Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Sticking to the old system, huh? That's exactly the sort of thing a rotten anti-Barcid would say of our dear Hannibal!
    I bless the rains down in...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    We'll discuss this.
    Hey, that's the same thing that my boss said when I asked for a raise!

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    -2: One of my semi-promising dudes got sent out to conquer Aquitaine as his Kingetos training. He took 2300 men to fight the 2800 man defending army, and won a Heroic Victory over the Aquitanians, then took their settlement. The result: he's now a "Weak Kingetos." Are Kingetoi-in-training not supposed to actually take territory, or did I just get very unlucky?
    it's happened to me, too, it's just chance as far as i can tell. unlucky to get weak kingetos after winning a battle! my current favorite FM got hesitant attacker (-2 command) after winning a heroic victory shame. but he also has skull collector and crow feeder and sacker of rome and his father has liberator of felsina man i'm loving the new units in the northern italy region. so much fun variety here! epades dessis and adskoros are beyond awesome! i recommend to everyone a boi campaign contre rome, it's way fun!

On a serious note, I am blown away by all the behind-the-scenes work that has been done on the campaign script, overshadowed by all the shiny new playable units in the game.
    I'm assuming the script is most apparent in between-turn processing times, compared to 2.3?

-1: My client ruler in Albion has two ethnicity traits: I suspect that one is the ethnicity a Pritanoi family member would get, while the other is the Client Ruler trait for that province.

-2: One of my semi-promising dudes got sent out to conquer Aquitaine as his Kingetos training. He took 2300 men to fight the 2800 man defending army, and won a Heroic Victory over the Aquitanians, then took their settlement. The result: he's now a "Weak Kingetos." Are Kingetoi-in-training not supposed to actually take territory, or did I just get very unlucky?
    1. Turns out that all the Celtic ethnicities are missing the RemoveEthnicity anti-trait. I'll fix that.
    2. If you didnt use him in the battle, then even if you get a HV he can still become a Weak Kingetos. There's a trigger which checks if the General himself fought in combat or not, and if you make the mistake of not using him in a battle before his training is finished, then you run the risk of making him a Weak Kingetos. FTR you're probably just unlucky--there's actually a trigger which makes you succeed your training if you capture a settlement. Remember that the Kingetos training is also based somewhat on luck and stats, so if he was languorous then he's more predisposed to become a Weak Kingetos. There's also the chance that CharacterTurnEnd events are processed in the EDCT before PostBattle or SackSettlement, so a Weak Kingetos triggered might have already fired before the battle began, and then it was too late for the HV/settlement capture to negate it. Anyhow, I won't know what's gone wrong without a log after that battle which lists which triggers have fired or not(which you probably don't have at this point, regrettably).

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger KeltUnprovenBattleCoward
      WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition not GeneralFoughtInCombat
            and Trait Celtic > 0
            and not FactionType f_arevaci
            and not FactionType f_lusotannan
            and CharacterAge < 31
            and Trait CelticKingetos < 3

Affects CelticKingetos  3  Chance  100
    ^ There's the trigger for failure if you don't use your Kingetos-in-training in a battle.
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; December 18, 2018 at 06:24 AM.

Do the Saka and the Sarmatians have a "female trait" so that there would be female generals?

The description on the Sarmatian Bodyguard even implies imples it as well.

253 turns into my Romani campaign, and about half of my FM's (perhaps more) have the "Gourmand" trait, even though I try to keep my treasury low. Anyone else have this issue? It's pretty annoying, almost all of my governors have this trait.

Playing as Carthage - the struggle is real.
    On one hand, I hate not having the cash - hence one of the reasons I mostly play with Carthage - they actually have a functional economy in the early campaign. Saves me from blitzing the AI.
    On the other hand, I ABSOLUTELY hate how all my FMs turn into human trash once the treasury reaches a certain level.
    Last edited by Rad; December 18, 2018 at 05:14 PM.

50 turns into the Sweboz - holy crap skirmishers are fast! Absolutely loving the new and familiar soundtrack for the 'barbarian' campaigns - always found the previous incarnations a bit jarring in tone.

My young FMs keep getting the 'eligible for mercenary service' trait yet when I move them into Bogadunon the mercenary service doesn't kick in even after a year of waiting. I'm a doing something wrong or do I have to wait until the Gallic factions start expanding my way?

