Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Haze88 View Post
    Thanks QS. One more question, ever think forts will return? I used to love setting up forts in the mountains as sort of an invasion alarm system
    I think they will not return for EBII because we are using Permanent Forts for the wonders. However, I'm currently working in a submod that will allow the player to build temporary forts on the campaign map

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Ugh....I'm so done with 2.35 until a new reemergence script. Getai reemerged with army on proper place but got Armavir instead of their proper capital, when I took it back, Armenia reemerged there.
    There's a new formulation of it in the next patch, though that's mostly through culling chunks of it and removing that part that causes unrest in newly conquered former factional capitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze88 View Post
    Thanks QS. One more question, ever think forts will return? I used to love setting up forts in the mountains as sort of an invasion alarm system
    No, I'm afraid not. Even aside from the irrevocable way it breaks the CAI, we've already re-purposed them to get Wonders on the battlemaps.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's an omission in the upgrade paths that prevents it being constructed there. Already caught and fixed in the dev build, though obviously not much help in your game.
    Thanks for the answer. Is this something I could fix by altering the game files? Alternatively, could you share the dev build?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorh View Post
    Thanks for the answer. Is this something I could fix by altering the game files? Alternatively, could you share the dev build?
    No, I'm afraid I can't share the dev build.

If you want to edit your own EDB, open it with Notepad++ (NOT Windows Notepad) and in the upgrade paths, add this line under the existing ones for boii_mig (under the boiiprec and boii_protect):

Code:
    boii_mig requires factions { f_boii, } and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource thrakia or hidden_resource hyparchia or hidden_resource germania or hidden_resource forested ; Landa Skordiskoi, Moisia, Galatia, Moenon and Kottinon
    You'll need a new campaign for it to take effect.

I can't seem to get your fix for the successor system to work Quintus.

Is this what the EDCT should look like?

Trait RoyalFamily
    Characters family
    Hidden

Level Royal_Family_Member
    Description Hidden_desc
    EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

;Effect Authority 2

Level Royal_Prince
    Description Hidden_desc
    Threshold 2

;Effect Authority 4

Level Firstborn_Prince
    Description Hidden_desc
    Threshold 3

;Effect Authority 6

Level Current_Ruler
    Description Hidden_desc
    Threshold 4

Yes, that's the change. You need a space after the semi-colon.

Just a small heads up for y'all - the AI's diplomatic stance on the player resets to the good old "KILL KILL KILL" every time you reload the game.
    In my gippo campaign, I was soundly beating the Seleucids. They were asking for peace, but I kept refusing because I wanted to take one more city. It's the Grey Death I was dealing against after all, so the conquest of even a single province takes time and a lot of corpses.
    After I took the city, I offered them the peace they were so desperate for - they gladly accepted, ofc.
    For reasons only known to my glitchy brain, I wanted to redo the conquest of that city, so I loaded a save game. After I took that city (again), I offered them the peace they were so desperate for - they outright refused.

So, if you're beating the AI but want to make peace - do it in one sitting.
    Last edited by Rad; January 28, 2019 at 10:53 AM.

Guys, im on my Roman campaign, turn 130, and population growth/order on all settlements just skyrocketed like 3 times the previous amount.. is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by jace666 View Post
    Guys, im on my Roman campaign, turn 130, and population growth/order on all settlements just skyrocketed like 3 times the previous amount.. is this normal?
    You can get an explanation here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...on-reemergence

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Anyone have a semi-historical Roman save game with the Polybian reforms? My hard drive just died and I've lost all my saved games and I really cannot be bothered starting all over again

A curiosity (for me at least): in my Pritanoi campaign I posted a spy in Eire and another north Scotland to keep an eye out for spawning rebels. Inevitably after a number of turns, each would be a victim of some unnamed "Act of God" and need to be replaced. The specific "Act of God" was never given. Is there some script that purges everything in "Eremos" regions on a regular basis to avoid massive armies developing there or such like? I rationalised it as them being eaten by the natives (knowing some of my ancestors it seems quite plausible!) .

Hahahahahaha, the armor upgrade for the Galatian colonists is so funny!
    I can imagine the conversation about it.

Officer: We did it, we finally did it sir!
    Commander: Did what?
    Officer: The Galatians, sir. We made all of them wear pants!
    Commander: Bloody well done!
    Last edited by Rad; January 29, 2019 at 02:42 PM.

Patch update: I'm working on some scripts to make the Syrian Wars more of a prospect. If you play as the Ptolemaioi/Seleukids, your opposite number will not be quite so easy to crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    A curiosity (for me at least): in my Pritanoi campaign I posted a spy in Eire and another north Scotland to keep an eye out for spawning rebels. Inevitably after a number of turns, each would be a victim of some unnamed "Act of God" and need to be replaced. The specific "Act of God" was never given. Is there some script that purges everything in "Eremos" regions on a regular basis to avoid massive armies developing there or such like? I rationalised it as them being eaten by the natives (knowing some of my ancestors it seems quite plausible!) .
    There's a "sweeper" script that gets rid of pirates periodically, but nothing that does the same for Rebel stacks.

Patch update: I'm working on some scripts to make the Syrian Wars more of a prospect. If you play as the Ptolemaioi/Seleukids, your opposite number will not be quite so easy to crush.
    Sounds interesting. It's always quite boring to have a complete pushover of a "war" where there are no real deadlocks or stalemates. What will these scripts entail?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty Leaf View Post
    Sounds interesting. It's always quite boring to have a complete pushover of a "war" where there are no real deadlocks or stalemates. What will these scripts entail?
    Scripted responses to certain major settlements being taken, in the form of spawned "reinforcements" for the AI, mostly. Ensuring the AI has the resources on hand to do something about the player's actions, instead of relying on it to gather forces in a short space of time.

There are also a few more things to keep the Ptolemaioi and Seleukid player off balance, like Galatian and Pisidian pirate raids.

There are also a few more things to keep the Ptolemaioi and Seleukid player off balance, like Galatian and Pisidian pirate raids.
    I faced two Galatian armies that appear to have been scripted - that was some time ago, at the start of the campaign.
    Can't remember anything related to Caria, apart from the occasional brigand spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I faced two Galatian armies that appear to have been scripted - that was some time ago, at the start of the campaign.
    Can't remember anything related to Caria, apart from the occasional brigand spawn.
    That's different, those are the replenishing stacks that try to keep Galatia independent. These are raids by smaller stacks periodically.

Can't remember anything else that looked scripted. Like I said, brigand spawns here and there. Asia Minor has actually been a quiet place for me. I do fight relatively frequent rebel spawns in Meroe, though.

How do I delete the metriopotes trait with the console?

....it doesn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    How do I delete the metriopotes trait with the console?

....it doesn't stop.
    Move the character out of a settlement. Click on them. In the console, type:

Code:
    remove_trait this MakedonianOinostyges