Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    Attachment 356445

Romans hate armenian diplomat so much? already like 8 turns like that.
    it´s more wired, because roman regions aren´t anywhere near this path.

Alright, time for stupid questions #873 through #879:

-Is there a good way to check where, exactly, we're allowed to build Confederation governments, besides the building browser? The browser shows Confederations and Uergobret govs in most of Gaul, including in places where Word of Quintus says they aren't valid.

-The "strategy" section for the Migration government says that the best use for it is to construct in regions that can have a Confederation, but lack the required 75% European Tribal States. However, according to the Player's Guide for 2.35, Migration only increases culture up to 65%, and the Aedui don't seem to have any other culture-increasing buildings on their roster. So, what's the intended usage for Migrations in a post-2.35 world?

-On a related note, I control Armorika, and it has slightly too low European Tribal States for a Confederation. I would like to eventually Confederate the region for those sexy, sexy ships, but I'm not sure what options are available: Migration is not available as a government type, even though I possess the relevant settlement level and (obviously) have more than 25% European Tribal States. Any tips on how to add Asterix to my Northern Gallic Confederacy(TM)?

-Shifting gears completely, is there any chance for a "Freemen vs. Retainers" colony-type system for the Gallic factions? I'm noticing that the recruitment options are fairly static for the Aedui (aside from upgrading to Confederation, which as the above questions should make clear, I'm having difficulties with), and given the description of the Nedes Nesamoi, I wonder if it would make sense to have a paired set of "buildings" (perhaps replacing the Migration Gov type?) that increase European Tribal Culture, cause unrest when paired with majority non-European Tribal Culture provinces, reduce the income of a region and allow for increased recruitment of either Freemen-type units (Gargokladioi, Koxsolatoi, Spear-warriors, etc) or (relatively smaller amounts of) Bondsmen-type units (Bataroi, Nedes Nesamoi, Arkhoi). As-is, Gaul is developing quite nicely, but I'm not seeing a way to turn economic prosperity into greater recruitment potential. These could also tie into the Twilight States reform (maybe you need a certain number of high-level "Retainers" buildings in order to trigger?) to more organically simulate the increased presence of semi-professional/professional retainers vis a vis earlier Keltoi armies?

-Unit-wise, are the Gargokladioi just an inferior, "Generic" celtic swordsman unit that's available across Europe, while Gaul, Cisalpine Gaul and the general Boii-sphere have their own, superior version that's available locally in smaller numbers? Not sure what tactical/strategic role the Gargokladioi are supposed to fill.

-Finally, the Aedui have access to Arioi (Pritanoi Nobles) in Custom Battles, but as far as I can tell, there's no gov option in Britain that allows me to recruit them (Allied or Factional) and they're not available as mercs.
    Last edited by Dargaron; December 28, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

The best way to check where something is actually available is to read the EDB itself.

Note that a high Influence FM can increase the rate of cultural conversion, though it's much slower than having a building which does it.

There are some planned changes to the Celtic governments for 2.4, mostly along the lines of having some less centralised options before a reform event, which would make the current crop of centrally-organised buildings available. The Twilight States reform does already change rosters towards a more professional composition, though.

Gargokladioi are the "middle class" swordsmen, as opposed to the professional sorts represented by the various types of Batoroi. Note only Celtic factions can recruit the latter type easily, which means non-Celts will have much more exposure to them.

Custom Battle rosters are entirely separate from recruitment in the campaign.

Playing as the KH, and it seems there's a problem with the reforms.

First stage fired automatically at 242, so I went straight to building the four Symmachikon Koinon. Once they were built, I acquired four archons.

However, the next stage of the reforms does not seem to be triggering.

As I said, I have the four Symmachikon Koinon and archons (each for a different city), and I own Korinthos, as specified in the playing guide. All my other cities still have the option to build Symmachikon Koinons, so does this mean I have to build more than four? Does it have something to do with the fact that the first stage was triggered automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Playing as the KH, and it seems there's a problem with the reforms.

First stage fired automatically at 242, so I went straight to building the four Symmachikon Koinon. Once they were built, I acquired four archons.

