pool with a refresh of 0.01, with hidden_resource combos to limit the overlap between types across regions.

Just about to start a new campaign. Is there anything/anyone you would like feedback on? Or anything in particular? Ta