Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Can I ask why the Bosporitai Logades have 1 in charge?

It seems so weak for an elite heavy assault unit tbh
    The charge value in the unit card refers to the primary (missile) weapon that have a value of 1 instead of 0 only because of engine limitations. Check the recruitment viewer or the EDU file for the real value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    KB does look interesting, though I'm afraid I'll be dropping down south to get some of my favorite units anyway. The nomadic enclaves look especially interesting...I did not look into the system thoroughly yet, but does it mean I'll be able to get Sauroma Wazdae in decent quantitites? That would be great...
    No, enclaves give riders only, not nobles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    By the way...how does the team decide on formation of units? I find it interesting that some skirmishers, like basically all those added in 2.35 to Italy, and heavy archers like Toxotai Kretikoi or Thureopherontes Toxotai, have heavy infantry formation even though those carry better melee gear only for their defense, while those based on troops that historically often served as assault infantry (and they do so in game) like Peltenai or Skaplinai have loose, skirmisher formation. I noticed that Thureopherontes Toxotai gained tighter formation only in 2.35, is it something you're refining and just didn't get around to do for some units yet?
    Usually they are based on a similar other units.

Can I ask why the Bosporitai Logades have 1 in charge?

It seems so weak for an elite heavy assault unit tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    The charge value in the unit card refers to the primary (missile) weapon that have a value of 1 instead of 0 only because of engine limitations. Check the recruitment viewer or the EDU file for the real value.
    As above, it's wrong. The unit cards are not a reliable source of information on a unit's stats, go check the EDU if you want the truth.

EDIT : Are there going to be mercenary cataphracts in the future?.
    No, it doesn't even make sense for a wealthy elite like that to be hiring themselves out.

Pardon the ignorance, but what is the EDU file and where can it be found?

Also I'd appreciate a small explanation on how nomadic enclaves function.

Cheers.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

EDU=export_descr_units.txt , in this case located at data folder of the ebii mod folder. But it's better to use recruitment viewer that's in main ebii directory, as it processess EDU and EDB (export_descr_buildings.txt in data directory) into more comprehensive form.

This update has really blessed the Bosporians. Aside from the new nomadic units like the Roxolani Lancers. The addition of more infantry like the Dnieper Celts and tbe Pontic Hoplites gave the Bosporians a much needed backbone for their infantry.

Before, I had to rely on a single Classical Hoplites plus loads of weak militia units.

Ok, i'm going to reformulate my question :

Are there going to be AOR cataphracts in the future?.

Ok, i'm going to reformulate my question :

Are there going to be AOR cataphracts in the future?.
    No, they're only available to nomadic factions in their Royal Clan buildings. Or else if they're Armenian, in the appropriate governments to that faction. Or for Hellenistic ones, in the highest tier of colony.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    This update has really blessed the Bosporians. Aside from the new nomadic units like the Roxolani Lancers. The addition of more infantry like the Dnieper Celts and tbe Pontic Hoplites gave the Bosporians a much needed backbone for their infantry.

Before, I had to rely on a single Classical Hoplites plus loads of weak militia units.
    yeah. I'm currently also playing a KB campaign and having a blast. Had two events happen at the same time and was besieged at 2 cities at once. I really love those Dnieper Celts. And I really can't wait to get the post reform units those sweet sweet armoured archers and the new Logades

I'm an ungrateful bastard. I am.
    Every new Carthage campaign, I spam Lybian hoplites at the start. Those poor sons of ditches die for me in the thousands. What do I do to thank them for their service? I replace them with newer units and fancy regionals as soon as I can.

For shame, for shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Also I'd appreciate a small explanation on how nomadic enclaves function.
    For those factions with a close enough association with nomads, they can opt to invite a small group of them onto their pastures. It's a disruptive influence (increases rel_b culture) but comes with the option of recruiting riders. For the Lugians it's a small, but useful source of cavalry, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    For those factions with a close enough association with nomads, they can opt to invite a small group of them onto their pastures. It's a disruptive influence (increases rel_b culture) but comes with the option of recruiting riders. For the Lugians it's a small, but useful source of cavalry, for example.
    Thanks. I reckon the player gets an ingame notification that an enclave can be created, just like colonists notification?

Current Hotseat:

Thanks. I reckon the player gets an ingame notification that an enclave can be created, just like colonists notification?
    No, there's nothing like that. It isn't based on a proper colonisation system with limited points, just available in specific places with the nomadic_migration hidden_resource.

Icon14 Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

I already sent this on Facebook :

T H A N K Y O U S O M U C H

I salute you all !

Did you add fallback triggers for the Carthaginian reforms in 2.35?
    Asking because I am down to one Barcid and two Anti-Barcids. The rest aren't taking a side - damn moderates!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Did you add fallback triggers for the Carthaginian reforms in 2.35?
    Asking because I am down to one Barcid and two Anti-Barcids. The rest aren't taking a side - damn moderates!
    No, the fallback is for the AI only. If necessary, use give_trait to get your Barcid Leader, if none is forthcoming.

I have been unable to establish Royal Clans as Parthia in Bukhara and Khwarezm, only allied ones. Is this intended?

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    I have been unable to establish Royal Clans as Parthia in Bukhara and Khwarezm, only allied ones. Is this intended?
    Yes; there is no longer the Royal Clan free for all for nomadic factions, only certain places can host them. For Pahlava, that's Assak, Hekatompylos and Nisaya.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, there's nothing like that. It isn't based on a proper colonisation system with limited points, just available in specific places with the nomadic_migration hidden_resource.
    Ok now I understand. So it's a basically a building available for the faction which will allow more recruitment options at the expense of an unrest penalty.
    With that said, can the enclave be built inviting a faction we are at ear with?

For example, can the Lugiones build a Sauromate enclave if they are at war with the Sauromate?

Current Hotseat:

Ok now I understand. So it's a basically a building available for the faction which will allow more recruitment options at the expense of an unrest penalty.
    With that said, can the enclave be built inviting a faction we are at ear with?

For example, can the Lugiones build a Sauromate enclave if they are at war with the Sauromate?
    Again, it's a simpler system than that, and in any case those factions usually represent just one tribe of a confederation. Each lord of a Sauromatian band is at liberty to do pretty much what they like and take their people wherever they will.

Do nomadic enclaves somehow interfere with hellenistic poleis and colonies, beside the cultural conversion?

And I keep forgetting...at which age do FMs gain unschooled or school based traits? I do not want to pull them away too soon, but I need a new governor...