Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Senator

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Are Speudogordoz/Askamanniz supposed to be so...bad?No matter how I use them they perform worse than simliar prized units.They lack killing power(despite the 8 attack) and they have no survivability in meele despite the pikes.Even some of my cheaper normal spear units(like the chatti) perform better.I didn't expect them to perform like a phalanx but this is a bit dissapointing they seem to kill far slower than normal 8 attack spear units.
    Last edited by Sint; December 14, 2018 at 08:28 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Do nomadic enclaves somehow interfere with hellenistic poleis and colonies, beside the cultural conversion?
    Though all types of colonies are mutually exclusive, in that instance the presence/absence of a pastoral region makes them exclusive of each other anyway. You might put a polis in a pastoral region, but you can't put a helcol there, and nomadic enclaves require pastoral regions.

Note that nomadic enclaves aren't all that generous - it's only 4 point of units, but for some factions they are a welcome source of different cavalry, or simply something you wouldn't otherwise have access to.

And I keep forgetting...at which age do FMs gain unschooled or school based traits? I do not want to pull them away too soon, but I need a new governor...
    Some time before the age of 28.

were the tracks from 0.A.D. removed from the barbarian (gallic) campaign? i did have a track play when i got the popup for liberating felsina, but otherwise, haven't heard them playing, have heard some new tracks, though

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Though all types of colonies are mutually exclusive, in that instance the presence/absence of a pastoral region makes them exclusive of each other anyway. You might put a polis in a pastoral region, but you can't put a helcol there, and nomadic enclaves require pastoral regions.

Note that nomadic enclaves aren't all that generous - it's only 4 point of units, but for some factions they are a welcome source of different cavalry, or simply something you wouldn't otherwise have access to.
    Is it really only pastoral? In my KB campaign, I can build the initial enclave building in Khersonesos and Pantikapion, and they're not pastoral.

And there is something weird about my KB campaign...I don't have colonists yet, but I had hellenistic polis since start and it should generate colonists every 48 turns, it is turn 67 and nothing. Building browser shows no siege unit recruitment available in Basilike Patris in Pantikapion (I'll se once I can build it), and I government building show no Thureophorentes Toxotai available, but two recruitment pools for Thureophorentes Hippotoxotai. And I can't seem to be able to recruit Thureophoroi, Euzonoi or Machiarophoroi anywhere....

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    were the tracks from 0.A.D. removed from the barbarian (gallic) campaign? i did have a track play when i got the popup for liberating felsina, but otherwise, haven't heard them playing, have heard some new tracks, though
    Yeah this funny thing, I have seen it as well. Gladly 0 A.D. is open source but normally you should accept the open-source policy to use it.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Is it really only pastoral? In my KB campaign, I can build the initial enclave building in Khersonesos and Pantikapion, and they're not pastoral.
    Ah, I'm remembering an earlier incarnation of it - you're right. It only requires the nomadic_migration hidden_resource, and is mutually exclusive with Foreign and Hellenistic Colonies.

And there is something weird about my KB campaign...I don't have colonists yet, but I had hellenistic polis since start and it should generate colonists every 48 turns, it is turn 67 and nothing. Building browser shows no siege unit recruitment available in Basilike Patris in Pantikapion (I'll se once I can build it), and I government building show no Thureophorentes Toxotai available, but two recruitment pools for Thureophorentes Hippotoxotai. And I can't seem to be able to recruit Thureophoroi, Euzonoi or Machiarophoroi anywhere....
    You need three polis_two's or one polis_three to get colonists. They will then generate colonists every 16 turns. Bosporans don't get siege engines in their governments, they can only get them from helcol_three/helcol_ref.

Thureopherontes Toxotai are a late unit for everyone, but the Bosporans have early access to the Hippotoxotai. There are two pools because one comes from the region pool, the other the special pool in the government building.

You'll get those thureos-using units after the later reform; the northern shore is a backwater compared to the eastern Mediterranean.

I see...damn...so I gotta go kick some major butt down south to get colonists. Oh well...I'll hit the Byzantion and hope that Pergamon will be stupid enough to go for it.

By the way...just how big force do reemerging factions get? Epiros won the battle for Hellas in my campaign, but then KH reemerged in Korinth, and took Sparta, Athens and Thermon in just a few turns, and shows no sign of slowing down. In fact, my spy revealed the battle for Thermon to be full stack vs. just a few defenders.

