Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

What's the current number of finished units?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    What's the current number of finished units?
    The total number of units is 410 - but that includes ships, siege engines and about a dozen placeholders (primarily the Client Rulers).

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I absolutely love some of the new client ruler units, like the Skalmenai Reza Thracian infantry. Their capes look so cool! I really want to see what those Anatolian/Eastern cavalry client ruler bodyguards look like but unfortunately I haven't been able to use them in battle and they haven't been in any city that was besieged by the enemy thus far. Oh well! There's always a next campaign after I'm done with the Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The total number of units is 410 - but that includes ships, siege engines and about a dozen placeholders (primarily the Client Rulers).
    Thanks. Every time I see a new unit, I get both happy and sad. I get sad, because I know that there is one less unit I get to see and learn about.
    Stupid unit limit.

More content for the Getai coming, in terms of "missions" and a reform.

Any chance of another look at the continental Celtic factions? Their recruitment potential is frightfully low compared to, say, Makedon or Pontos. Limiting Uiuspurios(sp?) to 2 per Allied State is especially frustrating, considering that you can easily get 5-6 Thureophoroi from a fully developed settlement as one of the other factions, not counting Thorakitai, Hoplitai, Phalangites, etc. It's gotten to the point that I'm shipping Belgic and British spearmen to me Italian and Iberian fronts in order to keep up (at least until the Pritanoi respawned and gang-rushed my British settlements). Basically, aside from upgrading an Allied State to a Confederation, there isn't any investment I can make in order to get more bodies in the field.

Also, is there any way to "upgrade" a Weak Kingetos to a regular one? Because I've had Great Tacticians who've literally "Seen the Elephant" (because the Romans somehow imported a unit of African Elephants to Italy), but because of Weak Kingetos, he's still at 0 Command Stars. I know Command Stars don't have too much effect on battles, but they do impact autoresolve, and I've been suffering disproportionate casualties while auto-resolving full stack-on-tiny stack battles (I'm not looking forward to manually fighting eight 2-unit stacks individually). I have seen Kingetoi get upgraded to Epas, but never a Weak Kingetos to a normal one.

EDIT: Here's proof of the Roman Elephants: maybe they bribed a Carthaginian stack?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aedui Elephants.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	358023
    Last edited by Dargaron; April 27, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    Any chance of another look at the continental Celtic factions? Their recruitment potential is frightfully low compared to, say, Makedon or Pontos. Limiting Uiuspurios(sp?) to 2 per Allied State is especially frustrating, considering that you can easily get 5-6 Thureophoroi from a fully developed settlement as one of the other factions, not counting Thorakitai, Hoplitai, Phalangites, etc. It's gotten to the point that I'm shipping Belgic and British spearmen to me Italian and Iberian fronts in order to keep up (at least until the Pritanoi respawned and gang-rushed my British settlements). Basically, aside from upgrading an Allied State to a Confederation, there isn't any investment I can make in order to get more bodies in the field.
    Unfortunately, it's a consequence of the Celtic roster being so broad; I can only just get them all in to the relatively large pool the Allied State offers. Aedui/Arverni don't have colonisation like the Boii, so I'm afraid the Confed is the only option (with the bonus that in the late reform, you get more Retainers).

Otherwise, there are mercenaries - the merc Kingetoi are better than the recruitable variety (though a smaller unit).

Also, is there any way to "upgrade" a Weak Kingetos to a regular one? Because I've had Great Tacticians who've literally "Seen the Elephant" (because the Romans somehow imported a unit of African Elephants to Italy), but because of Weak Kingetos, he's still at 0 Command Stars. I know Command Stars don't have too much effect on battles, but they do impact autoresolve, and I've been suffering disproportionate casualties while auto-resolving full stack-on-tiny stack battles (I'm not looking forward to manually fighting eight 2-unit stacks individually). I have seen Kingetoi get upgraded to Epas, but never a Weak Kingetos to a normal one.
    Traits aren't my area, so I can't speak to this.

EDIT: Here's proof of the Roman Elephants: maybe they bribed a Carthaginian stack?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aedui Elephants.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	358023
    There's an "elephant capture" script, which also applies to the AI. If they've been fighting Carthage, they may have triggered it.

