Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Are they Skythian or Sauromatian ethnicity?

His data name is "VardanB", but I don't think you can move a sieging character.
    Well, it was possible in Broken Crescent, where these kind of problems were pretty regular. But moved or not, he wouldn't stop sieging, regardless if i move him on british island. Anyway, no matter, i have reported and issue and thats enough to me knowing it will be fixed. So i lost a city, will reconquer it

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    Well, it was possible in Broken Crescent, where these kind of problems were pretty regular. But moved or not, he wouldn't stop sieging, regardless if i move him on british island. Anyway, no matter, i have reported and issue and thats enough to me knowing it will be fixed. So i lost a city, will reconquer it
    All you need to do is move him to a tile underneath the city where you can attack him.

What trait do they have?
    Intolerant of other Gods - causes unrest, loss of influence.

I'm spamming law temples in an effort to counteract corruption - could that be the cause?
    Other than that, I am avoiding having non hellenes/makedones as fms.

Are the thurepherontes hippotoxotai and hellenic kataphraktoi meant to be recruitable in the native military colonies? (eastcol). I ask this because these are hellenistic troops, shouldn't they be only available through hellenistic colonies? The most strange are the kataphraktoi, which are available at both kinds of military colony.

Does it matter which city an academy is placed? I meant if historical places well known for their academies like Athenai, Alexandreia or Babylon give better or unique traits and ancillaries. I remember seeing unique historical ancillaries, but i am not sure if they are attached to certain places or not. Is there any file i could look it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Are the thurepherontes hippotoxotai and hellenic kataphraktoi meant to be recruitable in the native military colonies? (eastcol). I ask this because these are hellenistic troops, shouldn't they be only available through hellenistic colonies? The most strange are the kataphraktoi, which are available at both kinds of military colony.
    For Eastern factions, yes they are supposed to be recruitable in the Foreign Military Colony. That's why Pontos can't recruit them from the helcol. They don't only represent the Hellenistic variety, there's also another unit, represented by the skins Pontos and Hayastan have.

Yes, intentional that Kataphraktoi are available in either, but only the top tier in places with the warhorse resource.

I am playing the saka faction. I have unified saka. However, you gave me a surprise "the title goes here", there are rebel forces everywhere, and the unrest turns high. I managed to solve the rebel army, but the unrest did not go down. why???? is there any other requirement,or is it forced to turn saka players into nomadic? THX!
    Last edited by HuoShan; January 05, 2019 at 01:33 AM.

Senator

Are they Skythian or Sauromatian ethnicity?
    They have the Leukonides ethic trait from my faction leader.I would assume that means they are hellenic or hellenized.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    I am playing the saka faction. I have unified saka. However, you gave me a surprise "the title goes here", there are rebel forces everywhere, and the unrest turns high. I managed to solve the rebel army, but the unrest did not go down. why???? is there any other requirement,or is it forced to turn saka players into nomadic? THX!
    Having the same issue, I don't care about the rebel crapstacks but this Public order penalty has basically killed any enjoyment I was getting from the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    Having the same issue, I don't care about the rebel crapstacks but this Public order penalty has basically killed any enjoyment I was getting from the campaign.

Perhaps a culture transition? that may yield A LOT of ''religious'' unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    They have the Leukonides ethic trait from my faction leader.I would assume that means they are hellenic or hellenized.
    I'll have to ask the trait team to have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    Did you read the notification that came up with it? It's a revolt against the ruling tribe of your faction, a gathering of all the people defeated by your unification of the Sakan tribes.

It gives you a choice - abandon your settlements and horde, to find a new home, or fight to retain what you have. The Sakan campaign is hard, like it says on the faction selection screen, and the migrations from off the map are one of the reasons for that.

In this version, it seems to me, that a difficulty with which an AI( especially barbarians) try to take a rebel settlements is a lot exagerated. Almost 200 turns and i don't remember any previous version, where were so many ''neutral'¨settlements left. With toggle_off cheat on, i saw pretty regular situation, where ''near to full'' or full stacks tried to take half garrison rebel city and hadn't done even a scratch to them. Later on, when i have decided, that i already gave enough of tries to Pergamon to take Sinope,i marched there myself. And what i saw? Full stack of peltasts logades, hoplites and another support and medium-high tier of troop already with gold- silver chevrons without scratch. I mean, that is really good idea to imitate somewhat Rome 2 independant factions, but AI is clearly uncapable in 90% of situations to properly hoard more than 1 stack arround a city to have even a chance. Anyway, with rebels able to replenish their troops, once they hit some chevrons and maintain a full stack, i dare to say, that those settlements will be independant forever.

Also, AI got a new tactic behaviour? Like leaving a stack on enemy territory to devastate it for awhile? Because i don't remember such a behaviour from pevious versions, however, now AI will freeze with that stack no matter what menace threaten them in their homeland(hello getai).

And one last pesky question. Those re-emergence are infinite? I really wish to an AI Epiros to succes and finalyl take over a whole greece + makedonia, but that seems to be impossible, because Athenai revolt next turn. It seem a bit embarrasing when it is already 3rd time. I don't get why they appear with full stack, when AI isn't capable properly react to imediate threat.

I defeated all of the rebel stacks though, and I still have an 80 percent unrest Penalty, thats complete crap.

Did you read the notification that came up with it? It's a revolt against the ruling tribe of your faction, a gathering of all the people defeated by your unification of the Sakan tribes.

It gives you a choice - abandon your settlements and horde, to find a new home, or fight to retain what you have. The Sakan campaign is hard, like it says on the faction selection screen, and the migrations from off the map are one of the reasons for that.[/QUOTE]

I defeated all of the rebel stacks though, and I still have an 80 percent unrest Penalty, thats complete crap.
    Which will decline at the rate of 5% per season. You've just experienced a period of turmoil, it won't vanish instantly as though nothing had happened.