Re-emerging factions get one full stack in the settlement they spawn in. I don't know if they get their old treasury total back - if so, they might have gone on a merc-hiring spree to assist them.

I see...damn...so I gotta go kick some major butt down south to get colonists. Oh well...I'll hit the Byzantion and hope that Pergamon will be stupid enough to go for it.

By the way...just how big force do reemerging factions get? Epiros won the battle for Hellas in my campaign, but then KH reemerged in Korinth, and took Sparta, Athens and Thermon in just a few turns, and shows no sign of slowing down. In fact, my spy revealed the battle for Thermon to be full stack vs. just a few defenders.
    It all depends on the reemerging faction and its neighbours. For example, I'm testing a Pontos campaign, and currently in turn 186, the KH have reemerged 4 times and they never survived more than 10 turns because Epeiros destroyed them each time and also because of a problem I will tell to the team, a sort of malfunctioning of the reemerging process because the KH keep reemerging in a different city than what it is said in the message, but their stack appears in another city. For example, the KH reemerge in Sparta, the message says Athens instead, I look at the map and they have Sparta and a full stack in Athens. This leaves Sparta without defences and they are soon conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    It all depends on the reemerging faction and its neighbours. For example, I'm testing a Pontos campaign, and currently in turn 186, the KH have reemerged 4 times and they never survived more than 10 turns because Epeiros destroyed them each time and also because of a problem I will tell to the team, a sort of malfunctioning of the reemerging process because the KH keep reemerging in a different city than what it is said in the message, but their stack appears in another city. For example, the KH reemerge in Sparta, the message says Athens instead, I look at the map and they have Sparta and a full stack in Athens. This leaves Sparta without defences and they are soon conquered.
    It's the known wandering re-emerge point bug. We've been struggling with it ever since enabling faction re-emergence, and nothing we've tried has worked to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's the known wandering re-emerge point bug. We've been struggling with it ever since enabling faction re-emergence, and nothing we've tried has worked to fix it.
    Before, the re-emergence would happen in the same city as the message but now it doesn't. They revolted 4 times now and despite the message saying Athens the city was 1st Sparta, 2nd and 3rd Thermon and 4th had the message saying it was in Korinthos but the city was Sparta. Still, a full stack always appears on the place of the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Before, the re-emergence would happen in the same city as the message but now it doesn't. They revolted 4 times now and despite the message saying Athens the city was 1st Sparta, 2nd and 3rd Thermon and 4th had the message saying it was in Korinthos but the city was Sparta. Still, a full stack always appears on the place of the message.
    The stack appears where it is supposed to, because it has fixed co-ordinates. The re-emerge uses a different method; it's supposed to be by settlement, but as you've seen it doesn't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    Yeah this funny thing, I have seen it as well. Gladly 0 A.D. is open source but normally you should accept the open-source policy to use it.
    At the request of the composer, we did just that. Please read mods\ebii\data\sounds\music\license.txt
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    At the request of the composer, we did just that. Please read mods\ebii\data\sounds\music\license.txt
    i see this:

1) The 7 music tracks listed below were created by Omri Lahav, from the game 0 A.D., released under the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license:

Juno Protect You
    Mediterranean Waves
    Peaks of Atlas
    The Road Ahead
    Valley of the Nile
    Ammon-Ra
    Land between the two Seas
    but the tracks Cisalpine Gaul, Celtic Pride, and Celtica (from the same composer) were removed with the most recent patch?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Congratulation on new release, I am downloading now.

Gordianus's Avatar Laetus

best -arround christmas- gift EVER ! THANKS !

I just wanna say THANK YOU! this is awesome! i love the new units. And the AI in battle seems a lot better, this is not mentioning that Pike phalanxes are actually deadly now and are actually useful. I also love that the Rebel is actually hiring units, They even sieged Amaseia in my pontic play through. And i love your new script that makes them automatically assault my city with siege equipment, That makes the game so awesome. Compared to them just starving it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    but the tracks Cisalpine Gaul, Celtic Pride, and Celtica (from the same composer) were removed with the most recent patch?
    At the request of our Gallic Historian/faction lead. They could be modded back in, of course, using the appropriate files in v2.3 as a model.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    - Parthayia has the "After Alexandros" text in the custom battle map choosing screen
    Thanks for pointing that out - fixed in the dev build
    EBII Council

Can I ask what are you working on right now?.

I hope it's the new BG for Pontus.