However, the next stage of the reforms does not seem to be triggering.

As I said, I have the four Symmachikon Koinon and archons (each for a different city), and I own Korinthos, as specified in the playing guide. All my other cities still have the option to build Symmachikon Koinons, so does this mean I have to build more than four? Does it have something to do with the fact that the first stage was triggered automatically?
    The requirement for that stage is merely at least four Symmachikon Koinon buildings - you can build as many of them as you like.

What turn are you on? The next automatic trigger isn't till turn 280, but everything else should have been nudged along to allow the script to resume as normal.

At the risk of being an annoyance , i'll have to re-ask the question in proper thread... other mods also have the validate data entry in hotseat and editing midgame works fine for them, so i guess that pertains only to actual hotseat. I can't find a script that could possibly be doing that either. Possible to turn it off midgame? Since that's not the entry i dunno what it could be.

Also, would it be possible midgame to also try switching phalanxes to default guard mode? I'm sure the (my perceived) issue is more complicated than that, but AI's phalanxes feel too messy in any scenario where they have to move. Several agema phalangitai don't pose a real threat. Not to say phalanxes are actually underpowered or anything though, when i use them they do their job admirably.
    Last edited by Stannis Baratheon; December 29, 2018 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The requirement for that stage is merely at least four Symmachikon Koinon buildings - you can build as many of them as you like.

What turn are you on? The next automatic trigger isn't till turn 280, but everything else should have been nudged along to allow the script to resume as normal.
    Turn 156.

I'll try and build more Symmachikon Koinon buildings, see if that helps. Otherwise I'm at a loss. Its a new installation, and all of the other reforms (theuros/Spartan) have triggered, so I have no idea what's going on with this one.

Thanks to the whole team for the update, the hard (free) work and their patience with us here on the forum. It is really much appreciated. I enjoy the new update with all the new content. I haven't spotted any bugs or noteworthy feedback, yet, as I haven't had the time to play a lot. But I already noticed the much quicker turn times. Great job.

I have one question:
    In the players guide it says that for the Barcid reforms you need to have a Barcid faction leader and war leader. How does this work, because it also says that the war leader cannot be the faction leader or heir? Is it possible to be first war leader, then faction leader? Also, what are the triggers for the Barcid trait?

I know I'm a bit late with complaining...but why do the best swordsmen in game, both in look and function, have to be pre-reform only?

Muh Hyperaspistai...I didn't properly appreciate them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I know I'm a bit late with complaining...but why do the best swordsmen in game, both in look and function, have to be pre-reform only?

Muh Hyperaspistai...I didn't properly appreciate them before.
    That's debatable, the marian units may have worse stats but they make it up in numbers and they can beat the Hysperaspistai if they cripple them with their pila another contender for that title are the Bosporitai Logades, better armour and they can cripple a unit with their lonchai and I would say that these units are more armoured in their looks than the Hysperaspistai (Mail, scale armour > Linothorax?).

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    That's debatable, the marian units may have worse stats but they make it up in numbers and they can beat the Hysperaspistai if they cripple them with their pila another contender for that title are the Bosporitai Logades, better armour and they can cripple a unit with their lonchai and I would say that these units are more armoured in their looks than the Hysperaspistai (Mail, scale armour > Linothorax?).
    Bosporitai Logades are a bit more armoured, but don't pack AP swords. That is the main reason why Hyperaspistai rock. I couldn't test them against post-Marian units, but they easily cut through Katoikoi Thraikes, which are, thanks to AP swords and armour upgrade, serious contenders to Cohors Reformata in a duel.

In my Pontos playthrough(turn 138), I've noticed how the AI isn't aggressive in using their armies despite starting first blood (they refuse my ceasefire offers so they are in a war state).

Pergamon was agressive at first but once I eliminated 2 stacks of their armies, they went silent despite having a significant enough force to send more stacks against me. Ater a long season, they sent another full stack against me when Hayasdan besieged Ani-Kamah.