EB2 needs some sort of genetics system that is equally applied to all generals regardless of faction of origin. Many of the "good" traits or attributes are only triggered in specific historical characters at their coming of age; how about generals born 3 or 4 generations from the game start? I've checked the export character traits triggers, and the extremely crucial "Talent for Command" trait line only gets slapped on...people who actually existed and were well known at least by 272 BC. Laughably, the other guys who would have high chances for talent for command well after a 100 years from game start are Client Rulers, the rest of the future generations are all deemed as talentless hacks. I have no idea how "sharp/charismatic/vigorous" and its like gets passed on, but I hope some of the triggers are determined with Father has Trait or whatnot. I'm more concerned with hale and hearty, fertile - is there a handsome trait line? Basically what I mentioned and its opposites, is there a balanced system determined by fathers' traits, and less by whether they were boio or sweboz?

Also, I second the "drinking alcohol level" trait line. Quite strange that Macedonian generals are quite disciplined with their intake of wine. There should be a hidden trait that represents a life-defining "choice" whether or not to indulge himself with alcohol for the next 30 years of his life; maybe also with variations of percentage depending on the culture he has come from. The choice will turn into a condition (e.g. HasTrait Chosetodrink) that triggers more events at which he gets or loses "drink" level traits. Also, temperament and discipline will help mitigate or exacerbate his drinking (e.g. Completing the agoge could lessen the chances of becoming a heavy drinker). Well, just some thoughts...
    Last edited by Pooploop; December 18, 2018 at 10:33 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'm assuming the script is most apparent in between-turn processing times, compared to 2.3?
    It runs smoothly to say the least!

On another note, I have always loved the campaign map music for EBII, but the battle map music lacks the sort of raw energy I want to hear for scenes of peril, action, death, glory, and mayhem. Aside from just using the original Rome Total War soundtrack again or one of my previous soundtracks (which even included thrash metal at one point, lol), I know what I'll be replacing the battle map music with this time around. That's right. Judge me. Feed me your hate. It only makes me stronger. I welcome it. Audiomachine is usually kinda lame and/or generic, but there's something really good about the tracks on this album. It's gonna be good.

It runs smoothly to say the least!

On another note, I have always loved the campaign map music for EBII, but the battle map music lacks the sort of raw energy I want to hear for scenes of peril, action, death, glory, and mayhem. Aside from just using the original Rome Total War soundtrack again or one of my previous soundtracks (which even included thrash metal at one point, lol), I know what I'll be replacing the battle map music with this time around. That's right. Judge me. Feed me your hate. It only makes me stronger. I welcome it. Audiomachine is usually kinda lame and/or generic, but there's something really good about the tracks on this album. It's gonna be good.

I mostly agree with this, my only discrepancy is with eastern music which is what I expect from a land of turmoil,war and the craddle of civilization itself.

On the other hand, I ABSOLUTELY hate how all my FMs turn into human trash once the treasury reaches a certain level.
    I call that a job well done then.

My young FMs keep getting the 'eligible for mercenary service' trait yet when I move them into Bogadunon the mercenary service doesn't kick in even after a year of waiting. I'm a doing something wrong or do I have to wait until the Gallic factions start expanding my way?
    Yes, oversight on my part and already addressed upthread. Sweboz merc terms only become available post turn 150. In the next version/patch I've set it such that that description trait will only appear post turn 150 as well.
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; December 19, 2018 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    I call that a job well done then.
    You did this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So it's working as intended that basically all governors end up with Gourmand (or Glutton)? If not, how do I avoid this? What's the threshold for treasury balance to prevent this? I swear mine was never over 20k for more than a turn or two

Quote Originally Posted by cowrecked View Post
    So it's working as intended that basically all governors end up with Gourmand (or Glutton)? If not, how do I avoid this? What's the threshold for treasury balance to prevent this? I swear mine was never over 20k for more than a turn or two
    You avoid it by not leaving large surpluses in your treasury. Queuing up building projects is a good way to absorb funds, which also gives positive management-related traits as well.

Folks... the first Carthaginian reform happened at turn 256, without my last Barcid guy being elected rab mahnet. Somebody needs to check what the current reform triggers actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Folks... the first Carthaginian reform happened at turn 256, without my last Barcid guy being elected rab mahnet. Somebody needs to check what the current reform triggers actually are.
    Ah, there is a universal failsafe after turn 254. It's in the Calendar Events script, I'd forgotten it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Take into consideration that even without the Barcid family, Carthage would most probably expand to Iberia, either to get the money to pay Rome after being defeated or because they couldn't expand east. Therefore, the reforms would happen anyway, but probably later.
    Last edited by Lusitanio; December 19, 2018 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cowrecked View Post
    I think you had just bad luck, normally the "bad traits" start to trigger when you have more than 50k on the treasury, not 20k. Still, its better to avoid having much money in your treasury since it increases the probability of your FMs getting traits like those and also helps them getting other good traits related to finances.