Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Where can I find the list of cities with the garrison script?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Where can I find the list of cities with the garrison script?
    On campaign_script.txt file
    You can find it in EBII/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

Found it, thanks!

Found it, thanks!
    Starting capitals (when AI-controlled by that faction) plus another dozen or so significant Rebel settlements.

Report from my Gippo campaign - found a few irregularities.

1. Final lvl of the war temple does not deliver the promised extra experience point to cavalry.

With the +1 from the gymnasium, +1 from the tomb of Alexander, the +1 from the war temple that applies to all troops and the +1 to cavalry that comes with the final lvl of the war temple, my cavalry should have 4 experience points when levied in Alexandria.

Instead, they still only get the 3 they used to get prior to upgrading the temple to its final lvl.

2. I am seeing options to build 2 Settler Cities in Sardis - I can only build one, though.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What should do I do?

3. The Settler Cities (3rd lvl of hellenistic colonies) do not offer any troops except siege engines in some cities. The Military Reform (4th or alternative 3rd lvl of hellenistic colonies) does offer troops, though. Is that intentional?
    Last edited by Rad; January 12, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

Report from my Gippo campaign - found a few irregularities.

1. Final lvl of the war temple does not deliver the promised extra experience point to cavalry.

With the +1 from the gymnasium, +1 from the tomb of Alexander, the +1 from the war temple that applies to all troops and the +1 to cavalry that comes with the final lvl of the war temple, my cavalry should have 4 experience points when levied in Alexandria.

Instead, they still only get the 3 they used to get prior to upgrading the temple to its final lvl.
    Experience is funny and I think semi-bugged already. It could be that the cavalry bonus doesn't actually work, or there might be a limit to the number of times you can stack it in the same settlement.

2. I am seeing options to build 2 Settler Cities in Sardis - I can only build one, though.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What should do I do?
    That's a bug in the upgrade path - I used the wrong combination for Pergamon, which swept up Sardis as well.

Only choose the 4th tier one that actually offers units.

3. The Settler Cities (3rd lvl of hellenistic colonies) do not offer any troops except siege engines in some cities. The Military Reform (4th or alternative 3rd lvl of hellenistic colonies) does offer troops, though. Is that intentional?
    If you mean Sardis again, that's because the 3rd tier isn't supposed to be available there at all. If the paths were correct (and I've updated them now), you wouldn't have the option of building one with no units bar the artillery. Only the 4th tier would show there, with a full complement of units.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

Only choose the 4th tier one that actually offers units.
    Both are the 3rd tier of colonies, as shown in the screenshot. Both offer the same units.

If you mean Sardis again, that's because the 3rd tier isn't supposed to be available there at all. If the paths were correct (and I've updated them now), you wouldn't have the option of building one with no units bar the artillery. Only the 4th tier would show there, with a full complement of units.
    Sardis is actually fine, apart from the above mentioned.
    Here are some of the cities with the odd lack of recruitment for the 3rd tier of Hellenistic colonies:
    Rhodos
    Nikaia
    Ankyra
    Salamis
    Ptolemais-akko
    Pselkis

I find it odd because the 1st, 2nd and 4th tier do offer units.
    Last edited by Rad; January 12, 2019 at 04:15 PM.

Both are the 3rd tier of colonies, as shown in the screenshot. Both offer the same units.

Sardis is actually fine, apart from the above mentioned.
    Here are some of the cities with the odd lack of recruitment for the 3rd tier of Hellenistic colonies:
    Rhodos
    Nikaia
    Ankyra
    Salamis
    Ptolemais-akko
    Pselkis

I find it odd because the 1st, 2nd and 4th tier do offer units.
    The third tier shouldn't be available in any of those places, only the reformed one. Are you looking at the building browser for those settlements, or what is actually available when you construct it?

Note for many places outside of a specific handful, the progression goes helcol_one > helcol_two > helcol_ref. They don't go to the third tier at all.

Which places are intended to be able to build a helcol_three (not reformed)?
    I thought Sardis was one of those, this is my current reference list which i pulled from the EDB.

Anatolia: Antiocheia, Sardis, Pergamon
    Iran: Seleukeia, Susa, Ekbatana, Persepolis
    Egypt: Alexandreia, Memphis
    Greece: Demetrias, Pella
    Italy: Syrakousai

Like Rad mentioned, I also noticed how in some places where you used to be able to build a lvl3 colony (not reformed) but it's no longer possible as it has been regionalised, that it is still available to build, but giving only artillery units.

