Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536373853 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

I just realised that I need to crush Pontos, Makedonia and the Grey Death in under 700 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroclassicist View Post
    Pergamon should probably have access to the more advanced ships then. It is clear from early on the Attalids were interested in securing the timber and pitch of Mt Ida e.g. the early foundation of the garrison of Philetaireia, and the new inscription from Antandros, most likely from the early 230s is further evidence of early Attalid garrisoning and control of this territory and city, repeatedly noted in earlier histories as a good place for shipbuilding) - as John Ma says in his chapter in Attalid Asia Minor ed. Thonemann, pp.61-62
    Well argued; after discussion, Pergamon joins the list of places able to build War Fleets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I just realised that I need to crush Pontos, Makedonia and the Grey Death in under 700 turns.
    You don't need to crush them at all.

But I do.

Hi again guys!

So im in turn 151 now and ive not seen the polybian reforms showing up yet... are these the conditions?

"Polybian Reform
    - Will happen past turn 100 if the player has had at least 4 large battles (enemy has over 12 units) in Cisalpine Gaul (Felsina, Segesta, Medilanon, Patavium, Massalia, Segestica, Dalminion) and at least 5 large land battles (over 12 enemy units) against Carthage. They have to be fought on the battlemap to be counted. Be warned, the battles possibly need to be initiated by you to count.
    -It can also trigger after turn 150 if they hold Felsina, Segesta, Patava, Messana, Syrakousai and Lilybaion.
    - Will happen automatically at turn 249 if the conditions above are not met."

I dont really know where segesta is located but ive conquered everything that seems reasonable at this point. I also thought i had all those battles under my belt already before!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Well, it looks like you'll have to wait another hundred turns, because you failed to conquer Liguria in northwestern Italy, the site of Segesta Tigullorum, modern Sestri Levante, south of Genoa. How do you miss that? As the Roman faction, I'm actually surprised you haven't taken northern Italy by turn 150. Do you also not have Syrakousai and Lilybaion in Sicily? It doesn't matter what you think is "reasonable", it matters what will trigger the reforms based on Rome's historical territories by this point in time.

I was lucky enough to get my Polybian reforms at turn 100. I'm not sure I would bother waiting 150 more turns for them. I'd start a new campaign in that situation. Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Conan has been learning from Genghis Khan, I see.

So Bagiennorum? I conquered that ages ago, i even have Massalia!

This is my map: https://imgur.com/a/d4UTst6

Not gonna restart by the way, I was actually aiming for the Marian reforms down the road, are they not implemented yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Conan has been learning from Genghis Khan, I see.
    And I have been learning from Conan

Quote Originally Posted by jace666 View Post
    So Bagiennorum? I conquered that ages ago, i even have Massalia!

This is my map: https://imgur.com/a/d4UTst6

Not gonna restart by the way, I was actually aiming for the Marian reforms down the road, are they not implemented yet?
    After turn 150, not immediately on turn 150 itself. It might take a turn or two afterward before it triggers.

The Marian reforms are implemented. They won't become available even at their earliest until after turn 500.

Just got em. Damn those units look good.

Excited to try and go all the way this time with the sweet working diplomacy and no elite spam from the ai, i never managed to on EB1.

Are there going to be more factional units for the Getai?.

Like the Agema Orditon or the Dacian Heavy Phalanx?

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Hi,

Would giving "Xanthippos" the Client Ruler trait work properly? Was thinking of making him the ruler of Syrakuse has a reward for services given

Excited to try and go all the way this time with the sweet working diplomacy and no elite spam from the ai, i never managed to on EB1.
    The only faction capable of elite spam are the Rebels, and even that is curtailed a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Are there going to be more factional units for the Getai?.

Like the Agema Orditon or the Dacian Heavy Phalanx?
    Yes, the Getai have more heavy infantry to come.

The "heavy" phalanx is already there, it's an armour upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Hi,

Would giving "Xanthippos" the Client Ruler trait work properly? Was thinking of making him the ruler of Syrakuse has a reward for services given
    You'd need to remove the FamilyTracker trait as well as adding the appropriate Client Ruler ones.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I just want to say that I'm massively impressed with how the EBII team has re-skinned and re-textured the "Hellenistic Infantry Hoplitai" unit, getting rid of the old EBI placeholder. They look so stellar! I'm just glad that I'm able to recruit them as Rome. It makes me want to play another Hellenistic faction after my Roman campaign, although that'll be a very long time from now. All of the other new units look amazing too, like those Noricum swordsmen. I took a peek at how they look after their Celtic armor reforms and wow do they look great decked out in chain mail, colorful capes, and late iron helmets!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    After turn 150, not immediately on turn 150 itself. It might take a turn or two afterward before it triggers.

