Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    But then it would be out of place in Italy, Greece and all the other lands :/
    Well not so much that that happens, just to something more (for lack of a better word) "generic".

Guys hi yet again!

So I've noticed my cities in italy stalling quite a bit and just rome reached the huge city status so far. Meanwhile cities elsewhere, sicily, hispania, cisalpine gaul, have started upgrading by now. I've built everything except mines and the new government. Is this normal guys?

Also, Aleria is just a flimsy city, there seems no way for the population to build in that place. The public order was also very bad but somewhat stabilized lately.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by jace666 View Post
    Guys hi yet again!

So I've noticed my cities in italy stalling quite a bit and just rome reached the huge city status so far. Meanwhile cities elsewhere, sicily, hispania, cisalpine gaul, have started upgrading by now. I've built everything except mines and the new government. Is this normal guys?

Also, Aleria is just a flimsy city, there seems no way for the population to build in that place. The public order was also very bad but somewhat stabilized lately.
    Doesn't sound normal to me since all of my core Italian provinces are huge cities (I'm also playing as the Romani). If there's a problem with population growth, you need to stick some of the best governors you have in some of your Italian cities and they will definitely upgrade to huge cities within 50 turns or so. The governors need traits that improve population growth, of course and if necessary public order at the same time, because things can get out of hand, even in cities close to Rome, especially Tarentum and Rhegium.

Have you tried not taxing your core provinces to the death?

You need good governors with pro-growth traits to get beyond City size.

My taxes have never gone beyond low in the entire game pretty much and im currently trying to give huge amounts of money away every turn to not surpass 50k.

Ill try to search for the growth traits then among my governors, hopefully I get there before turn 500 haha. By the way, do you need 3 lati in greece as well as 7 in italy to trigger the marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by jace666 View Post
    My taxes have never gone beyond low in the entire game pretty much and im currently trying to give huge amounts of money away every turn to not surpass 50k.

Ill try to search for the growth traits then among my governors, hopefully I get there before turn 500 haha. By the way, do you need 3 lati in greece as well as 7 in italy to trigger the marian reforms?
    No, you don't need Latifundae in Greece any more, that was an error in 2.3.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Hi Quintus. Just to update you on the Egypt thing with Rome, once again you can build a provincial government at Memphis, but all other settlements in Egypt seem to only allow you to build allied governments. Strangely enough, I had a governor with imperium sitting in Memphis who gained the "Africa Nova" ("New Africa") ancillary + Rector Provinciae trait that I thought was exclusive to Libya (as the Maghreb region allows governors with imperium to gain the "Africa Vetus" province, or "Older Africa" province ancillary). It's a shame that the Roman provincial governor trait for Egypt isn't working in the current build.

Also, do my generals have to be celebrated triumphators (i.e. completed a triumphal celebration in Rome) before being given the chance to raise their trait of "vanquisher" to "conqueror" + the epithet for whatever civilization you triumphed over (i.e. "Africanus" for Carthage, "Germanicus" for Sweboz, "Macedonicus" for Makedonia, "Asiaticus" for Seleucids, etc.)? Can they actually gain the conqueror trait and epithet before returning to Rome for the triumph? I need to know, because my current faction leader is in his early 60s and I don't want to waste time sending him back and forth from the frontier with the Sweboz before he has a chance to gain the trait and epithet as Germanicus. If I do that he'll probably die long before he has a chance.

Just started a Roman campaign - inspired by RV.

I have a few questions.
    My Proconsul is off fighting those pesky Gauls in the north. All I have left for the south is one Praetor. I know he has Imperium, but I'm not totally sure about the extent of his military authority. Would he historically be allowed to conquer new areas, or was his Imperium defensive in nature? I'm aiming to clear Epeiros from Italy and take back that other city from the rebel army.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Just started a Roman campaign - inspired by RV.

I have a few questions.
    My Proconsul is off fighting those pesky Gauls in the north. All I have left for the south is one Praetor. I know he has Imperium, but I'm not totally sure about the extent of his military authority. Would he historically be allowed to conquer new areas, or was his Imperium defensive in nature? I'm aiming to clear Epeiros from Italy and take back that other city from the rebel army.
    A praetor was only allowed a praetorian army, which is half the size of a consular one (one legion and one ala, rather than two of each). That should give an easy guide as to what he is capable of doing.

Does closed oligarchy on a settlement have a limit?

i remember in my last play with roma having 2 closed oligarchy states where the settlement produced that FM from the region

and other than that i didnt work on other settlements? does it have some limitation or what could be the reason for no fm to pop out? because i put the roman fm out of the settlement in time always before the allied goverment gets done

Quote Originally Posted by BasilHawkins View Post
    Does closed oligarchy on a settlement have a limit?

i remember in my last play with roma having 2 closed oligarchy states where the settlement produced that FM from the region

and other than that i didnt work on other settlements? does it have some limitation or what could be the reason for no fm to pop out? because i put the roman fm out of the settlement in time always before the allied goverment gets done
    Limit of what? Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Limit of what? Sorry, I don't understand the question.
    no no i apologize for not making it clearer mate

i mean that getting a settlement to closed oligarchy to get the "foreign" govenour doesnt seem to work everywhere

for example it worked 2 times for me in Boii territory i had 2 noble boi lords who oversaw their region for rome
    when i wanted to get it in Knossos for making a puppet state the gouvenour/lord from that region does not appear does not appear :/

The Client Ruler comes from the Allied State level of the building, and has to be recruited. They don't appear automatically.

Furthermore, if you've sacked the settlement, you may have depleted the recruitment pool for the place, meaning they will take a long time to reappear.

i feel like i have to share this: really impressed with how rebels operate in 2.35. they literally came alive. i took Pontus and Sweboz for a short trial and those rebels act very engagingly. you can no loner rely on their stupidity and passivity and ignore them in the vicinity of your settlement whilst you go province hunting. local rebel armies quickly converge on you and require careful consideration before any grand plans for conquests can be executed. they consistently came to siege my capital the moment i sent my army away. absolutely love it. thanks for this. just imagine what a fully functional not confined to a single locale rebel faction could do. that would be a different game all together.

I'm slowly moving into Cisalpine Gaul - should I install Civitas Libera or Provincia governments?

Civitas Libre

Provinciae will give you no recruitment until after the Marian reforms.

What's the more historically accurate solution?

Venetia could be a free city, everything else looks like provincia material - am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    What's the more historically accurate solution?

Venetia could be a free city, everything else looks like provincia material - am I right?
    Allied Government or Free City.

The Provinciae is not an immediate, post-conquest government. It's something the Republic did very reluctantly when they realised the locals weren't able to run things for themselves any more.