Another related matter, is Kapadokkia (Mazaka) intended to share the generous helcol 2 pools as say, Ephesus, Tarsos, Side, Ipsos, etc have? Or should it resemble more the limited availability that is on a neightbouring place like Kappadokia pontika?

OK, I see what the Sardis problem was - the erroneous code for Pergamon gave it two routes, which is why it appeared twice. The separate line for Sardis is actually unnecessary if I use the original combination, which catches it and Pergamon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Which places are intended to be able to build a helcol_three (not reformed)?
    I thought Sardis was one of those, this is my current reference list which i pulled from the EDB.

Anatolia: Antiocheia, Sardis, Pergamon
    Iran: Seleukeia, Susa, Ekbatana, Persepolis
    Egypt: Alexandreia, Memphis
    Greece: Demetrias, Pella
    Italy: Syrakousai
    That list is correct for the helcol_three, I checked and Sardis is indeed on there.

Like Rad mentioned, I also noticed how in some places where you used to be able to build a lvl3 colony (not reformed) but it's no longer possible as it has been regionalised, that it is still available to build, but giving only artillery units.
    There shouldn't be anywhere which is possible to build a helcol_three, which only gives artillery. That's the universal part, but everywhere that has an upgrade path should have a pool, and nowhere else.

So again, is it that the building browser says it's possible to have a helcol_three in those places, or that you can actually build it?

Another related matter, is Kapadokkia (Mazaka) intended to share the generous helcol 2 pools as say, Ephesus, Tarsos, Side, Ipsos, etc have? Or should it resemble more the limited availability that is on a neightbouring place like Kappadokia pontika?
    Intended. Helcol pools are nowhere near as tightly regionalised in terms of their content as others, since you're paying in a finite resource to ship people in.

For OSX Post-Installation Instruction: why move the settlements/ folder to ~/Desktop? is it not needed, or being read there?

The third tier shouldn't be available in any of those places, only the reformed one. Are you looking at the building browser for those settlements, or what is actually available when you construct it?

Note for many places outside of a specific handful, the progression goes helcol_one > helcol_two > helcol_ref. They don't go to the third tier at all.
    Yeah, I was looking at the browser. Turns out those places cannot build helcol_three. That's it then. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, I was looking at the browser. Turns out those places cannot build helcol_three. That's it then. Thanks for the clarification.
    Chalk it down to the browser being wrong again. I didn't lock the pools in the helcol_three down to just the places they can be built (I just deleted the irrelevant groupings), so it's overflow. Technically, if it were possible to build the helcol_three in those places, you'd get those units, but it can't happen. I could go back and edit them so they only reflect what can be built, but that's low in my list of priorities.

So, what's the deal with Pergamon? Is helcol_three supposed to be built there or not? I kind of took it today
    Last edited by Rad; January 13, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

So, what's the deal with Pergamon? Is helcol_three supposed to be built there or not? I kind of took it today
    Yes. Ultimately, Anatolia was the largest source of phalangite-settlers.

Yes. Ultimately, Anatolia was the largest source of phalangite-settlers.
    And the code is working properly for that city? You mention some error.

And the code is working properly for that city? You mention some error.
    The error was in the double-availability in Sardis. Recruitment is fine, if not as specific as it could be (which is why you were seeing apparent recruitment in places you can't build it).

Pergamon is fine, noted. Thanks.

A weird problem similar to that Boii glitch in which somehow you are in control of the besieged (the rebel settlement of Sena) occurred during my attempt to play as the Sarmatians.

In this case. I'm suddenly in control of the defenders in the Alan settlement besieged by a rebel stack. Obviously I lost but suddenly I now have a 5-star general with an Alan Nobles as their BG unit.
    Last edited by Tactics Mayers; January 15, 2019 at 07:06 AM.

Hi guys

Well, i had a problem when selecting multiple units and moving them, they broke formation into an ugly line. Read somewhere that grouping them fixed that, and it does. Problem is that now I've noticed that sometimes they seem to run when i move them instead of walking and pressing "r" or the run/walk order icon does nothing... While i tried i pressed the withdraw order by accident and discovered that i couldn't cancel that either lol.

Also, sometimes units with the skirmisher mode active fail to run from the enemy and just stand there allowing themselves to be charged. This one is annoying from time to time but not the end of the world.

On another note i got to say that i'm impressed by the unit detail and overall sexyness at the highest graphic setting (depth of field with reshade is just the cherry). Game's looking damn good.