The Marian reforms are implemented. They won't become available even at their earliest until after turn 500.
    Well I'm glad that all got sorted out. Enjoy the Polybian units! You'll have them for hundreds of turns before the Marian Reforms kick in, if you have Latifundiae level farms in six or seven (can't remember) core factional provinces of Italy with Latin constitutions. Unfortunately that means upgrading past the Socii Italici government type, meaning your cool Italian allies will start to disappear, like the Pedites Extraordinarii and the Cohors Sociorum. It's the price we pay, though, for finally reaching those gorgeous and nearly unstoppable Marian era units. Seriously, there's like 40 more guys in each unit compared to the Polybian & Camillan era units. If you have the aforementioned farms you can get them in about the 140s BC I think, but if you fail to do that it's like 107 BC, which would be over 600 turns. Yikes!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

This was perhaps discussed in the past, but I'd like to know the official position of the team: having produced so many assets (units, mechanisms, buildings) for the EBII that come into play only after hundred(s) of turns, was the team considering making another campaign setting starting sometimes later (say 230 or 200 BC)? Or smaller campaigns set only in a part of the map, similar to those in RTR VII?
    (ehm, maybe this entry should be made in the thread on horrible suggestion, I don't know...)

I just want to say that I'm massively impressed with how the EBII team has re-skinned and re-textured the "Hellenistic Infantry Hoplitai" unit, getting rid of the old EBI placeholder. They look so stellar! I'm just glad that I'm able to recruit them as Rome. It makes me want to play another Hellenistic faction after my Roman campaign, although that'll be a very long time from now. All of the other new units look amazing too, like those Noricum swordsmen. I took a peek at how they look after their Celtic armor reforms and wow do they look great decked out in chain mail, colorful capes, and late iron helmets!
    As an aside, it was playing a pseudo-Pergamon Roman client kingdom in EB1 that first switched me on to the Hellenistic factions, and from there I abandoned Rome altogether. Haven't played them since.

Well I'm glad that all got sorted out. Enjoy the Polybian units! You'll have them for hundreds of turns before the Marian Reforms kick in, if you have Latifundiae level farms in six or seven (can't remember) core factional provinces of Italy with Latin constitutions. Unfortunately that means upgrading past the Socii Italici government type, meaning your cool Italian allies will start to disappear, like the Pedites Extraordinarii and the Cohors Sociorum. It's the price we pay, though, for finally reaching those gorgeous and nearly unstoppable Marian era units. Seriously, there's like 40 more guys in each unit compared to the Polybian & Camillan era units. If you have the aforementioned farms you can get them in about the 140s BC I think, but if you fail to do that it's like 107 BC, which would be over 600 turns. Yikes!
    Yes, for the sake of preserving the Polybian roster and keeping the ultra-easy Roman late game at bay for as long as possible, you need to reach at least turn 500 before the Marian reforms are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    This was perhaps discussed in the past, but I'd like to know the official position of the team: having produced so many assets (units, mechanisms, buildings) for the EBII that come into play only after hundred(s) of turns, was the team considering making another campaign setting starting sometimes later (say 230 or 200 BC)? Or smaller campaigns set only in a part of the map, similar to those in RTR VII?
    (ehm, maybe this entry should be made in the thread on horrible suggestion, I don't know...)
    Not really, the main mod is more than enough work already. Perhaps at a much later date we might do that, and we'd encourage anyone who wants to do that for their own submods.

Though personally, I'd be more interested in putting my efforts into something earlier than the start, rather than later, possibly even putting it at 323BC with the death of Megas Alexandros.

Curious about the really long lived temporary unrest in some Eastern provinces - I thought it usually decayed at 5%/turn but this seems to last forever?

Eg Marakand has 50% yellow unrest and I started the game as Baktria with it. Turn 172 and it is still there.

Regards

P.

btw, is there a factional unit in store for the Seleucids?.

I read in many books that the Seleucids had a cavalry agema composed of median nobles, they're supposed to be heavy cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    Curious about the really long lived temporary unrest in some Eastern provinces - I thought it usually decayed at 5%/turn but this seems to last forever?

Eg Marakand has 50% yellow unrest and I started the game as Baktria with it. Turn 172 and it is still there.

Regards

P.
    Sounds like some other form of unrest is triggering that; there's a lot of culture-based unrest in the east. Also could there be Rebels hidden anywhere in the province?

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    btw, is there a factional unit in store for the Seleucids?.

I read in many books that the Seleucids had a cavalry agema composed of median nobles, they're supposed to be heavy cavalry.
    No plans for any factional units for any of the Hellenistic factions. Not including bodyguards, Baktria don't have theirs yet.

As I understand it the culture unrest is in black/white faces aka "civil unrest". There are no rebels (I have 100% watchtower coverage) and regularly scour the area for anything hiding [toggled fow to be sure]. It even occurs at a low level in the Faction capitol. I did wonder if it might be spies but I keep a spy in each of the cities and no spies are being thrown out or hanging around adjacent or moving in. It doesn't seem to matter whether I play as Baktria, Saka or Pahlava - it is always present. Presence of FM and Govt type seems to make no difference. It has been there throughout the game and as I say, it was my faction to begin with. I randomly thought it might be the base rebellion value but it should be 0 for my faction areas and in any case I don't think the unrest value matches those base values given. Also not at war with anyone and haven't been for a long time.
    Last edited by Porphyrogenita; February 06, 2019 at 06:23 AM.