Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
If some players want to try it: I have been testing Factions behaviour with the money limit increased from 29999 to 49999. What this mean? In EBII, AI Factions have a clawback of -20k on the next turn after they get more than 29999. This is done to prevent AI Factions from accumulating huge amounts of money. What I did was increasing the limit, allowing AI Factions to have more, but keeping the clawback after they hit more than 49999. Note that this change affects most the small factions since the big ones like Romani, Carthage, Seleucids, Ptolemai, rarely have more than 20k of money and even some minor factions can't reach the big numbers.

During the testing (I'm still not done testing), I played 105 turns in a Pontus campaign and I can say that the AI seems a bit more agressive (just slightly), they seem to have some more boats around the map (for example, the Lusitanian and the Numidian) and they have a lot more capacity to pay ransoms and not going bankrupt from that (I had the Hayadashan paying me two ransoms with captured FMs that costed them 16k one and 10k the other, on the next turn they sued for peace and accepted my demand to pay 2000 for peace, they still had money left but not much).

So, if anyone wants to try this and see if there are positive changes in the game, this is how:

With Notepad ++, go to the "AI Faction Excess Treasury Reduction" section of the campaign_script - change the and Treasury > 29999 to 49999 (or a higher number if you want).

And thanks QuintusSertorius for telling me how to change it!
One small note to add to anyone making this change, it is not savegame compatible, and requires a new campaign to take effect.