In this version, it seems to me, that a difficulty with which an AI( especially barbarians) try to take a rebel settlements is a lot exagerated. Almost 200 turns and i don't remember any previous version, where were so many ''neutral'¨settlements left.
    To me, that's a win. 200 turns is early game still. I really like how EB2 makes it more realistic instead of other TW titles where you rewrite the entire world map in a generation. Even here it's sped up for playability, but I think the balance is good.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    To me, that's a win. 200 turns is early game still. I really like how EB2 makes it more realistic instead of other TW titles where you rewrite the entire world map in a generation. Even here it's sped up for playability, but I think the balance is good.
    That is certainly possible that i look at it from a wrong angle. Still, having maybe 3-4 unpenetrable cities with gold chevron garrisons seem to me weird. Not because i do not grant them their independance, but AI estimate it badly. And yet, it seems to me that eleutheroi has significant defense bonus compared to another AI with same garrison.

In this version, it seems to me, that a difficulty with which an AI( especially barbarians) try to take a rebel settlements is a lot exagerated. Almost 200 turns and i don't remember any previous version, where were so many ''neutral'¨settlements left. With toggle_off cheat on, i saw pretty regular situation, where ''near to full'' or full stacks tried to take half garrison rebel city and hadn't done even a scratch to them. Later on, when i have decided, that i already gave enough of tries to Pergamon to take Sinope,i marched there myself. And what i saw? Full stack of peltasts logades, hoplites and another support and medium-high tier of troop already with gold- silver chevrons without scratch. I mean, that is really good idea to imitate somewhat Rome 2 independant factions, but AI is clearly uncapable in 90% of situations to properly hoard more than 1 stack arround a city to have even a chance. Anyway, with rebels able to replenish their troops, once they hit some chevrons and maintain a full stack, i dare to say, that those settlements will be independant forever.
    As myarta said, nothing wrong with there still being Eleutheroi in turn 200, after all the game is supposed to last up to 1100 turns. The longer we can stave off the superfaction middle game, the better. Refresh might be too high in some Rebel areas still, given their recruitment now actually works, but the AI factions sometimes failing to take places is just fine with me. The only issue I see there is potentially too high a refresh for the Rebels.

Also, AI got a new tactic behaviour? Like leaving a stack on enemy territory to devastate it for awhile? Because i don't remember such a behaviour from pevious versions, however, now AI will freeze with that stack no matter what menace threaten them in their homeland(hello getai).
    The Rebels are now viewed as a threat by the other factions, in a way they weren't before. That's changed the calculations, and we're only now getting wider data on what that means. Previous versions are pretty much irrelevant from this perspective, the Rebels didn't function properly before 2.35.

And one last pesky question. Those re-emergence are infinite? I really wish to an AI Epiros to succes and finalyl take over a whole greece + makedonia, but that seems to be impossible, because Athenai revolt next turn. It seem a bit embarrasing when it is already 3rd time. I don't get why they appear with full stack, when AI isn't capable properly react to imediate threat.
    Re-emerges are infinite. If you're repeatedly failing to settle things in a province, you need to change your approach. Try an Allied Government, for example.

They appear with a full stack, because if they didn't they'd be eliminated almost instantly. Re-emerges would be pointless if they had just a few units in their new sole settlement.

That is certainly possible that i look at it from a wrong angle. Still, having maybe 3-4 unpenetrable cities with gold chevron garrisons seem to me weird. Not because i do not grant them their independance, but AI estimate it badly. And yet, it seems to me that eleutheroi has significant defense bonus compared to another AI with same garrison.
    The Rebels don't get any bonuses; they are also always all killed in field battles, rather than being able to flee like the regular AI factions.

The Rebels don't get any bonuses; they are also always all killed in field battles, rather than being able to flee like the regular AI factions.
    Almost always killed*
    To my utter annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Almost always killed*
    To my utter annoyance.
    Hardcoded, to my annoyance.

As myarta said, nothing wrong with there still being Eleutheroi in turn 200, after all the game is supposed to last up to 1100 turns. The longer we can stave off the superfaction middle game, the better. Refresh might be too high in some Rebel areas still, given their recruitment now actually works, but the AI factions sometimes failing to take places is just fine with me. The only issue I see there is potentially too high a refresh for the Rebels.

Thank you for replies. i don't understand why the Celtic factions have so much hard time to expand. Especially Bois were always underdogs, except one game, where they succesfully expanded and became somewhat superpower. If an AI was capable of using horde movement tactics with their armies while settled in a sieging attacks, that would be cool. because Horde always stick their armies together. They seem to do that,i am not saying they don't, but in most cases their second army isn't properly positioned and thus not taken into acount. Similar thing is, when defending AI place a big stack near a city, but not enough and then attack with garrisons.
    Last edited by Maroslav; January 06, 2019 at 05:15 AM.

Thank you for replies. i don't understand why the Celtic factions have so much hard time to expand. Especially Bois were always underdogs, except one game, where they succesfully expanded and became somewhat superpower. If an AI was capable of using horde movement tactics with their armies while settled in a sieging attacks, that would be cool. because Horde always stick their armies together. They seem to do that,i am not saying they don't, but in most cases their second army isn't properly positioned and thus not taken into acount. Similar thing is, when defending AI place a big stack near a city, but not enough and then attack with garrisons.
    The new, improved Rebels seem to now scare the crap out of the AI factions, who treat it like one big faction. Boii start off surrounded by Rebels, which is scarier than having regular AI factions on their border.