I lost Ani-Kamah to Hayasdan and managed to defeat a full stack heading towards Ameasia, managing to regain Ani-Kamah 2 seasons later. After reducing them to their single capital (Shasmushat only has a small garrison) and yet they haven't even move 3 full stacked armies(idling near their capital which was also heavily garrisoned) against me. They aren't even at war with someone else, so it's dissapointingly easy.
    Last edited by Tactics Mayers; January 01, 2019 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    In my Pontos playthrough(turn 138), I've noticed how the AI isn't aggressive in using their armies despite starting first blood (they refuse my ceasefire offers so they are in a war state).

Pergamon was agressive at first but once I eliminated 2 stacks of their armies, they went silent despite having a significant enough force to send more stacks against me. Ater a long season, they sent another full stack against me when Hayasdan besieged Ani-Kamah.

I lost Ani-Kamah to Hayasdan and managed to defeat a full stack heading towards Ameasia, managing to regain Ani-Kamah 2 seasons later. After reducing them to their single capital (Shasmushat only has a small garrison) and yet they haven't even move 3 full stacked armies(idling near their capital which was also heavily garrisoned) against me. They aren't even at war with someone else, so it's dissapointingly easy.
    Sounds like they've shifted AI stance from warlike to diplomacy. All that recruiting will eventually rack up fatigue.

The switch back is random; give them some time and breathing space, and they should switch back again.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; January 01, 2019 at 05:56 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Sounds like they've shifted AI stance from warlike to diplomacy. The switch back is random; give them some time and breathing space, and they should switch back again.
    May I ask how it was in the 2.3? It was "diplomacy" AI, not the warlike?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    May I ask how it was in the 2.3? It was "diplomacy" AI, not the warlike?
    I don't really remember if the switch existed; 2.3 may have just had diplomacy.

I've started a Pontic campaign, and I can't decide between governments...four choices, and I have no idea which one should I pick for my first conquered provinces, Trapezous and Nikaia, since I have no idea which will hinder building in any way...

I have just recently captured Mazaka and i can not attack sieging rebel stack, with anything. Will they just starve me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I've started a Pontic campaign, and I can't decide between governments...four choices, and I have no idea which one should I pick for my first conquered provinces, Trapezous and Nikaia, since I have no idea which will hinder building in any way...
    I hope I'm not wrong but the first building option, related to Pontic government and royal line seems to be the best for construction.

You avoid it by not leaving large surpluses in your treasury. Queuing up building projects is a good way to absorb funds, which also gives positive management-related traits as well.
    Isn't that just an R2TW thing, if you mean pre-paying for queued buildings after the one already being built? I did that all the time in EB1 but I think the M2 engine doesn't charge for them until they are up for building, hence the Queues Stalled warning and red background.

If it doesn't reappear, you'll have to wait for the fallback in turn 280.

There are no console commands that can "fix" it, you can't even use the console to build it, that command only works in the script.
    That's one thing I miss about the Forced Diplomacy being in a separate file. You could edit that file to also set whatever counters etc needed to be set and it would be a save compatible way to inject script-only command changes into the game if fixes were needed for this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by Manivs View Post
    Hello, could someone explain me why all of my FM's have "imperium relinquished" during my Roman campaign?
    Unless I missed it, no one got back to you. Are you using the Cursus Honorum, e.g. are your generals Praetors or higher? You need to use that system for them to have legal authority to command their legions. If you feel like ignoring it, then it gives you a bit of a penalty in command stars and morale but you can live with it ok if you find it too tedious to get them their promotions.

Some observations/questions:

1. Whenever I have a FM in a sieging army, the number of build points for siege equipment goes significantly down compared to having a sieging army without a FM. At first I thought this was due to some bad trait or something, but it seems that all my FM seem to cause that to happen (both in my Pontos and my Epeiros campaigns).

2. Has the CAI become a bit too easy to bully around? In my Pontos campaign I just started an assault on Tarsus and took it by surprise from the AS, with an elaborate plan to then survive the expected AS onslaught. Instead, they sent a diplomat to ask for peace (fair enough) and happily handed over Ipsos to get it, even though their forces greatly outnumbered mine in the wider region.