Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

I would really love to play this, is there any way around the Steam-Folder thingy?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

It's been almost a year since I last played. Rly excited about 2.35A <3

I gotta say, Im pretty excited myself. Specially because this patch is makin me very interested to play 3 factions that I rarely do. Eager to experience Carthage, Ptolemaics and Epeiros in the new patch.

We will either find a way, or make one.

How can this be fixed?
    no date and season icon
    I use window mode 4:3, localization of my language without mod fonts

Quote Originally Posted by Svobodnyi View Post
    How can this be fixed?
    no date and season icon
    I use window mode 4:3, localization of my language without mod fonts
    Launch the game on the folder exe not on the desktop shortcut.

In your EBII.cfg file make sure you have the following command in the [misc] section:

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true

You can also put it in the Medieval2.preferences.cfg file but make sure you make it read only or the game will overwrite it.

Hope this helps,
    Caymus

Quote Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
    In your EBII.cfg file make sure you have the following command in the [misc] section:

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true

You can also put it in the Medieval2.preferences.cfg file but make sure you make it read only or the game will overwrite it.

Hope this helps,
    Caymus
    tnx it really works, could you tell me the name another interface element and where to put it in the preference file?

Does anyone know why my family members would be getting stripped of their citizenship? I am playing as koinon hellen. The first time it happened I thought it was maybe because I had been using an athenian general as a normal unit so had been in am army for about 4 years. However then one of my Rhodes family members (the younger starting one) also got stripped of citizenship. All he had done was sit in Rhodes and then take over governing of the city for the last 4 years? Is there a precursor trait I should have noticed and missed?

Good fun. I spent about 25 turns in debt after the initial outlay on troops and mercanaries. Macedonia are my allies now. Currently at war with pergamon.

The guide says your FMs are a bunch of selfish and disloyal losers
    I'd ask Roma_Victrix for more details, he played quite the campaign with KH.

Hi guys,

will verifying integrity of game files in steam break EBII or any other Med2 mod?

Cheers!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

As long as your mods are modfoldered and no mod files replace the original files, you should be fine.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    As long as your mods are modfoldered and no mod files replace the original files, you should be fine.
    Thanks.
    However, excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is a modfoldered mod?

Current Hotseat:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Thanks.
    However, excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is a modfoldered mod?
    a mod that is contained within a subfolder of its own and does not overwrite vanilla (original) files so you can still play it/install more mods

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    a mod that is contained within a subfolder of its own and does not overwrite vanilla (original) files so you can still play it/install more mods
    Ok, so basically all mods in this case.
    All my mods are in the ...Medieval II total war/mods folder.

Current Hotseat:

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Basically - there are some mods that overwrite the main game, see the M2 Hosted modifications, but most are based on Kingdoms and as such are modfoldered
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Ok, so basically all mods in this case.
    All my mods are in the ...Medieval II total war/mods folder.
    Note that mods replacing kingdoms campaigns will be broken, as they are vanilla data according to Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Note that mods replacing kingdoms campaigns will be broken, as they are vanilla data according to Steam.
    Indeed.
    After verifying the integrity of the files, I had to rename the kingdoms campaigns back to their original name, then rename them again to replace them with the mods I'd like to launch from steam and this did the trick.

At least the mods launch, I hope the gameplay and animations are not broken.

Current Hotseat:

One question. Something I realized recently, regarding hellenistic colonies, is that given level 3 colonies are geogrpahically restricted to some palces now, it means that hellenizing elsewhere past a certain point outside those areas its only possible by forfeiting phalanx recruitment which I dont know how coherent it is.

The thing is, I see how the level 3 limitation may make sense as those were the zones more extensivelly settled historically, and maybe it wouldnt be realistically possible to settle that much in some more distant regions. But you are already allowed to hellenize as much as it can be done (at a decent pace) with the reform colony in those regions, why would you have to sacrifice phalanxes to be able to do it though? Given recruitment is regional if it was deemed that you shouldn't been able to get that many phalanx troops outside the zones that currently allow level 3 colonies, that can be just done by altering recruitment of the building. You may not be able to get the specific kind of colonist in enough numbers to get more pahalanxes, but I dont see why hellenizing means you have to lose the ones already had.

Was this an intended consequence? If so what is the rationale? I would love to know. The thing here I bring up its not so much about if this or that troop is available here or there but the coherency of the progression which seems inconsistent now where this step was removed.

We will either find a way, or make one.

I'm reinstalling the mod with/from the M2TW "Definitive" edition. Do I need to rename the medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe or some such given there is no no kingdoms.exe anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    One question. Something I realized recently, regarding hellenistic colonies, is that given level 3 colonies are geogrpahically restricted to some palces now, it means that hellenizing elsewhere past a certain point outside those areas its only possible by forfeiting phalanx recruitment which I dont know how coherent it is.

The thing is, I see how the level 3 limitation may make sense as those were the zones more extensivelly settled historically, and maybe it wouldnt be realistically possible to settle that much in some more distant regions. But you are already allowed to hellenize as much as it can be done (at a decent pace) with the reform colony in those regions, why would you have to sacrifice phalanxes to be able to do it though? Given recruitment is regional if it was deemed that you shouldn't been able to get that many phalanx troops outside the zones that currently allow level 3 colonies, that can be just done by altering recruitment of the building. You may not be able to get the specific kind of colonist in enough numbers to get more pahalanxes, but I dont see why hellenizing means you have to lose the ones already had.

Was this an intended consequence? If so what is the rationale? I would love to know. The thing here I bring up its not so much about if this or that troop is available here or there but the coherency of the progression which seems inconsistent now where this step was removed.
    Good question, and this is to a degree an unintended consequence of the change. However, it does underline the intended limitation of colony development in places beyond those which had the pre-existing attributes that made them viable historically. In growing them beyond a certain size, you can only further Hellenise by bringing in non-Makedonians who dilute the pool of available soldiers with non-phalanx traditions.