I really hate that elephant script. You capture like one elephant and next thing you know, you have 20 of them at home and you gotta feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I really hate that elephant script. You capture like one elephant and next thing you know, you have 20 of them at home and you gotta feed them.
    I usually disband those at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I usually disband those at once.
    Same here, but they keep infesting my recruitment pool. I'd give them to a certain queen if I could.

More content for the Getai coming, in terms of "missions" and a reform.
    Cool! Getai are my favorite barbarian faction, looking forward to it.

Changes to Makedonia and possibly Epeiros in the patch, too. The Hellenistic factions will all be a lot more different to each other than they were in 2.3, besides occupying different geographical spheres of influence.

Changes to Makedonia and possibly Epeiros in the patch, too. The Hellenistic factions will all be a lot more different to each other than they were in 2.3, besides occupying different geographical spheres of influence.
    What changes do you have in mind for Epeiros? I have been thinking about playing as them one day. Are they going to have some radically different infrastructure and government types? How different is their roster and recruitment pools from other Hellenistic factions? I know they have cool stuff like the Agema Phalangitai, but I haven't paid too much attention to them in the past, plus I almost never get a chance to fight them after the Thorakitai reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    What changes do you have in mind for Epeiros? I have been thinking about playing as them one day. Are they going to have some radically different infrastructure and government types? How different is their roster and recruitment pools from other Hellenistic factions? I know they have cool stuff like the Agema Phalangitai, but I haven't paid too much attention to them in the past, plus I almost never get a chance to fight them after the Thorakitai reforms.
    It'll be governments, reforms and some stuff around traits that will make them more distinct and different. Epeiros will eventually get something completely different in structure, representing them moving from tribal confederation to a more centralised and eventually imperial state.

Rosters will remain the way they are for all Hellenistic factions; the same core plus regional variation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Anyway...I feel like starting a new campaign, do you still need testers for something?
    Sar1n and I signed up for playtesting some time ago. I haven't seen a reply from the team. Do you folks need playtesters? My current campaign is pretty stale, I have the free time.

It'll be governments, reforms and some stuff around traits that will make them more distinct and different. Epeiros will eventually get something completely different in structure, representing them moving from tribal confederation to a more centralised and eventually imperial state.

Rosters will remain the way they are for all Hellenistic factions; the same core plus regional variation.
    Cool, thanks for letting me know.

Are we going to see the new models for Punic/Carthaginian towns and cities in the next update of v. 2.4 or patch for v. 2.35?

Is the Helvetti Phalanx only recruitable in Allied Governments?

Playing as the Aedui, I don't see them as recruitable in any of the governments (Allied State and Migration) available neither is there a Confederation gov for that settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Cool, thanks for letting me know.

Are we going to see the new models for Punic/Carthaginian towns and cities in the next update of v. 2.4 or patch for v. 2.35?
    Given the files involved are huge, 2.4 is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Is the Helvetti Phalanx only recruitable in Allied Governments?

Playing as the Aedui, I don't see them as recruitable in any of the governments (Allied State and Migration) available neither is there a Confederation gov for that settlement.
    Allied State in Kambodunon is the only place, for the Aedui. The Boii get them in their Confed, because that's a "homeland" region for them.

Recently there was a discussion on this forum somewhere about the status of various factions (how finished they are, what changes are due to come in the near future). Having reached the end of a very fun Epeiros campaign I'm trying to figure out what to play next, but despite my best efforts I can't find the threat anymore where that was discussed. Any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Neyak View Post
    Recently there was a discussion on this forum somewhere about the status of various factions (how finished they are, what changes are due to come in the near future). Having reached the end of a very fun Epeiros campaign I'm trying to figure out what to play next, but despite my best efforts I can't find the threat anymore where that was discussed. Any pointers?
    Have you ever considered playing as the Sweboz? They are quite a fun faction to play with, with a hard early expansion and even harder later as they start to face threats from the Aedui, Arveni, Boii and Lugian which seem to have better units overall than yours.

And this was the thread you were looking for: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ncomplete-quot